Prologue
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During a chilly and shivery winter night, a boy kept on running with his whole might as far as he can. At that time he was only able to hear one voice resonating inside his head that was " RUN! RUN FAST! AS YOU CAN". Throughout the run, the boy was breathing pretty heavily as if he was not getting enough air to breathe and after a long time of running.

Gun: Aaa! Aah! I can't run anymore.

And he ran straight into a huge sewage pipe near a construction site to escape from a group of some goons who were following him. He took a huge breath & looked over his blood-covered palms and started to think about events which he experienced and he began asking questions to himself.

Gun: Who were they? Who were those people who came behind me? Why they brutally attacked Uncle Alex & mom? What did they want from us? Why did Uncle Alex tell me to run? And why he was acting like he was protecting me from some kind of danger? If he was protecting me from any sort of dangerous situation as am assuming. What was that danger he was preventing me from?

Rethinking and visualising all those events which he confronted that moment left him way much scared and traumatised. And because of being tired and weak after a long time of the continuous run, he went into deep sleep inside the pipe itself for that night.

In that cold night with fear suppressed inside Gun passed the night there itself, next morning for construction the workers arrived at the site with their tools and other materials. As the work at the site was going at its full pace one of the workers named Martin who was a middle-aged man in the crew came near the pipes to attach the cables to the pipe which has to be lifted by the crane at that time the Martin saw the Gun sleeping inside the pipe. He went near the sleeping Gun inside the pipe. As he reached near Gun he was suffering from high fever and was bluffing in his sleep. The man said in a calm voice.

Martin: Hey kid! Wake up! You are not supposed to sleep in here. It's dangerous in here.

But because of high fever Gun continued bluffing.

Gun: Let me go! Let me go! Mom! Anyone, please help.

Taking his situation and dressing all in view. Martin felt something wrong and he lifted Gun and after putting him over his shoulders he came out of the pipe. Workers who were working near that spot all came running towards Martin and started asking questions which ended being a crowd. And as the site manager Gilbert came for the site inspection he noticed the crowd came to the spot.

Gilbert: What's the problem here? Why all have been crowded here?

Suddenly a worker within the crowd replied to Gilbert questions.

Worker: Sir, one of our mate has found a kid from the pipes which was kept for sewage construction.

Gilbert: Where are they? Especially the kid who he found in the pipe? Is the kid okay?

Worker: I don't know, sir.

Gilbert: All of you guys go back to work! Let the work be continued. There are no reasons to make a crowd here. And the worker who found the kid stay here itself.

Hearing the orders the crowded retreated and gone back to work as instructed. As Gilbert made sure all are back at work he walked towards Martin who was holding the kid and asked.

Gilbert: How is the kid? And who is he? 

Martin: I don't have answers to any of your questions, sir. But I can tell that he is from some nice household and he has suffered some kind of attack.

Gilbert: How can you say that?

Martin: Look at his clothes and wounds. And he was also pleading for help in his sleep when I first saw him in the pipe.

Gilbert: Anyway! What are you planning to do?

Martin: I was planning to do some first aid for him and he is also suffering from high fever. And I was going to lay him in the worker's changing room.

Gilbert: Really! Do you want to? One thing I want to tell you is that if you are sticking to your plans all the consequences are on you only.

Martin: Okay, Sir.

Gilbert: Do as you wish and get back to work as soon as possible.

Martin: Okay, Sir. I will.

After all the talk with Gilbert, Martin took Gun to the changing room and made him lay over a bench there in the room. Then did some first aid for Gun with the basic first aid within the room and left Gun in the room and got back to his work in the construction site.

As Martin rejoined his other comrades in the construction works they all started to advise on the events which took over the construction site. Then suddenly one of Martin's friend named Louis who was working by came near him and started speaking to him doing his work alongside.

Louis: Martin! Now, what are you planning to do with that child?

Martin: Look, Louis. Let him wake up first. Looking at him he is from a good family. Let us ask him and know his part also. Then we will make a decision. What to do? And, we should not?

Louis: Martin, as your friend I want you to not get into any kind of trouble so be careful with this kind of matters. 

Martin: Thanks, man. I will be careful.

Louis: Hmm. Anyway, try to wrap up the things as fast as you can.

Martin: Stay relaxed brother. I will.

Then they continued their work and the time flew away with a great speed and the alarm to wrap for the day rang. 

As the alarm rang, Martin stopped his work and headed towards the changing room where Gun was resting. Martin opened the door slowly at that moment he noticed that Gun has woke up from his sleep. And when Gun saw Martin opening the door because of the fear engraved in his heart and brain at the same time from the previous night, he jumped off from his seat and said with a shiveriness in his voice.

Gun: Don't hurt me, please. Let me go.

Martin: Hey calm down kid. You are safe here. I was the one who took you out of the pipe & made you rest here, morning when I found you you were suffering from high fever. 

Gun: So, are you not with them.

Martin: Who are you talking about?

Gun: The goons who attacked my family and followed me.

Martin: No, do I look like a goon to you?

Gun: No.

Martin: What happened to you and your family last night and why were you inside the pipe which was kept for construction? Can you be more clear?

Gun: Family? Ah! Mom and Uncle Alex! I have to go and save them.

Then suddenly Gun rushes towards the door and runs outside of the changing room. Seeing all these events Martin stood puzzled and when he saw Gun running outside. Martin shouted from Gun's back.

Martin: Hey kid stop there. I will also come with you. Where are you going with this kind of urgency? Hey, stop.

Liked the beginning?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay not that great. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0