Return #1
57 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Commander!”

Hmm I can’t believe it’s been three year.

“Commander!!!”

*Yawn* I hope everyone is doing well.

“Commander!!!!!!”

“Okay Okay I’m getting up don’t be so loud”

“DANCHOU!!!”

Alright that’s it. I got up and dragged the mace that was leaning on the side of my bed toward the front of the tent. Opening up the flap of my tent I spot a short woman saluting in front of me. I grab her by the front of her shirt pulling her inside.*ekk* She made a Yelp as I held her up threatening to hit her with my mace.

“ What seems to be by problem Captain Clara of the 2nd division?” She had a grave look on her face as she responded.

“W-well t-the u-mmm”

“The ummm? Isn’t a good enough reason to wake me up when it is still dark out, so if you would impart the reason for this disturbance. Well I might not use this mace to fix your brain” I said with the purest smile possible.

“G-General Lark would like to see you” She said with a blush on her face and turning her head to the side before adding.” A-And could you put on some clothes?”.

 When she said that realized I was only in my underwear. Quickly putting her down I went to the side of my bed and started to put on my armor and clothes. Making sure everything is on tight I walked out of the tent in a bad mood as I had only gotten a few hours of sleep. The  soldiers that I passed quickly scampered out of my way.

Upon reaching the General’s tent I saluted and said.

”Danchou Noel of 5th divisions special unit here!”

I sighed in my mind at the length of my title. That damn king always has a knack for terrible names.

“Come on in” I heard come from inside. Walking in I see general Lark and Captain Tral looking over a map. Looking at the map myself I see a area marked with a red circle and a silver miniature of a sword in it.

“Danchou Noel I need you and you alone to go to this area as we have just gotten info from our spies that an old food supply house is located there” he said while scratching his scruffy chin.


“What is the occasion? Needing me to go alone? Any captain could wipe out whatever enemies located there”(Noel)

“Well we sent Captain Lqur there, but he came back with heavy wounds and has gone unconscious. Usually we would wait for him to awaken, but our rations are running low.”(Lark)

“Still we could send two or more on instead why me specifically?” This smells fishy although it isn’t the first time this has happened.

“Well I did, but the order came from above you could say” he said with a sigh.

Well...that’s that. What is this the 5th? 6th? Time I swear I’m done with this a soon as I get back to the capital. Taking a glance at the map I see that its south of here in a small valley. Nodding at the General I leave. Taking a pit stop at my tent I grab my sword which is in the shape of a very long Bayonetta knife.

Coming back out I head to the south end of the camp and once I get far enough away I start running at a fast pace, but I could run like this for hours. Dashing past the trees I come across a campfire on the way stopping before reaching it I see some dirt covered  men talking.

——POV Change 3rd person——

Four men covered in dark clothing and dirt sit around a fire talking care free. With a cart to the side holding green wood.

“So they are just up head?”(Man 1)

“Yeah an hour or two”(Man 2)

“Could you two shut it what if a scout or patrol is near by” (man 3)

“ Calm it, we are almost behind them there is no way that they woul-“ 

 A *Crunch* can be heard as one of the men had their head blasted off into pieces. All three jump up and stare at their comrade’s falling body. There eyes moved upward towards the figure behind the body.  A women with green eyes a shining smile and iron like hair stared back.

“Would you like to tell me why your here orrrrrr I can ask you with all of your limbs broken~” The woman asked with a smile that did not match her words.

A *ding* was heard as the tip of her metal boot clinked against the underside of the dead man’s fallen sword.

“You fucker I’m going to kill you!!!” Man 1 pulled out his sword preparing to rush forward. 

*swish*

“Ackkkk” Man 1 now had a sword in his chest and the woman had her leg on the air.

The other two look at each other both deciding the next action. One sprinted into the tree line while the other stayed throwing a greenish blue substance into their mouth.

Man 2 felt his power over flowing. I can win, I can win, I can win, I can win, I can win. We’re his last thoughts as as sword penetrated his eye and brain.

Man 3 actually decided to stay near by to help his friend in his power up state, but quickly regretted it as the fight was already over. Seeing this he had tears coming out of his eyes and decided to take a red liquid before dying instantly to poison.

——Pov Change Noel——

I stood in shock, as they where weak too weak that I didn’t hold back enough and had ended up killing them. Sighing I looked over at the green wood. Giving it a whiff my nose tingled. Poison huh. We’re they going to put these into our fires? Well not that it matters now I’ll report it when i get back.

——A few hours later——

I arrived at the valley only to see a run down building in the middle. Waking over to it as I had not seen nor felt any presence. Looking inside was many bags of grain with some “Anti-decay” enchantments around them. Where are the enemies? It surly can’t be those weaklings from before. Waking back out side I see a few people about 50m away from me...In our kingdoms armor starting a magical circle that covered the entire area.

“What is the meaning of this” I yelled as I sprinted toward the left to get out of the circle.

“ Noel of the knightly order Duke Arcam has chosen your punishment for going against him” the one in the middle yelled back.

Duke Arcam? That fat bastard he is working for the other kingdom. Calmly running to the end of circle I was about to reach it as I heard the word.

“Barrier”

Stopping my self from running straight into it I slid about 5m before slightly bonking against it.

“Now you shall face you judgment”

I looked down at the circle again only to see it light up in a grey color. I quickly grabbed my mace with both hands and rammed it into the barrier causing just a scratch.

“You fool this magic circle was made with dragons blood you aren’t getting out of it HAHAHAHA”

Dragon blood...well I should still get out of it after all it’s just some weak mages maintaining it. Readying my mace again I slammed it into the barrier causing it to crack like a spider web all over.

“You lose” I said about to take a final swing.

“No you do”

“BANISH!!”

The circle like lit up like the sun. Blinding me and causing me to feel like I was falling through water finally feeling my feet hit ground I opened my eyes.

“I’m back?!?!”

Welp here we go

2