Combining Strengths
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After what Yun Tian said, Bolin stopped caring about early stage demonic beasts as much and only went after their trails if there were multiple of them grouped together.

He led Yun Tian and the wolves throughout the trees to find prey. It turned out to be their most prosperous hunt yet. Yun Tian’s superior strength combined with the wolves’ excellent tracking ability allowed them to hunt extremely efficiently.

They hunted many groups of early stage demonic beasts and even groups of mid stage demonic beats they would have avoided the last time Bolin went to hunt with Yun Tian.

At one point they found a group of three mid stage demonic panthers. Yun Tian was about to go take them down himself, but Bolin stopped him and motioned that they would take down one of them.

Yun Tian thought it was fine for them to get some practice fighting as he knew they could handle it. At the very least, he knew they would not die.

So he was not worried and just nodded. Then, he took off towards the panthers. He used his greatest speed and quickly appeared near them already swinging his sword toward one of the panthers.

Even though he trusted the wolves, he wanted to take his targets down fast so as to help them if needed.

The panthers were not weak though and they quickly reacted to Yun Tian coming after one of them. Even though they tried to react in time, Yun Tian was just too fast and came out of nowhere with a surprise attack. The panther attempted to dodge, but Yun Tian was just too fast and managed to cut it’s head right off.

The other two panthers naturally did not sit by and watch, as they knew they would be next if they did nothing. Yun Tian’s strength scared them, but they also witnessed his great speed and knew they could not outrun him.

They did attempt to defend their companion initially, but they could not keep up with Yun Tian’s speed and failed. So, all they could try to do was attack him now while he was busy killing their companion.

Yun Tian also had backup though. Bolin came out of the trees baring his fangs at one of the panthers. Even as a mid stage demonic beast, the panther could not let Bolin’s attack hit him head on so he changed from attacking Yun Tian to trying to defend himself.

Still, he had been greatly distracted by Yun Tian and Bolin managed to cause a large wound on the beast's side.

The panther was thoroughly incensed and chased after Bolin. He did not have to chase far though, as Bolin had stopped to turn towards the panther after his attack. He spat out the tissue he had torn off and got ready to defend himself.

Bolin was not worried even though he had lost the element of surprise now.

As the panther attempted to lunge at Bolin, three more wolves came out of the trees attacking it.

The panther was evidently more alert this time though. This combined with the fact that the other wolves were a little weaker than Bolin, allowed the panther to dodge their attacks.

While it was able to dodge their attacks, Bolin did not miss the opportunity and went for his own attack. He lunged forward and this time he managed to go after one of the panther’s legs.

He did not manage to tear it off, but he greatly wounded its leg severely limiting its agility.

On Yun Tian’s side, after he finished off the first panther he managed to deflect the second panther’s attack by a narrow margin and was just fine. After that, with his strength and speed there was nothing the panther could do. He quickly wrapped up his fight with the second panther’s head falling down to the ground.

Then, he continued to watch the wolves’ fight against the last panther. That’s right, he had been watching the entire time even while fighting his own opponent. He was ready to provide help anytime they needed.

He was relieved to see that they were doing just fine though. It also appeared that they would not even need to exhaust their opponent down through a long fight and instead would soon kill it.

After the Bolin hurt its leg, with the panther’s impaired ability to dodge, it had a hard time dealing with attacks from the four wolves at the same time even if it could see them coming.

It tried its best, but with the four wolves constantly circling around it and attacking nonstop, injuries quickly piled up.

It appeared that the three wolves were about to go in for the kill finally though. They attacked the panther together from the front. The panther did its best to defend himself and it seemed it had succeeded in fending off the three wolves when Bolin came from behind it. He came leaping through the air and managed to pin it down to the ground where he snapped its neck.

It was still not dead however as demonic beasts had a strong life force. As It was now, on the ground covered in blood and injuries, it would either take a while to die or manage to recover. It would be up to fate with how grievous its injuries were.

That is if they didn’t kill it right now.

Yun Tian had stored the other two panthers' bodies and was already walking over.

He finished the job by cutting off the panther’s head, killing it completely.

He put away the corpse and asked, “Continue?”

Bolin’s eyes still burned with fire from just having experienced a thrilling battle against a strong opponent. He had no intention of going back to rest yet.

He went back into the forest to search for more prey while the wolves followed behind. Yun Tian smiled and wondered if he had that same look in his eyes while fighting.

Announcement
Hey guys, thank you all for reading. I will be putting up a P.A.T.R.E.O.N in the next two days. I will be putting the link at the end of a chapter just like this.
I would greatly, greatly appreciate it if you guys would come check it out when I do. This is especially so since my birthday happens to be on the 21st.
Also, don't worry about chapters ever being late again. I now have multiple chapters ready ahead of time and will continue to increase my stock. Once I have enough, I might start to release multiple a day.
2