Yun Tian, Shen Yu, Yun Peng, Liu Qing; A Family
525 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this world a lot of things are determined by your starting point. However, this isn’t some ironclad rule as your own decisions are what matter most in the end. A single decision could change your entire life’s fate.

Someone rich could give away all they own. Someone poor could work their way up. Someone weak could become stronger.

Sometimes though, even your own decisions don’t matter. Sometimes, no matter what you do you can’t change your fate.

 

One stormy night, Yun Peng was waiting near the door for his wife to come home. He was sitting on a chair with his sleeping one year old son in his arms.

He was a slightly buff middle aged man who was tall and slightly handsome, but if you just judged him from his height and muscles he would be an imposing figure. However, if you looked at the expression he wore while looking at the child in his arms and sometimes the nearby door, you would only feel a sense of heartwarming and care.

He had already been waiting for a few hours as he didn’t know exactly when his wife would arrive but he didn’t mind in the least.

Suddenly, he looked to the door and a bright smile appeared on his face.

The next moment, the door opened wide and a woman entered. It was pouring rain out there but as she came in neither her or her brown robe had any moisture on them.

She wasn’t too outstanding in appearance and was middle aged but she still appeared young looking like she was twenty eight at most. She had brown hair and a fit body.

She wasn’t what caught Yun Peng’s attention though, it was instead on the two year old child currently within her arms.

He had gotten up and was about to welcome her when he noticed her brown eyes looking downward and her face was infused with a touch of motherly care and worry. That was when he noticed that within her arms was a girl no older than two years old. Her clothes could be described as rags at best but they couldn’t hide her silky black hair, piercing blue eyes, or extremely cute features.

Yun Peng immediately questioned, “Honey, who is this child?”

Liu Qing looked at her husband and said, “This child’s name will be Shen Yu. We are going to raise her. She can be Little Tian’s maid or even wife in the future.”

As she said this, the little girl in her arms was looking around at everything with eyes filled with curiosity. Suddenly her gaze landed on the sleeping Yun Tian within Yun Peng’s arms. After that her gaze did not budge an inch. For some reason after her gaze landed on him it stayed there for a while.

Not paying attention to the child though, Yun Peng was only focused on talking to his wife and figuring out what was going on.

“Honey, what happened?”

Liu Qing responded a little distraught, “I saw her on the streets completely abandoned with a note saying, ‘Please take care of her.’ I couldn’t just leave her there.”

Yun Peng only sighed at how caring his wife was and said, “Honey, you know you can’t help everyone you see.”

Liu Qing tensed thinking she would have to argue against her husband, but before she could say anything Yun Peng put an arm around her and said, “However I think it's a great idea. It's like we have our own little girl too now. You don’t have to go through being pregnant once more.”

With that Liu Qing was stunned before she immediately gave her husband a peck on the cheek. At the same time, the little girl in her arms reached out for the little boy within Yun Peng’s.

They settled in the children before they themselves went to rest.

After this, their lives carried on as normal except the two of them now took care of two children instead of one. A boy named Yun Tian and a girl named Shen Yu.

Slowly, both Yun Tian and Shen Yu grew up. Yun Peng and Liu Qing always entertained the two of them and slowly taught them new things. They basically treated Shen Yu the same as Yun Tian, as if she was their own child that Liu Qing had given birth to.

Liu Qing and Yun Peng were both Elders in the Yun clan allowing them to live decent lives and not have to worry about much. The only time they couldn’t be with their kids was when one of them went on the rare long trips to do something for the clan or when they had to perform one of their few tasks within the clan.

Above all though, with their status they were able to provide very well for their kids. This also included learning materials and other things.

So, when it came to educating Yun Tian and Shen Yu, they were able to spend a lot of time doing it with resources that other children in town didn’t have. They would borrow the clan’s books and read through them with Yun Tian and Shen Yu. They learned together and while Shen Yu was a year older than Yun Tian, it turned out that Yun Tian was in fact extremely intelligent so he learned to speak and how to do things very quickly, even faster than Shen Yu.

With how fast he learned things, it very quickly became as if he was older than Shen Yu. It was as if he was her older brother and she was the younger sibling.

Liu Qing and Yun Peng spent most of their time each day filled with joy as they raised Yun Tian and Shen Yu. Yun Tian and Shen Yu grew up being constantly warmed by the love of their parents. There was also the great awe their parents felt and constant praise they gave as they watched how quickly Yun Tian learned things. His parents also made sure Shen Yu never felt bad for learning slower and always encouraged her. Despite being so young, Yun Tian also helped with this and his fast speed of learning only helped Shen Yu try to learn faster too.

As he grew up Yun Tian only loved his parents and Shen Yu more and more. He also slowly doted on Shen Yu a little more each day as his intelligence and things he learned slowly outclassed her a little more each day. His parents didn’t hinder his learning after all and only helped to speed up his learning the best they could. They did all they could, especially when they saw the many happy expressions he made while learning new things.

He grew up very quickly under the caring upbringing from his parents and his own intelligence. No matter what though, he never got bored or anything of the sort even though he spent basically every second of every day with his family. He loved every second he spent with his parents and Shen Yu. It was to the point where he and Shen Yu became inseparable even as they grew.

12