Chapter 14: Hunt (Part 3)
3.2k 9 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren immediately felt his fangs hitting a wall.

A hard and thick wall of flesh.

‘Come on… a new skill?’

Ren could feel with this thick iron feeling spreading to the flesh around his fangs.

His fangs could no longer pierce the Lotad’s flesh!

Ren loosened his jaws.

He gathered aura around his tail and activated it.

[Acceleration: Quick movement]

His body escaped a few meters away.

Ren could not help but become frustrated.

If he had been able to seriously damage the Lotad’s leg… he would have given himself an advantage.

Ren could see that his poison had stopped advancing.

The Lotad realigned its body facing Ren.

Its eyes were filled with anger.

‘First I need to find the limits of this skill…’

Ren thought about it.

His thoughts referred back to his knowledge of Pokémon…

‘If I remember correctly… there was a skill called… ‘Iron Defense’. This skill dramatically hardens the flesh and increases the defense stat of the Pokémon that uses it.’

The Lotad’s new defense would be hard to pierce with just his fangs.

Even if he could pierce it, he would not be able to inflict serious damage on the Lotad.

He needed something more… something sharper.

Ren noticed a problem with his skill set. He had many auxiliary skills like [Terrorize] and [Acceleration] but he did not have any attack and killing skills.

He had simply relied on his jaws and fangs. These assets would not cut it anymore. He had to find a different way.

The Lotad roared into the air in a bit to intimidate Ren!

Ren could not run anymore. He only had enough spirit to use acceleration few more times.

He had to end it now.

Ren could feel the spirit moving throughout his body. With the skill [Spirit Manipulation], he could freely move his energy around his body.

Memories of the Scyther’s [Wind blade] flashed through his mind. The Scyther had a mastery of the element of wind from birth. It was able to manipulate wind with extreme mastery.

Ren did not have such a privilege.

Ren had been wondering about the meaning of the different colors of aura.

Yellow Aura allowed the user to manipulate and create certain elemental attacks.

Green Aura referred to physical augmentation.

Then what was Red Aura?

It could not be converted into elements like Yellow aura.

It could be used to augment the body but his body strength would not be anything like that of a Green Aura user.

Ren had reached a simple conclusion.

Red Aura was all about application. He had diverse skills from [terrorize] to [acceleration]. In each of these skills, he applied spirit in different methods to achieve different effects.

‘So in order to create an attack skill…’ Ren thought about the Red Aura that surrounded his body.

Normally he used it like a Green Aura user, coating it around his body.

‘No… I have to manipulate it!’

 

The Lotad recollected was preparing itself.

Its body took on a deeper almost metallic shine. It activated [Iron Flesh]

Green aura concentrated on its legs. It [Charged] at him once again.

It had learnt from its previous mistake. Rather than charge at maximum power, the Lotad charged at a speed that was not to fast nor too slow.

This would allow it to injure Ren while simultaneously being able to change direction if Ren decided to move out of the way.

 

Ren stared at the approaching Lotad.

His mind worked furiously.

‘I better be right…’

His passive skill [Spirit Manipulation] worked at full capacity.  

The red aura that he had gathered around his body slowly started to contort and bend according to his will.

He thought back to the knowledge in his head.

The Red aura gradually took on the shape of a Lance.

An approximately 15cm Lance manifested itself in front of his body

It was the weapon of a knight!

His Spirit Manipulation skill percentage began to dramatically increase.

 

Ren activated acceleration.

His body shot forward.

He was going to meet the Lotad head on.

The two charging forces met in the middle.

Ren’s drill avoided the Lili pad and made contact with the Lotad’s [Iron Flesh] coated head.

Sparks seemed to fill the air.

They were in deadlock.

No… Ren was being pushed back! The Lotad’s strength was overpowering!

The Lance was not enough. He needed something more penetrative.

Knowledge from his past like flashed through his mind. He remembered large machines that would break through hard soil without any effort.

‘A drill!’

The lance that manifested in front of him began to spin.

‘More!’

Ren’s remaining energy reserves exploded.

Ren could feel the drill slowly penetrating into the Lotad’s head.

‘You shouldn’t have tried to kill me…’

The Lotad desperately tried to resist through its iron flesh skill but to no avail.

The Drill pierced through the Lotad’s skull and into the Lotad’s brain.  Brain fragments, bone and blood exploded onto the pebbled beach.

The Load gave out one last desperate scream before it collapsed onto the beach.

The Blue tier Pokémon was dead!

 

Ren released his red energy drill and it dissipated into the air.

His body fell in front of the Lotad.

He let out a sigh of relief! He had won!

He had beaten the Lotad.

[Ding! [Spirit Manipulation] has gained significant experience. Spirit has increased!]

The notifications of the system rang out in his head.

‘Status’

 

Status

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Infant)

Element: Poison

Level: 1 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 0/20

Length: 31 cm

Spirit: 3.3

Power: 2.9

Wisdom: 4.0

Agility: 2.2

Defense: 2.7

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [8%], Poison sting [10%], Terrorize [13%], Acceleration [10%] Evolution Suppressor [9%] Pokémon Appraisal [4%]

Passive Skills: Spirit Manipulation [34%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [8%]

 

Ren was shocked. His [Spirit Manipulation] had grown drastically from only 5% to 34%. He had made a major accomplishment in his usage of spirit!

His other skills and spirit had also increased!

He was elated.

Since coming to this world, he had never truly won a battle. The battle against the unborn worm monster was unfair, he hunted the Charmander with tricks and the Gible was just collateral damage.

This was the first time that he had won.

Moreover, it was against a blue tier Pokémon.

‘I can do this…’

Ren stared at the body of the Lotad.

He could not help but drool at the sight of the dead monster.

He wanted to consume it… To feel its flesh against his tongue.

‘No… you can’t Ren! It’s for the greater good!’

He held out.

No… Apart from training, his skills there was another reason that he had decided to take the risk and hunt the Lotad.

He had a plan.

A plan that involved harvesting a lot of bioenergy!


Hey Guys, 

Hope you enjoyed. 

If you liked this don't forget to comment and add this fanfiction to your favorites. Its really helps me out. 

Also, if you would like to access up to 6 chapters in advance, please access my patreon: 

www.Patreon/TeaDragon1

82