Chapter 27: New Life
2.5k 11 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you guys enjoyed this subarc and would like to get access to more chapters, then consider joining my patreon. 

It really helps me out.

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curse those fucking ants…’ 

Ren cursed the ant colony to his very core. 

They had made him this vulnerable, this weak. 

Ren swore that one day he would wipe out all of those ants from the very earth. 

As Ren continued to slither, he encountered white tier level 0 pokemon. 

They had smelled the blood of an injured pokemon and attacked him. 

Even without his spirit, he was able to deal with them easily. His body length was enough for them to hesitate. 

Ren even released [terrorize] once, scaring most of them away.

He had not even bothered consuming their flesh. 

They no longer provided him with any substantial bioenergy. 

Ren’s body became more and more exhausted. 

His eyes searched the surroundings. 

‘There.’ 

Ren decided. 

To his right, there lay a large oak tree, more than 5 meters thick and tens of meters tall. 

What caught his eye was not the tree itself but the hole etched into the tree. 

Ren used his last drops of spirit to accelerate up the tree and into the hole. 

His body fell into the hole. 

‘It’s deep…’ 

Ren’s body fell about two meters, before hitting the bottom of the hole. 

*Thud* 

He could feel the warm feeling of the wood underneath him. 

‘Time to sleep…’ Ren thought as he entered a deep sleep. 

Ants scoured the forest looking for any traces of him. 

***

Ren’s eyes opened suddenly. 

His body creaked and his bones cracked. 

 

Sunlight shone in from the hole in the tree. 

‘How long was I out…?’ Ren asked the system

[Calculating… 14 hours] 

‘I went to the sleep in the evening of yesterday. 14 hours means that I slept until morning.’ Ren concluded, approximating the time of day. 

He observed his body condition.

His wounds from the previous day had all but disappeared. 

‘Tattoos…’ 

He could see the same white swirls that he had seen when he had looked at his reflection in the water covering the regions that had previously been wounded. 

The swirls started moving and retreated back to his head. 

‘Is this one of the effects of [Draconic body] and my new race?’ Ren pondered.

His increased regeneration would definitely increase his ability to survive. 

Ren used accelerate to jump out of the tree hole and onto the ground. 

He could feel the cold soil against the bottom of his body. 

‘Did it rain last night?’ 

He did not start moving in search of pokemon. 

‘I have to first explore my spirit…’ 

In the battle that he had previously had with the ants, his spirit usage was inefficient, mainly because he had not practiced using long-range attacks. 

Rn wanted to first master and explore long-range attacks before moving on.

‘First a needle…’ 

Ren manifested a simple, sharp 30 cm needle on top of his body. 

‘First is spin…’ 

Just like with the lance, he gave the needle spin. 

He then willed it forward.

The spear shot forward through the air and after moving 3 meters away from, it slowly dissipated into the air.

It was just like in the battle against the blue tier ants

‘It ran out of energy…’ Ren concluded.

The needles were a construct made of aura. Eventually the aura inside of them would run out. 

‘So why do the needles not dissipate when they are close to me?’ Ren questioned. 

Once again, he manifested a needle in front of himself. 

This time he did not do anything to the needle but just let it sit above him. 

He observed the needle closely. 

‘This…’ 

Every so often, aura would be transferred from his body to the needle, allowing it to maintain its shape and preventing it from dissipating.

That was how it worked. 

Within a 3-meter radius of his main body, aura could be transferred to the needle. Past this point, the needle would continue to loose energy, eventually dissipating.

Ren faced another problem. 

‘How do I increase my range…?’ Ren wondered. 

Was it something that naturally grew as his body grew? Was there some method to increase it? 

Ren did not currently have any method. 

He had to improvise.

Ren activated his spirit and manifested a needle in front of him. 

‘Compression…’ 

He wanted to try something. He wanted to compress spirit into a smaller amount of space. 

Ren took the 30cm needle and compressed it. Slowly, the aura gathered together. The bonds between the aura grew stronger as the needle shrunk. 

The needle was now 20cm long, yet it contained a greater amount of aura. 

‘Let us try it now…’ 

He had manifested a 20cm needle with a 30cm needle worth of aura within it.

Ren propelled the needle forward. 

This time, the needle passed the 3 meters range comfortably. 

‘Nearly 4 meters…’ 

The needle lodged itself into a tree more than 3.5 meters away from him, piercing deep into the tree.

Splinters few everywhere. 

‘This power…’ 

Ren was elated. Not only had the range of the needle improved, its speed and power had also improved. 

[Ding! You have gained the skill ‘Spirit Compression’! Your Spirit has increased!] 

The messages of the system went off in his head.

‘A new skill?’ 

He had not gotten a new skill in days. Now he had suddenly gotten one. 

‘[Compression]…’ 

Ren’s mind thought about. 

Possibilities rushed through his head.

‘What happens when I take this skill to the limit?’

If the power and speed of the needles increased when he compressed aura, then what would happen if he compressed it more?

Was there even a limit? What power levels could he reach? 

Of course, that was far off goal. He would first have to increase his [spirit manipulation] ability, spirit capacity and [spirit compression] abilities.

Ren was elated. 

He had another powerful weapon.

While he now had a method of projecting Aura further away from him, he could only freely control aura constructs within a 3-meter radius from him. 

‘For instance…’ 

Ren’s aura one again activated. His spirit reserved pumped out spirit, forming 3 identical looking shields in front of him. 

Ren willed the shields to circle around him. 

Gradually the shields began moving. 

Ren began to move forward. The shields followed him. 

This was the true meaning of manipulation. 

The ability to use aura in a variety of different situations. 

His [Spirit Manipulation] skill percentages increased.

‘Spirit… the possibilities are endless…’ 

Originally, he had thought that Red aura was useless. Compared to yellow Aura and green aura it gave its user far less advantages in the beginnings. 

However, as time went on and the user mastered the use of their aura, they would gradually become more and more versatile, able to adapt their abilities to a variety of situations. 

Ren glanced at the sun. 

He was going to put his new skills to the test.


Hey guys, 

End of Second subarc. 

Tell me what you think  in the comments. 

Was it to slow? To Fast? Too many battles?

Also, don't forget to favorite this chapter and review (if you have enough time). 

Thanks TeaDragon1

69