Chapter 24: Draconic Level up
2.7k 12 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to support me and read chapters in advance, consider joining my pa treon.

www.pa treon.com/TeaDragon1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ren fell through an endless abyss of darkness.

[Ding! Modifications have been made to your body…]

'Who am I?' Ren questioned.

His eyes shot open.

It took a few seconds for Ren to regain his bearings.

'It finished…'

His level up was completed.

'Status'

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Adolescent)

Element: Poison

Level: 2 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 0/30

Length: 101 cm

Spirit: 10.5

Power: 8.8

Wisdom: 5.2

Agility: 8.0

Defense: 8.3

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [10.5%], Poison sting [9%], Terrorize [20%], Acceleration [37%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [14%] Pokémon Appraisal [30%]

Passive Skills: Spirit Manipulation [91%],

Racial Skills: Shedding [20%], Draconic body [1%]

Ren adjusted himself to his new length.

More than anything, his spirit reserved had skyrocketed, passing the 10 mark.

He could feel his spirit smoothly running through his body.

The limitations set on [Spirit Manipulation] seemed to come undone a bit.

A putrid smell assaulted his nose.

'Fuck… it stinks.'

He could feel a substance sticking to his skin.

'What is it…?'

Ren used his tail to scoop up the substance and positioned it so that he could observe it.

'Black goo…'

A sticky, black goo.

He felt unpleasant being covered by such a substance.

[Ding! You have levelled up! Draconic Body has activated. Bioenergy requirements increase…]

Ren once again felt a bell like sound resound within his body.

'What was that…?'

Ren once again activated his status.

'What the hell!' Ren exclaimed.

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adolescent)

Element: Poison

Level: 2 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 0/50

Length: 101 cm

Spirit: 10.5

Power: 8.8

Wisdom: 5.2

Agility: 8.0

Defense: 8.3

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [10.5%], Poison sting [9%], Terrorize [20%], Acceleration [37%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [14%] Pokémon Appraisal [30%]

Passive Skills: Spirit Manipulation [91%],

Racial Skills: Shedding [20%], Draconic body [4%]

While his normal status remained the same, his bioenergy requirements drastically increased! The Bioenergy limit had increased from 30 to 50.

Ren was excited.

Why was this?

'Draconic body… what an overpowered skill'

Perhaps other people might consider a larger number of bioenergy limit as something that slowed down growth. Ren was elated.

This meant he could grow longer and powerful in a smaller number of levels.

One thing had constantly remained on Ren's mind since he had come to this world.

His level limit.

He assumed that when he got to that level his growth would come to a halt.

That was why he treated every bioenergy as a precious resource. Now that his body could hold more…

More so than that his species had changed.

'Draconic Ekans.' Red read.

What abilities did this new species give him? Was it a simple increase to his bioenergy limit?

Ren's attention turned elsewhere.

'System, how long was I out for?' Ren questioned

[Calculating… Host has been asleep for 4 days]

'More than double last time, eh?'

Ren was not too surprised. He had expected a long sleep.

'Still, that means that I have been in this world for more than a week now.'

He had spent that time constantly fighting, levelling up and sleeping.

Ren observed the den.

A black bool of goo had created puddle around him.

Another skin shedding lined the back of the den.

Nasty smells continued to enter his nose.

'I have to abandon this place…' Ren decided.

This humble den had served him well. There were few problems though.

For one it was much too exposed for Ren's liking. Additionally, the black goo lining the bottom of the den made the place inhospitable.

Ren's body slithered out of his den and into the shining rays of the sun.

He rested in the sun for a while, letting the sun's rays warm his cold blood and energize the rest of his body.

He slowly began to experiment with his aura.

'It's smoother.'

The time taken for his spirit to move from one area to another was much lower.

'Let's see how good the congealing is…'

Ren slowly moved the spirit out of his body. The red aura congeal in front of him.

He could control the aura much more easily.

Ren changed the shape of the aura into that of a spear.

'Copy'

With almost no effort, another identical spear appeared next to the original spear.

He could feel his spirit still pumping strongly through his body.

'Copy'

Another spear appeared.

'What's the limit?' Ren wondered.

He consecutively copied the spear.

Five spears appeared on top of his head. This was his new limit!

Ren began to control the spears, but found his grip on the spears weakening. He reduced the number of spears to four.

He controlled the directions of the spears. One spear pointed to the ground, the others pointed in others direction.

He moved them forward and backward.

Ren became even more excited.

His level up had led to his ability to control spirit improving.

Ren did not experiment any more.

His body was energized. It was time for him to set off and clean his body.

Ren took one last look at the Den.

It had been his home for the last few weeks.

He sighed.

'I am going to miss this place… my safe haven from the rest of the world.'

He slithered away into the forest.

The sounds of battles entered his ears.

The screams of dying Pokémon and the victorious roars of others.

'First I have to wash myself.' Ren decided, heading in the direction of the stream of water.

Despite his newfound power, he maintained a careful eye on his surroundings.

'Most blue and white tier Pokémon should not be able to threaten me. The only ones I need to watch out for are level 3 Pokémon, Red tier Pokémon and Yellow Tier Pokémon.'

Other questions filled his mind.

'Will I be able to fight against Red tier Pokémon now?' Ren pondered.

His surging spirit gave him hope.

'I'd say that I can definitely put up a fight…'

Ren was sure that even if he could not win against a red tier Pokémon he would have no problem injuring it and running away.

'It's only a matter of time…' Ren thought.

Soon... he could feel it. Soon he would be stronger to fight against Red tier Pokémon.

He could see the clearing up ahead.

He waited in the trees, observing the water bank.

'No enemies in sight. Ok.'

Ren noticed.

Carefully, he slithered out of the clearing.

Cold eyes stared at him from within the tree line.

Ren reached the riverbank.

'I am not putting my body in there… that would be stupid.'

Ren still had painful memories of battle with the Lotad. He would not be as careless.

His body was not suited for underwater fights.

Fighting pokemon in the water would put him in an extremely disadvantageous position.

It was best to be safe.

Ren stared into the water, observing any possible disturbances or hiding pokemon.

His vision fell on his own body.

He could tell that the width of his body had once again grown to about 5cm.

More than that, Ren's attention was directed on his skin.

'A pattern…?'

Swirling tattoos had appeared on his skin. They were of a pure white shade and they covered his upper head

Ren was confused.

Was this a side effect of levelling up. Was it a side effect of [Draconic body]?

'Whatever… it looks cool'

It did not seem to cause him any problems so Ren did not concern himself with it.

Ren dipped his tail into the water, quickly washing of the black grime.

'I'd say that this shit were the impurities in my body' Ren concluded.

His level up had allowed him to expel this waste.

Ren continued washing of his body, one part at a time.

Eventually, he dipped his head into the water for a second, washing the last bits of grime off.

'Finally clean…'

The clean feeling was comforting. Even though he had turned into an Ekans, his human desire for hygiene remained.

*Shriek*

Ren's head suddenly raised.

What was that?

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys,

I will explain the measurements.

Note:

30-31cm = 1 foot

1 meter = 3 1/3 feet (approximately)

Normal Ekans length at level 5  = (10 + 10 + 10) + (20 + 20) + (30 + 30) +(40 + 40) + (50 + 50) = 310cm

Note this is at maturity. Level 5 = maturity (adult)

As for what comes after this? It will be explored later.

Ren with Limit Breaker = (10 + 10+ 10 + 1) + (20 + 20 + 20) + (30 + 30 + 30) + (40 + 40+ 40) + (50 + 50 + 50) = 450cm

Ren with Limit Breaker + Draconic Body = ?

I will decide this. It will be reasonable and there will be clear progression.

Also, so far the story has just been level up, occasional training and some character development.

Within the next 15-30 chapters, this world be fleshed out more and the overarcing plot in this arc will be introduced. It will explain most of the questions that you guys have.

If you would like to get access to this earlier, check out my pa treon.

If you guys liked this chapter, remember to favorite it. 

80