Separating? Facing The Beasts
165 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Yu finished her session of cultivation not long after he finished the qi gathering pills. She stood up and was about to call out to him, but Yun Tian said something first.

He opened his eyes right before she could speak and said, "Listen Yu’er, we need to talk. I'm sure that you also want to avenge our parents, but right now we are too weak. Before I broke through, us staying together didn't matter as much since we were both too weak and couldn’t do much, but now that I have broken through I plan on growing stronger as fast as possible and that means getting resources as fast as possible.

“The only way I know to get resources is by killing beasts and selling their parts for resources. Wild beasts weren't a problem since I was much stronger than them. Now though, I plan on hunting demonic beasts and they are much stronger than Wild beasts. There is no way for me to hunt them while also watching out for you. So I think that you should just leave revenge to me and just cultivate peacefully. I will find a place for you to stay and will visit occasionally. After I get revenge we can reunite and live together again."

Shen Yu was absolutely stunned after hearing his words. She could tell it wasn’t something he said on the spur of the moment and was well thought out.

She thought, ‘Tian is probably right. He should be able to grow stronger extremely fast. I will probably just be a hindrance.’

Even though she thought that, she couldn't help saying, "But Tian I want to help you. I don't want to just sit and do nothing while you fight to get revenge. I know you just want to protect me, but I also want to protect you."

After she said that she also thought, 'I also just don't want you to leave me. I can’t lose you too. I don’t want to be alone. Don’t leave me!'

Yun Tian quickly replied, "I know that Xiao Yu, but I plan on hunting demonic beasts in the wild and it will be extremely dangerous. They are as strong as Dantian Building Realm experts and I don't know if I will be able to guarantee my own safety let alone yours. If you are with me it could just make things more dangerous for me."

Shen Yu went closer and grabbed his hand as she begged, "Please Dage! At least let me come with! I can deal with smaller things like readying meals, killing wild beasts, and I can also watch over you while you rest. I promise I won't try to fight any demonic beasts with you."

Yun Tian looked at her pleading expression and could not bear to turn her away so he said, "Fine you can come with me, but you have to promise me that you will always be safe. Demonic beasts should only appear deep in the forests so I will always leave you not far in. Still, the wilds are the wilds, if it looks like I might die you must promise me that you will run away and live on. No stepping in and trying to help me.”

Without stopping, he looked deep into her eyes and continued solemnly, “If I die I don't want you dying too. You just have to live on and if I do die to someone or something don't bother about revenge or anything like that and just live a peaceful life after that. I just want one of us to live on. If you can't do that for me, do it for Mom and Dad. Think about what they would want. They wouldn't want us both dying for no reason. If something happens, at least you must live. Promise me all that."

After he finished, Shen Yu’s gaping stunned expression disappeared and changed into one of fear and sadness as she hugged him and started crying, "Brother you're not going to die right!? If you think that those demonic beasts are that strong we can just forget about them and hunt wild beasts and slowly get resources that way. If you want, you can just sit here and cultivate even. We can just cultivate slowly or even forget about revenge. I do want revenge, but what I care about most is that you stay alive!"

Yun Tian quickly reassured her, "Xiao Yu don't worry I was just talking about worst case scenarios. I will be as careful as possible. I don't think anything will happen, especially since my strength should be above average, but you must agree to what I asked just in case."

Yun Tian thought, 'Especially if you come with me I will be even more careful to make sure nothing happens.'

Shen Yu said, "Fine I promise, but only if you promise not to do anything too dangerous. Just like you said mom and dad would not want us to die for no reason."

He quickly replied, "I promise I will only take risks if I know I am capable of them."

Shen Yu recovered slightly as she let go of him, but she was a little down and her tone was filled with a little dissatisfaction as she said, "That’s not what I meant.”

Yun Tian just flashed an innocent smile. He had promised what he could. He wouldn't lie to her by giving empty promises.

Shen Yu had a slight urge to punch him, but she held it in and her emotions calmed somewhat as she hugged him once more. She let go after a few seconds and said as if making a vow, “You will be safe. You will get all the resources you need to become stronger.”

Yun Tian was touched at her belief in him but she didn’t allow him to reply as she immediately continued, “Now that that is decided when are we leaving and where are we going."

Yun Tian said, "I should be able to handle the weaker demonic beasts that are around the same level of strength as early Dantian Building experts and the city that ‘that clan’ is based in should be pretty far from here so I planned on hunting in the wilderness around Nanyuan town first. You know my fighting skill and above average strength when I was in the Meridian Opening Realm. I hope to also get a good estimate of my strength. So we are going to leave right now and we don't need to prepare that many things."

Shen Yu said happily, "Okay that's great, let's get going and I will show you how useful I can be. I won't be dead weight."

Yun Tian replied like he had been accused of a crime, "I never said that you were dead weight. I am just worried about your safety."

Shen Yu replied as she walked out the door, "I know you never explicitly said it, but you were thinking it and implied it with what you were saying."

Even though Yun Tian was stronger than her and she usually treated him like he was her older brother Yun Tian remembered how scary she could get when mad so he didn't want to anger her.

He quickly caught up and said, "Xiao Yu, you would never be dead weight to me. I am just worried I wouldn't be strong enough to protect you. I love you so much you know that. Don't be mad."

Shen Yu turned around and hugged him saying "I know. I love you too and just want you to be safe. I am not mad, I just want you to let me help you. Even if I can’t help you fight, I at least want to be by your side and support you."

While saying that she thought, 'I love you much more than you know in fact and I would do anything for you so even if you tell me to run I never will. If you die I will too. Especially now that it's just us alone in this world. I never want to leave your side.'

After Yun Tian and Shen Yu finished talking they left the inn and went into the wilderness.

Before Yun Tian started hunting demonic beasts he wanted to see how much his strength had grown so they first went into a nearby region that was populated by wild beasts to measure his strength.

Shen Yu wasn't a sheltered princess, she also had been trained by their parents and knew skills. She was training in the same skills as him and her comprehension was in the Mastering Form level. She wasn't as talented as Yun Tian, but she trained hard too. So even though Yun Tian had to slow his speed to the same speed as Shen Yu they weren't slow and travelled very quickly.

While travelling Yun noticed that his senses had become much sharper and he was amazed by how little effort he had to put in to travel at this speed. He thought, 'My max speed while not limiting myself should be much greater than it used to be. Especially now that I broke through I should be able to master my skills much easier now and should be able to express their full might. Also my senses have increased dramatically. I know breaking through would increase my senses, but I don't think it should be this much. It is almost as if I can sense things nearby. I think this has something to do with us Yun Tians fusing.'

They very quickly reached far enough into the wilderness for wild beasts to start appearing. If they were close to the city the beasts would be killed so they learned over time to stay far enough away.

Once they made it this far they stopped. Yun Tian said, "I know how we usually hunt but now that I have broken through, wild beasts should pose absolutely no threat to me so I'm going to hunt them differently."

Usually Yun Tian and Shen Yu would take complete advantage of their skills by sneaking up on wild beasts and killing them in one swift stroke, but now Yun Tian is purely testing his strength and is now too strong for the wild beasts.

Shen Yu said, "Okay Dage I know you must be super strong now so this should be easy for you. I can't wait to see how much stronger you've grown."

Yun Tian thought happily, 'That girl always believes in me and thinks that I'm the greatest there is so I can't let her down and have to show her how strong I am to give her encouragement to improve herself.'

These were the thoughts running through Yun Tian's head but in reality he was just happy hearing her compliment him.

Usually they would be extremely stealthy and move without making any noise but now they didn't care about making noise and just walked ahead looking for the tracks of a wild beast or to find an actual wild beast.

They walked for a few minutes following the tracks of a beast until they found it in a small clearing. It was a tiger with teeth that looked much sharper than normal and was larger than a normal one. The energy it gave off was extremely menacing too. It was resting on a rock in the clearing eating what looked like the carcass of another wild beast.

When he saw Yun Tian thought, 'Lucky, this thing looks like it is at the very peak of the wild beast realm and tigers are pretty strong in general so I should be able to test my strength against it.'

He said to Shen Yu, "Xiao Yu, let me show you how strong I have become."

After that Yun Tian casually walked up to the tiger and yelled at it. "Tiger get down here and fight."

The tiger responded with a roar and leaped down from the rock. It was that someone was both interrupting it's mealtime and that someone was challenging it. That didn't mean the tiger was stupid though. If someone was out here in the wilderness and was just blatantly challenging it they must be confident in their own strength. So the tiger first inspected Yun Tian, but it couldn't tell how strong he was so the tiger just leaped at him trying to kill him.

Yun Tian was confident in his new strength but he didn't want to be too arrogant so he employed his movement skill Fleeting Steps and dodged behind it. When he used the skill he noticed that he was much faster than the tiger. When he dodged the tiger could only barely see him. It could only tell that he dodged behind it well after he was already using his Cloud Palm to kill it. Just like that it was dead with its heart smashed by his palm.

Shen Yu stared at him with her mouth agape after what she had just witnessed. At first she thought he would be able to defeat it after a little difficulty, but by the time she noticed the tiger was already dead only a few moments had passed. She was stunned and realized just how strong he had become.

So Shen Yu cheered, "Dage You are awesome! So strong! Beasts are nothing in front of you! Let's go kill some demonic beasts. I bet you can do it easily."

Shen Yu wasn't the only one shocked. Yun Tian himself was also shocked he thought, 'I did not think it would be that easy. Have I really become this strong?.'

Then he thought, 'I guess it makes sense. I was stuck without breaking through for a while so I have accumulated strength. Plus I can fully use my skills now that I am in the realm they are meant for. Before I had reached Grasping Spirit but I couldn't actually exhibit the full strength of the skills without enough qi to support them. Now though the skills are much easier to use and I have high comprehension in them. If I train in some battles with them I might be able to reach Complete Mastery with them.

‘There is also the fact that my body is special and I have always been stronger than those in the same cultivation layer. With all this added up it makes sense I am this strong. Now I have some confidence in killing demonic beasts. I can't wait to test my strength against the demonic beasts and then grow even stronger.'

Announcement
Please read more on nascentnovels.net
for the more edited version of the future chapters
5