Vol. 2 Chapter 19: Search For The First Golden Pearl
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you ever feel like we're being watched?" I asked, while walking through a forest.

"What do you mean?" my floating friend asked.

"I don't know." I said, "It's as if someone can see everything we're doing."

"I still don't get it." replied Moira.

"But doesn't the demon lord have tracking magic or something?" I asked.

"You worry too much." the female knight walking next to me said while giving me a hard pat to the back.

"Ack!" I exclaimed, "That kinda hurt."

"Did you like it?" she asked.

"No!" I responded.

"Can you two stop!" exclaimed Moira, "We have to find the-the- what was it again?"

"The golden pearls." I said.

"Right." responded Arianna, "Those will allow us to defeat the demon lord."

"And while I'm here," I added, "it's the only thing I can do."

"Well, let's hope we don't run into any monsters." said Arianna.

"Yeah, because that would be-" started Moira, who stopped because when she flew into a wall.

"Watch where you're walking, er, floating." I said.

"Don't you think it's a little late for the warning!?" exclaimed Moira.

"This must be it." said Arianna, "The stone fortress."

"So, the first of the pearls should be here?" I said.

"That's the conclusion our investigation has made me come to." answered Arianna.

"My body still hurts." complained Moira.

"Let's head inside." instructed Arianna.

"Are you two ignoring me!?" exclaimed Moira.

"Come on, Moira." I said, "Keep up or we'll leave you behind."

Everyone went inside the fortress. There were torches on the walls of the gray stone fortress that lit up the hallways. However, they weren't the brightest, but they worked well enough to see where we were going.

"You don't think there are ghosts in here, do you?" asked Moira.

"Well," I said, "now that you said it, there probably will be."

"Why'd you have to say it!?" the girl responded, "Now I'm scared!"

"Why did you even ask?" replied Arianna.

"Whatever." I said, "For now, we just need to find the first pearl."

The three of us went further down that hallway and we soon reached a fork in our path.

"Where do we go now?" asked Moira.

"Just guess." I suggested.

"But what if we get it wrong?" she asked.

"Then we just come back." said Arianna, "It's not really that hard. We just have to keep track of where we have and haven't been."

"Then… how about left?" suggested Moira.

"We'll go right." said Arianna.

"Sounds good." I replied.

"Hey!" responded Moira, "Are you ignoring me?"

"Keep up if you don't want to get left behind," I said as I followed Arianna down the right path.

After walking for a bit, we encountered living skeletons. They were all coming toward us, so Arianna and I got out our swords and started attacking them. They weren't too hard to beat, but not long after taking out a few of them, these zombies appeared and they were definitely putting up way more a fight than the skeletons were. Our swords went all over, cutting body parts off of these zombies.

As we kept attacking, more kept coming. More zombies. More skeletons. There didn't seem to be an end to it. After a while, it seemed like we were getting tired of fighting them. And then we started running down the hall, swinging our swords, taking out even more of our enemies as we ran. It seemed to work and we managed to get to a safe area.

"Well, that was annoying." I complained.

"That was so scary." commented Moira.

"And you didn't do anything." responded Arianna.

"I'm here as your support." replied Moira.

"You didn't support us," said Arianna, "you were just floating."

"Shut up!" exclaimed Moira.

"A-Anyways," I said, "we need to keep going."

The three of us continued our exploration through this dungeon. There were some more monsters as we walked but they were all spread out. We sliced through zombies, skeletons, slimes, and giant spiders with our swords. There were a few more areas where paths split and we had to guess which way to go. Luckily, it wasn't that hard to choose and we found ourselves in front of a big red door.

"Think this is it?" asked Arianna.

"Who knows?" I said.

"Maybe there'll be treasure in there!" suggested Moira, who was definitely excited.

"Or maybe it's another frog that wants to eat floating girls like you." I suggested.

"Y-You're not going to let that happen, are you?" asked Moira.

I didn't respond and opened the door.

"Are you?" she asked again.

I didn't respond and went into the next room.

"I promise we will never forget you." said Arianna, who followed me into the next room."

"Why do you guys have to be like this?" sighed Moira, as she followed the two of us.

In this room, there was a long red carpet that led up to a silver throne. In that chair was a man that appeared young. He had long silver hair going down to his shoulders, bright red eyes, and sharp ears. What stuck out the most to me was he had two extremely sharp teeth and he was wearing what appeared to be a suit and tie.

"Who has come into my home without permission?" he said.

0