Golden Card’s Meaning
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Tian was thinking about his insights into this old man, while the first thing the old man did upon reaching this floor was only to continue looking at Yun Tian and size him up. After the old man had laid eyes on Yun Tian, the old man’s gaze had never left him, completely ignoring everyone else. The light within the old man’s eyes as he inspected Yun Tian’s seemingly young and weak but confidence filled figure was curious and somewhat serious.

Elder Li wasn’t able to sense anything from Yun Tian, but this old man could. Yun Tian had gotten even stronger after his recent breakthrough and the dangerous feeling he gave the old man was quite intense.

He was stronger than the others Yun Tian had seen before and he also had better senses. But this also meant he could sense Yun Tian’s great strength better than anyone he had met before.

However, as he saw the golden card still held in Yun Tian’s hand, he grew calm once again as he slowly walked closer with his cane’s help while the room was completely silent. Except for the slight creaking of the floor and the sound of the cane hitting the floor, no other sound was heard until the old man got close to Yun Tian and asked, “Can I take a closer look at the card in your hand?”

Yun Tian’s patience had returned since Bolin was no longer in a dire state. He was fine with doing what they asked and being a little slower now. So, he had waited calmly for the old man and even held out the card now while saying: “Go ahead,” with no more intentions of being impatient. After all, they had already been plenty accommodating to him and Bolin’s life was no longer in jeopardy.

The old man slowly took the card and then inspected the side that said Spirit Market before turning it to the other side. He even appeared like a normal slow old man doing his best to inspect a trinket with his old age making him trudge along with great difficulty. That is until he out came his qi which he poured into the card causing the characters for Wu Bai slowly appear on the seemingly blank side of the golden card.

Everyone around was amazed to see characters seemingly appear out of nowhere on the card. So was Yun Tian at first, but when he thought about the sword he had, the spatial bags, and everything else he had seen so far, he realized it was nothing special.

After seeing the characters, the Old man’s eyes brightened along with a smile appearing on his face. Instantly, joy burst out in his heart as he thought, ‘Wu Bai! He has good judgement. If it's his judgement I am sure this kid is trustworthy and worth it.’

He returned the card to Yun Tian’s hand as he exclaimed, “So you got this from Wu Bai huh. If that stingy guy gave you this then you must really be something.”

He continued, “Oh, I forgot. Let me introduce myself first. My name is Luo Tai. You can just call me fellow Tai or anything you like.”

Although his words may have seemed like he had said them offhandedly and that they didn’t mean much, they caused the eyes of everyone except for Yun Tian to nearly burst out of their sockets.

While the experts there had seen everything Yun Tian had done so far, they were still more amazed to see this grand figure of the Spirit Market treat him with so much respect. Yun Tian didn’t know who Luo Tai was, but as natives of this town they all knew of Grand Elder Luo Tai of the Spirit Market.

He was one of the very best alchemists in town and the surrounding regions. Besides that, his cultivation was very high and his strength was even higher. Besides that he was also very old and with age comes experience which made everyone respect him even more.

Yun Tian put away the card and replied, “My name is Yun Tian. I was told I could buy some more rejuvenation pills after showing that card.”

Lou Tai didn’t feel offended by his bluntness as Elder Li had explained the situation to him beforehand. So, he only said, “Yes you can. The price is normally one peak stage demonic core for two top spirit grade rejuvenation pills, however we only have three top spirit grade rejuvenation pills. If you are willing to buy the three with two peak stage demonic cores, I will throw in some top grade qi gathering pills.”

At the same time he said this, Luo Tai was curiously wondering about Yun Tian in his own mind and thinking the wolf behind him was extremely lucky to follow this great character.

However, he did not speak any of his thoughts because of what he felt from Yun Tian and the gold card. Yun Tian might not know what it represented, but he did. If you had one it meant you had the favor of someone from the Spirit Market and the card you could get varied depending on the issuer’s ability and how much they valued you.

Usually, it also meant their relationship with the person was decent, which meant that person’s relationship with the Spirit Market was good. So, he did not feel the need to question Yun Tian’s identity and possibly sour their relationship.

After Luo Tai stated the price, Yun Tian took out two peak stage demonic cores right away without a second of hesitation causing the heartbeats of everyone to speed up and the way they looked at Yun Tian changed completely, especially those not at the peak stage dantain building realm. After all, they could not feel anything from Yun Tian and had no idea how strong he was.

As he held the core, they realized it could mean that Yun Tian was greatly stronger than each of them. The late stage cores could be obtained through a group effort with late stage experts, but the peak stage core could only be obtained by peak stage experts. His confidence in bringing it out here made them all wary.

1