Chapter 01 ~ Uncertainties and sweetnesses
977 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello / Good evening I guess! It's still me hehe

New chapter in which we have the pov of Maria, we discover two new characters. Maria and Lolita.

If they are interesting enough, I could give them more screen time...

Title: Uncertainties and sweetnesses

A more precise description of the geography of our world :

Continent : Asgard

North: Kingdom of Snowhalfheim separated from the rest of the continent by a giant wall of ice.

The map will be updated whenever necessary!

PS : Sorry I don't know how to put a picture        (。◕‿◕。)

                             ~~~~ × ~~~~

Pov Maria :

"Hello! How are you today, my good man?"

"ID card, please."

Oh, no answer? Never mind next time!

"No worries, here you go." I said with a radiant smile as I handed my card.

"It's all right, you can pass, go ahead, little lady." He said nonchalantly.

I'm not little! I wanted to reply but I didn't have the time.

First of all I introduce myself, my name is Maria and I am 16 years old. As you can see, I don't have a surname because I come from a family of commoners.

Because of my social status, you can therefore imagine that my professional ambitions are low.

So, the dream of marrying a Prince Charming is only a dream.

On the other hand, I am fortunate to be able to serve the royal family of the kingdom of Snowhalfheim.

In spite of the glacial and winter climate of this province, I remain positive! 

I have to, because I have to bring home the penny. Moreover, my father always said: "Life is always on the side you choose, it's up to you to choose which side you want to live on."

It has become a philosophy of life for me, even if it's not always easy...

Moreover, the kingdom of Snowhalfheim is considered the worst place in terms of climate, due to its geographical location. Because the kingdom has a winter climate all year round, it is also very difficult to cross the border.

Of course, it is not the ideal place for a holiday, but it is well paid and I even have a great job.

Indeed, I am Princess Lily-sama's private maid. I am happy and especially honoured because this job is not given to everyone.

But for some time now, another feeling has been emerging in the depths of my soul, it is fear.

Yes, I am terrified of failing in my task.

Especially since the last mistake I made at Marquis Loriarty house.

So much so that it cost me my job and several months' rent. 

On the one hand, it has been very difficult for me to provide food for my family.

I feel very sorry for myself. The idea that my cute little sisters didn't get enough to eat frustrates me to the core.

My poor little sisters...

But this time I swear to be less headstrong! I thought as I clenched my fist with a fiery gaze.

On the way, I repeated the instructions I had been given over and over again. I hope Lily-sama will be lenient with me on this first day.

"It is important to take care of her when she wakes up, gently but surely." These are the orders of the head maid, and this is the only instruction I have ever been given.

Couldn't she have given a clearer order?

So I have brought with me a small glass of water, I hope it will be enough. 

And I also hope that the princess is awake.

Because I can't wait to see her!

As this is the first time I have met a princess. A real princess.

Nevertheless, I hope with all my heart that Lily-sama is as nice a princess as those described in fairy tales.

Unlike the daughter of the Marquis Loriarty. A real plague! I thought with visible discontent as my walking speed increased.

Once you reach your destination, which was a difficult task, the lanes are too long, it's a real marathon.

Then I waited a few minutes in front of Princess Lili-sama's door.

Because I could only be in admiration before such a masterpiece. 

Because this huge door looked more like a royal gate than a simple door leading to a room. Moreover the door was pure white decorated with glittering blue and silver jewels, which made the atmosphere divine.

The marquis' house looks really tiny compared to this simple door.

It shone with a thousand lights.

The most extraordinary thing is the material of which it is made, one would think it is ice but much more solid.

In fact, the whole castle is made of this special material. It gives an incredibly beautiful and above all fantastic spatial effect.

It's a real castle straight out of the marvels, I feel like I'm in a fairy tale.

The atmosphere that surrounds this place seems even sparkling, even divine.

Suddenly, my mind began to doubt...

Am I up to it? Can I really be in such a place without the real qualifications?

Do I have the shoulders strong enough to serve the royal family?

What if I disappoint the princess?

Will I still have the courage to look at myself in the mirror? 

So much so that I will no longer be able to go and see my sisters eye to eye.

I'm so lame....I'm so lame....I'm so lame.... 

I'm so lame....I'm so lame....I'm so lame....I'm so lame....

Why? Why?! Why?!

I'm just a clumsy klutz…

[ A / N : I admit that it's to fill in a little, my bad...

But it also shows the state of mind of the character ]

My vision became blurred and my face started to get wet... 

When suddenly a familiar voice interrupted my darkened train of thought, pulling me out of my trance.

"Maria?" 

"Huh?!" I was startled as I turned around.

"It's all right, Maria, it's only me, Lolita." 

Indeed, I overreacted. My face must be red with shame right now.

"Yes, yes... I'm sorry for my reaction, I don't know what came over me." I say with an embarrassed tone and a tomato red face.

"No worries, dear, it takes a lot to surprise me, you know?" She says, smiling with her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes because it's so cute.

"No need to remind me, Lady Lolita, captain of the royal guard." I replied in a casual tone.

Indeed, Lolita is the captain of the Royal Guard in the kingdom of Snowhalfheim. 

Moreover, she is assigned to Lily-sama's close guard, so we will be able to rub shoulders quite often.

In fact, she is the only woman who has ever held such a high position in the whole Asgard empire. In spite of her small size she is a first class warrior, she is a fierce loli warrior.

[ A / N : The joke was obligatory ! Sorry :) ]

In short, she is a fighter who shows what she is capable of.

I really admire her.

And she is also my childhood friend, so I am proud of her.

If only I had just a little bit of her confidence, I would have been in that room by now....

"Maria, what are you waiting for to come in?" She asks with her head tilted to the side, which makes her unconsciously cute.

However...

"Lolita, I'm not like you." I replied with a crunchy voice and puffy eyes.

I was ready to run away...

"Oh stop being so afraid! Take control of your life for once. If you can't, how are you going to feed your family?"

With that last sentence, she left me perplexed. 

It's true what she just said, how can my family eat if I don't bring back a penny?

"In any case, you are a strong woman, like me. What's more, the princess is the cutest of all. So stop making excuses and come in."

"You're absolutely right! Why am I waiting here!"

"Thank you, you are a true friend!" I shouted before throwing myself into her arms. Or rather, I hugged her like a soft teddy bear.

Convincing her was easier than I thought.  I can't describe her smile, it was splendid. Anyway I didn't lie to her, so no problem. I can leave peacefully. These were Lolita's thoughts as she wore a mischievous smile.

A real cutie? I hope you're not lying to me my dear Lolita. Otherwise you know what will happen to you. I thought as I rubbed my hands mischievously.

All in all, I'm a winner in both situations. I had stars in my eyes.

After a while my motivation was to re-inflate myself, so I walked into the room without warning.

As I crossed the small corridor, my heart became more and more excited at the thought of meeting her.

And that moment arrived. She was just a stone's throw away admiring herself in the mirror.

The princess was there. The little angel was there.

The aura of the princess was simply majestic and divine.

So much so that my poor heart stopped dead in its tracks.

Her appearance corresponds perfectly to the portrait of a princess. I thought unconsciously with my mouth wide open.

A snow-white skin with a fragile little body that looks like glass.

She has a well-drawn face with baby fat which makes her cute, it's a whole new level of cute. With her little aquiline nose that one would want to pinch. 

Moreover, her interrogative look with her little ruby eyes gives her more points of mignonnities.

What's more, her silver hair looks so fine that it undulates in the wind like an endless waterfall. And it glistens like jade silk.

She looks like a little goddess descended from Yggdrasil whose sole purpose is to bring us happiness.

But what caught my eye more intensely was her small pointed ears. As it is the first time I have seen this kind of ears.

I think the princess is an elf! According to fairy tales, they are often described as beautiful and having a beauty that transcends living. 

Well now I no longer doubt it.

In spite of being a princess, her aura was not superior as I have felt on several occasions with other nobles. No, the atmosphere surrounding this princess is both soothing and unique.

What's more, her little smile fascinates me, it is literally enchanting.

Once out of my trance, my face was red with shame. Since I had almost forgotten my duty.

Get a grip on yourself Maria! And above all, pull yourself together! I rehearsed several times in my head to avoid going to hug the cute little princess.

"Excuse me, Princess Lily-sama?" I said in a soft, clear tone.

"Huh?!"  

So cute! I absolutely want to hug her!

                              ~~~~ × ~~~~

POV Lily Snowhalfheim :

After a little internal reflection on the upcoming events, I noticed that my ears were pointed. 

My first reaction was astonishment because I wasn't expecting it at all.

Yet Juliana hadn't told me that the main character was an elf. Even on the game box, after all, maybe I had just misjudged...

With a bit of luck, wings will start to grow behind my back. I thought sarcastically as a smile appeared on my face.

When suddenly...

"Excuse me, Princess Lily-sama?" 

"Huh?!" 

Out of fear, I quickly turned towards the voice. And I was surprised...

"Princess, I am your new maid. My name is Maria. Please treat me well in the future." She said before bowing.

Ummm... Just a maid...?

"So you're my new maid, are you?" I asked to be sure because I have no memory of her.

"Yes Princess." She answered confidently, but her voice trembled slightly.

"Maria?" I asked.

"That's exactly right, Lily-sama."

"Maria?" I asked a second time.

My eyes blinked several times in a row.

"Yes." 

So this maid is called Maria... Interesting...

That's strange. Since there are no scenes or stories in the game that refer to a maid named Maria. 

If it's an important or even secondary character, Juliana would have told me about it, wouldn't she?

Of course not! Juliana is worse than a head in the air, I swear...

Anyway, Maria seems too innocent to harm me on purpose. Or even harm a fly for that matter.

She looks like a beautiful young girl waiting for her Prince Charming. She has an innocent face with beautiful brown eyes and long black hair tied in a ponytail.

Everything about her appearance and her outward gestures show that she is my ally, she is definitely a person I can trust. 

This is the feeling I feel in her presence... A feeling that is familiar to me.

Because of her physique and especially her very soft voice, I imagine that her personality must be gentle and loving. I have the feeling that she is the kind of person who takes good care of her family. 

Also, I don't feel anything special coming from her. 

Or maybe I do, my spider senses alert me to a potential danger but I don't know what it is.

And without knowing it I had fallen back into a long internal reflection.

However, this period was short because Maria had taken me in her arms faster than a leopard.

Maria is holding me close to her chest, I have to say that it is not that unpleasant. It's not a suffocating embrace, it's more than that. A warm and comforting hug.

Finally, I cried all the tears of my heart in his embrace. 

Juliana, I miss you. I hope we will meet again in another world.


See you later, Juliana.

From now on my new life begins, I am Lily Snowhalfheim Princess of Snowhalfheim.

32