Chapter 16: Trap (Part 2)
2.8k 11 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren continued to patiently hunt.

In his spare time, he would continue to practice manipulating his aura.

‘I still can’t do it…’

The edges and shape of the cube continued to improve, yet he was not able to perfect it.

[Ding! Spirit has improved by .1]

Ren found that not only would his skill [spirit manipulation] improve but his stat points in spirit would also increase.

A few hours passed.

Ren looked at the setting sky.

‘I should be going now…’

He was tired.

Although the flesh of his prey revitalized his body, mental fatigue had begun to build up.

‘Besides… it’s getting dark.’

His body and his skills were not suited to hunting in the dark. If he tried… he might find that the role of prey and predator may reverse.

He was not going to take the risk.

‘Status’

 

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Infant)

Element: Poison

Level: 1 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 6/20

Length: 37 cm

Spirit: 3.8

Power: 2.9

Wisdom: 4.0

Agility: 2.2

Defense: 2.7

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [7.3%], Poison sting [6%], Terrorize [13.37%], Acceleration [6%] Evolution Suppressor [9%] Pokémon Appraisal [5%]

Passive Skills: Spirit Manipulation [45%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [8%]

 

After consuming the Buneary, he had hunted and consumed four more common tier Pokémon with little to no threat to himself.

Every single monster that he had encountered was low level.

Not a single one of them provided more than one energy.

‘No other blue tier Pokémon took the bait…’

White tier Pokémon were fine and all but, he wanted to ambush and kill another blue tier Pokémon.

None of them struck.

Ren made a note to himself.

Not only did higher potential Pokémon have greater strength at the same level but they also had greater instincts and intelligence.

Ren slowly slithered out of the trees and across the riverbank to the dead carcass of the Lotad.

He slowly looked at it.

It was a pity but he could not continue using it.

He was not able to drag it back to his den and if he left, it outside it was almost guaranteed that it would be gone by daybreak.

So he had no choice but to eat it.

Ren slowly reached down.

Red gathered on his fangs as he began to tear through the flesh of the Lotad.

“ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRR…’

A loud roar resounded out across the forest.

Ren immediately jerked his head out of the meat and looked in the direction of the noise.

‘A Red tier…’

Ren could instinctively tell.

‘RRROOOOOOOOOARRRR’ The roar once again resounded out this time a little closer to him.

The Red tier monster was attracted to the Lotad flesh.

Ren was definitely stronger now.

However, he was not so foolish as to believe that his strength was able to match a red tier Pokémon.

He would not fight.

‘That does not mean I am letting you have this free meal…’ Ren asserted.

More energy congealed on his jaws.

He tore through the Lotad’s flesh like a hyena.

Blood continued to flow onto the pebbles.

 

 

A large Pokémon walked out from the tree line, slowly treading on the hard ground.

It was more than 50cm tall. Its lean, brown body was filled with scars… scars from the battles that it had faced. They were its pride and joy.

Bulging muscles filled its body full of energy and vigor. The most eye-catching feature of this Pokémon was its head.

Bone. Like a helmet, a layer of thick bone covered a majority of its face. Only its gleaming eyes were visible from under the bone.

Deep and piercing eyes.

Its large hands dragged a bone club nearly as big as its body across the ground, creasing the soil.

If one looked closely, one could see that its bone club was not clean nor white. It was smothered in blood and flesh!

It was a Cubone.

It had smelled something.

Food.

Nothing like the cheap, low quality stuff it ordinarily ate. High quality stuff. Rare meat.

Driven by its instincts and sense of smell it had reached the riverbank.

Slowly it traced the source of the smell back to its root.

In front of it was not the delicacy that it had hoped for.

There was no food.

All that remained was a pool of blood!

‘RRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRR’ The Cubone roared in anger.

 

Ren slithered through the jungle.

The angry roars of the Cubone echoed behind him.

‘Serves you right… motherfucker,’ Ren thought.

He had eaten the whole Lotad!

As Ren’s body slithered through the jungle following the markings that he had left on the trees.

As Ren’s body slithered on, the sun continued to drop in the sky.

‘I have to hurry…’

It was getting dark.

Ren hurriedly slithered. Eventually after more than half an hour he made it back to his den.

He had not encountered a single monster.

‘With my shitty luck, I would have thought for sure that I would encounter something… wait! Don’t jinx it!’

After fixing up the foliage surrounding his hole, he slithered into his den.

He coiled himself into a spiral, trapping body heat.

It was cold outside.

The sun’s rays gradually disappeared.

It was dark out.

It was different to the daytime. There were no constant fights and roaring. There was silence.

Ren’s thoughts began to wonder.

‘This is my life… and this den is my home…’

The reality of his situation slowly started to kick in.

He had been too busy to even think about. He had gone from one battle to another, constantly levelling up and evolving.

He had no real time to think.

No perhaps… he just did not want to think about it because he knew it would only bring him sadness and pain.

He did not thing about who he was and why he was here.

He did not have a single memory.

A single fragment.

He could not remember the friends that he had had… the people that he had loved.

‘Who am I…?’

A memoryless human soul stuck in an animal body. That was what he liked to think but for all he knew he could just be some artificially created existence by some higher entity.

It was a bitter reality.

He had no one to talk to and no one to accompany him but bloodthirsty monsters.

Any normal person would go insane.

‘I want to go back…’

He was sure that he was from Earth.

He longer for it.

The cities of his memories.

He wanted to see the skyscrapers in his knowledge.

He wanted to ride a boat on the ocean.

He wanted to fly in the air using an airplane.

Yet no matter how much he wished for it, these wishes would not come true.

He was stuck. In a snakes body in the world of Pokémon.

Ren despaired.

There was only one strand of light in this infinite darkness.

Only one glimmer of hope.

‘Get strong…’

One thought filled his mind.

Ren made up his mind.

He was going to get strong.

Stronger than every other Pokémon.

Stronger than the sun and the moon.

If he got that strong, he was sure that he would be able to escape this goddamn world.

He was sure that he could go back to earth.

And he was sure that he would find out who he truly was.

He would do it.

No matter how long it took. Whether it be a few years or thousands.

Ren would wait and he would train.

He would become the strongest of them all!

His mind slowly achieved some sense of peace. His goal cemented itself in his heart.

Ren’s heartbeat began to slow down.

His breathing slowed.

Tomorrow would be a day of new beginnings.

 

Ren’s status:

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Infant)

Element: Poison

Level: 1 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 10/20

Length: 41 cm

Spirit: 3.8

Power: 2.9

Wisdom: 4.0

Agility: 2.4

Defense: 2.8

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [7.3%], Poison sting [6%], Terrorize [13.37%], Acceleration [16%] Evolution Suppressor [9%] Pokémon Appraisal [5%]

Passive Skills: Spirit Manipulation [45%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [8%]


Hope you guys enjoyed!

(2/2)

76