Watching Love
167 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn’t think much of the two children that had always played around it. After all, many had done the same before them. All the tree wanted to do was bask in the warmth of sunlight and rest, as it had always done for decades.

 

At first, the tree didn’t pay much attention to them, it just watched as they showed up every day. They sat under its shade, conversing over every tiny detail of their lives. They both shared in joy and laughter, leaving the tree to relax from their content. The seasons continued on and tree watched the humans grow closer. Not a care in the world, at least, not until the girl had to leave.

 

That day was a deeply saddening event for both the children and even the tree. When they had came to tree that morning the girl revealed that she would be moving away. With tears in their eyes they sat down one more time and started talking about her departure.

 

Eventually it came time for the girl to leave however, not before she made a promise with the young boy. The promise was for them to meet up again, one day, at the tree. And with the promise completed, she waved the boy goodbye and ran off while the boy waved back, tears running out from his eyes.

 

Every day after that the boy came and sat down next to the tree, waiting for her fateful return. However, those days of waiting eventually turned into weeks, then months and then finally years.

 

With time passing by the tree silently watched as the boy grew older, watching him grow himself into a fully fledged adult. While the boy or the “man” was an adult and had the responsibilities of one he still came to the tree every day, waiting.

 

Soon, on the tenth anniversary of their parting, the tree could see the man restlessly pacing over its roots. The tree curiously watched the man, wondering why he was so agitated. It didn’t take the tree long to find out why.

 

She had returned.

 

Their reunion was met with tears, both unable to hide the joy in their eyes. When they had finally settled down, they started discussing on what had happened after they had last seen each other.

 

Their discussion had lasted for a long, so long in fact that before either knew it the sun had already set and it was pitch black. With it already being as late as it was they reluctantly agreed that they should leave the rest of their discussion until tomorrow. After tomorrow came however, the girl revealed something completely unexpected to the boy. She was going to be moving back!

 

The man was caught completely off guard from what she had said but after a few seconds he had caught up. Bursting out in joy, he questioned the girl if she would really be moving back while the girl just giggled and replied with a simple nod.

 

Some years later, the boy would return the same joy and happiness she gave him with some very special words and a beautiful ring. Even to a simple tree the actions of the man seemed to have held so much power. Perhaps they were some sort of enchantment?

 

Well… It had been decades since those words had been said under the tree but it could still remember the exacts words vividly.

 

It was along the lines of  “Will you marry me?”

 

After those powerful and enchanting lines had been spoken it lead to the girl being filled with an intense flurry of emotions. While that was happening though, the tree wondered what those words meant and why they caused such a reaction from the girl.

 

Anyways, ignoring the tree, the couple started arranging where their wedding would be held and what better place than at the tree? They had reunited there and even today it had a special place in their hearts.

 

With the location being quickly decided by them they started setting up the other things and sending out invitations. During this process the tree was extremely excited for the wedding, after all it was it's first time both witnessing a wedding and actually being the location for one.

 

On the day, when the wedding officiant asked them if they would marry the other both responded with a resounding affirmation.

 

Just like any other newly weds their love was seemingly infinite and never ending. Even after years of marriage they still had the same love and passion as if they were still in their first years of love.

 

Sadly, this never ending love wouldn’t last forever. Decades after their wonderful marriage they left… Left for the stars, never to be seen again.

 

Now with this short little story of love over, the tree once more confirmed something. Humans are strange, but while as strange as they might be, they were very beautiful and interesting.

 


Hey there! This is just a small and short little story that I wrote in my free time. If you enjoyed it be however, be sure to rate it! If you didn't enjoy... Well... That's fine! Just it be sure to leave some criticism to let me know how I could make my story better for future readers.


 

7