Recovery Before Leaving
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Yu praised Yun Tian for a while and Yun Tian smiled while listening to her. She continued on for so long though that Yun Tian had to cut her off. They had things to do. 

“Yes, yes. I am the greatest, but you are the cutest. No only that, you are my favorite person in the whole world. Who cares about my strength when they all kneel to your cute face.”

He said this while rubbing her head. Even though he cut her off he didn’t appear in a rush either once her cuteness got the best of him.

Her face lit up with a smile at him complimenting her and patting her head. All that was missing was a cat’s purr to go with her expression full of bliss.

Then, she reluctantly got off of him and said: “Alright, why don’t you recover your qi while I cultivate.”

Yun Tian nodded and Shen Yu sat down and started to cultivate.

He looked at her with his face still sporting a smile as he thought about their exchange just now . She liked him praising her and he liked her praising him. Not only that, he also liked rubbing her head and the expressions she made while he did it.

He was absorbed thinking about her cuteness for a while, but he soon shook his happy thoughts away to focus on recovering.

He got in good posture and started to draw in the qi around him. He could recover faster by swallowing pills or using a demonic core, but he didn’t want to waste them on recovering his qi.

He needed those to increase his cultivation or for Bolin and the wolves.

He started to draw in the qi and he was amazed at just how much qi was being drawn into his body. It was basically gushing into him.

His sensitivity to qi around him and his ability to absorb it had drastically increased with each of his breakthroughs. Even if he didn’t have any other resources and was just cultivating in a cave somewhere, he could still make progress based on his ability to absorb the qi of the world.

He realized this and his thoughts were: ‘While my speed of absorbing qi has indeed increased, it is still much faster to use resources to cultivate. I can absorb qi fast, but I also require an extremely large amount of it for my cultivation.’

That was what he thought about his new cultivation speed. It was too slow. He didn’t want to take a slower path even if there was one. While hunting for resources may be dangerous, it was faster and he actually had started to enjoy these battles.

‘Besides, If I just sit in a cave cultivating, I wouldn’t get experience from all these fights. I am starting to have a vague feeling that what I learn from skills may be of great importance in the future. At least I can still cultivate even if I don’t have any resources.’

With that he continued to absorb qi at a fast pace. It was then distributed between both his dantian and demonic core.

It took a good thirty minutes, but he eventually filled back up his qi reserves. He looked inward and noticed that the total amount in both his demonic core and dantian had even slightly grown.

‘It seems that besides regular cultivation, battles are also good for growth.’

Now that he was ready, he let out a breath and opened his eyes. Shen Yu was still cultivating so he called out to her gently.

“Shen Yu?”

She opened her eyes and asked, “Are you ready?”

Yun Tian nodded his head and got up. Then he said, “come on over here then.”

Shen Yu walked closer, but was confused about why she was coming closer so she asked, “Why?”

Yun Tian explained, “There are the wolves around town remember? I need to carry you so we can be safer. My stealth ability is much greater than yours. It’s also faster for me to carry you.”

With that Shen Yu said, “Okay fine,” like she was reluctant. In truth she was actually happy to be carried by him again.

He picked her up and held her with one arm again saying: “I need to be able to use one arm just in case.”

Shen Yu nodded and then just basked in the moment. While she wasn’t being princess carried, she still was happy. She was also a lot closer while hanging on to him this way.

Yun Tian hadn’t thought about this before as they were in danger, but now that she was holding on to him like this, he couldn’t help but have his thoughts go astray and think about how cute and soft her body was. He quickly cooled down so she wouldn’t notice though.

He got his head back on track and then hopped off the building. He began to use fleeting steps and traversed the edge of town.

He then explained to Shen Yu why he was doing this.

“The majority of the wolves are near the gate with the path back to the clan. My plan was to leave from another side and then cut through the forest around the wolves. After that we would head back to the path. While I may not be afraid of even a peak dantian building expert, numbers can still overwhelm me. Demonic beasts are usually quite strong too. Is that fine with you Shen Yu?”

She merely answered, “Whatever you think is right is fine. I also agree with your plan though. It’s right to be safe.”

With that he made it to another side of the town and then leapt to the top of the wall. All the while not letting anybody notice him.

At the top of the wall he tried to use his senses to see if he could notice anything outside town. He wasn’t at any one of the gates so there was no path leading elsewhere here. The trees outside the town wall were removed, but he could still leap to the closest one quite easily.

2