Vol. 1 Chapter 7: A New World And A New Friend
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was lying on my back with my eyes closed. After going through that portal, I found myself on the ground somewhere. All I knew was I was outside and I was getting warm from the sun. I struggled to open my eyes and when I opened them, I saw something I never expected to see. It looked like a young human girl, except she was floating.

Looking directly at her face, I could see she had light green eyes and her straight hair that went past her shoulders was silver. She also seemed to have a concerned expression on her face. As for me, I was more confused than anything. I had no idea where that portal took me or where I was.

"Are you dead?" the girl asked.

I opened my eyes completely.

"Don't think so." I said.

"Oh, that's good." she said.

"What are you?" I asked, sitting myself up and getting a better look at her.

Looking more closely, I could see that she looked about to be about the height of a little kid but her body type was that of a teenager around my age.

"I don't know." she replied.

"Well, that's helpful." I responded.

"What's your name?" the floating girl asked, "I'm Moira."

"I'm Ken." I answered.

"So where'd you come from?" she asked.

"That's a good question…" I replied.

"Did you come out of that portal thingy?"

"You saw that?"

"Was I not supposed to?"

"That's not it…"

"So you did come out of it…"

"Uh, yeah."

I dusted myself off as I stood up.

"I was on my way to school with my sister and our friends," I said, "then this portal appeared and I ended up going through."

"And you didn't take them with you!?" responded Moira.

"Whoa," I replied, "none of us wanted to come through in the first place!"

"Oh, that's right." said Moira, "You said you were going to school."

"On my way through," I continued, "I saw this one guy. I couldn't see him clearly though."

"Oh, you must mean Sheldon!" responded Moira.

"Sheldon?" I said.

"Yeah!" said Moira, "He's a super popular adventurer."

"What, you saw him go through the portal?" I asked.

"Around the same time you came out." answered Moira.

"It's probably too much to ask," I said, "but you don't know of a way I can use to return, do you?"

"Nope!" answered Moira confidently.

It was clear. I was far away from home and would not be able to get back any time soon. I hadn't been there for that long, but I knew I had ended up in another world. All it took was Moira's existence to prove that. Something like her wouldn't exist in my world.

"Well, I guess I should get going." I said.

"Wait!" said Moira, "You'll need a guide."

"Tch." I replied, "What? You gonna get lonely if I go without you."

"No." responded Moira, "It's not like I'm the only one of my kind and need to be following someone all the time to not be lonely."

"There's more of you?" I said.

"Yeah." replied Moira, pointing to her left, "My village is over that way."

"I… see." I replied.

"Why don't I take you there first?" she suggested.

"Sure." I responded.

I followed the floating girl all the way over to her village. It was in the forest and most of the houses were up high in the trees. There were a few on the ground though.

"My house is over here." said Moira, who was up by a house that was really high up.

"How do you expect me to get up there?" I asked.

"With this!" she said, sounding excited.

After that, a rope ladder appeared below her wooden house.

"Ah, okay." I said, starting to climb up.

Inside, it was about the size of an apartment. The first room was like a living room, having a couch and several bookshelves. Right next to it was a dining room and kitchen and then there was a small hallway with a few rooms. One of them was a bathroom and the other three were bedrooms. Not long after I came out, a few other floating figures came out.

There were two women and one man. One of the women looked almost exactly like Moira, the big difference being that she was wearing a pair of red, square-framed glasses and the other was bigger, had a few wrinkles on her face and her eyes were blue. Her hair was short in the comparison, only going down to the end of her neck. As for the man, he had about as much hair as me and his eyes were green.

"Who the hell are you?" asked the girl with glasses.

"This guy came out of that portal thingy." answered Moira.

"Uh, hi." I said, nervously, "I'm Ken."

"I'm Kara," responded the older-looking woman, "Moira's mother."

"I'm Everard," the guy said, "her father."

"Oh, and I'm her twin sister, Valencia… for better or worse." the girl that looked a lot like Moira added."

"I see." I replied.

"I'm gonna show him around!" said Moira, excitedly.

"Be careful, you too." said Everard.

"I apologize in advance if Moira ends up killing you by accident." said Valencia.

"How rude!" exclaimed Moira, "C'mon, Ken, let's go!"

Then she started flying away.

"Hey, wait!" I said, running after her.

2