Chapter 2 – Changes
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is my first series on this site. This novel is pretty open to ideas and suggestions. 


The Furantor's mansion consists of 3 floors excluding the underground floors. It's width is comparable of that a piece of farm land. It was the biggest mansion of Sentinel, the capital city of the kingdom Yagroth. Somewhere in a room inside the mansion, a shadowy figure could be seen conversing to a woman. 

"Was it carefully done?" The woman asked. She was relatively beautiful with a golden hair and a pair of red eyes. She stood quite tall and a hint of snowy skin. 

"M'lady, i have disposed what you asked. Hopefully it does not reach the clan heads." The shadowy figure replied.

"Do not worry, i have that under control. Very well, you may now go." 

"Understood, M'lady."

The shadowy figure then disappeared. 

The woman walked into a nearby window.

"...That's one less competitor. Sorry, but you have to part away, brother." The woman said while licking her lips.

...

Suddenly, i woke up and i found myself in the middle of a forest. Suddenly, a surge of memories rushed into my head. It was pretty conflicting but most of it came from when i was in 'that' place. 

Still can't believe i ate a corpse. It felt like a real nightmare. 

Who was that powerful entity?

Juno stood up, the first thing he noticed was the dense mana surrounding the place. He could guess that he was in a magical forest. 

"How did i get here? More importantly, where am i?" I stood up and held my hand. I was preparing to cast a spell, Velo. Velo is a spell used to summon a fairy orb, it could be used in various ways mainly for light. It was still peak noon from what i can see but im planning to use this spell to see if theres any nearby structures.

I made a hand gesture forming into a circle. Suddenly, a white circle appeared with written runes in it. Then, a yellowish-white orb appeared in my shoulder. It was the size of my fist but it shone bright enough.

Juno then started walking hoping to see some nearby houses.

Several hours passed and i kinda know what place i am. I'm in the magical forest of Ag'r. In the west of the kingdom of Yagroth is a dense thick forest that serves as a border between another kingdom. Although it was a border no one really wanted to pass through here due to the magical constitution of the forest. They say that most people that passes here aren't able to go out. So they call this a cursed forest. 

It was now sunset, i realized that most of the magical beasts are starting to come out from their nests.

So it's gonna be dangerous huh?

I fell into deep thinking. It's true that mages are strong but when one aren't able to master his own Mana and spells, he just becomes an ordinary human with a hand-cannon. Unfortunately, i haven't able to master any offensive spells yet. 

Juno started searching for a safe place to camp for the night. Eventually he stumbled a cave that leads to an underground tunnel. The tunnel was clearly manmade as there are wooden planks plastered in the walls serving as a foundating for the heavy soil. 

Juno walked inside the cave.

...

Meanwhile, the kingdom of Arcane. The high mages and the king of Arcane, Hans IV were gathered in a tower that had a huge ball on top of glowing bright red. 

"T-This is..."

"Great C-Calamity!"

"The Orizon glowed really bright re- It's turning black!"

Countless voices panicked. They were various people here, even of different races. There were knights, mages, giants, elves, and all others gathered.

"Your Majesty, the Orizon has glowed really dark. This means, a great disaster will befall the world again."

"I-Impossible, don't be ridiculous! It's been a thousand millenia since our ancestors oppressed the dark force!"

Several people voiced their opinion on the matter.

The king stood up and spoke.

"Fellow citizens of Ku'alda, it is true that the orb of fate has glowed again in a manner never seen since the Great Disaster."

The crowd went silent. 

"In any case, we have grown considerably stronger ever since! We must never forget the sacrifices of our ancestors and the help of the Gods."

"This matter shall be revealed in the entire world, but let them not be scared. Let them know that the dark forces are childs toy before the era of high magic!" 

The crowd then burst into cheer. 

"I shall talk to the other kings and ask advice from the Origin Oracles. In the meantime, prepare yourselves as the Orizon never stated the date in which the calamity will befall us."

The crowd went into murmur but eventually cheered.

...

Back in the cave, Juno walked deeper and deeper into the cave. At first, it was just a really long tunnel but then torches started to appear. They were quite lit for a long time. 

After what seems to be half a day of walking, my body eventually wanted to rest. I sat on a nearby rock and closed my eyes.

Clink!

Clank!

The sound of metal colliding against the wall echoed throughout the tunnel. It was precisely due to that i woke up. Right now, i'm hiding in whatever fuckery was coming in my direction. 

Clink!

I was then able to see a figure, he was quite tall with a sturdy body. His body resembled that of an executioner you see in the capital. He had a sack that covered his head with two holes located in both his eyes, giving him some vision.

He was abnormally tall that he needed to bend a bit to fit the hole of the tunnel. His arms were also kind of long with burly muscles. In his left hand was a heavy longsword, covered in blood. But in his other hand was obscene, he held two, no, three girls seemingly the same age as i am, 16. He was dragging them but they made no sound, possibly unconscious. 

The guy was breathing loudly but kind of raggedy. He passed me and it seems to be heading to somewhere.

Juno followed the tall man and eventually reached another massive cave with human structures. It was like a small town inside a cave, there were huts or houses. 

There were also people walking around, dressed in nothing but clothes wrapped around their waists. There were girls, boys and even kids. Most of them are unfortunately disfigured. A clear result of inbreds.

How long did these people live here? 

While i was on the entrance of the hole in which the the tall man came out. A sound reverbrated across the cave. It was an otherwordly growl in which hurt my ears. The sound which lasted almost ten minutes garnered the attention of everyone inside the cave.

The villagers then headed to another hole across the make-shift village.

Whatever was there, isn't something i can probably kill.

In a minute or so, the village was empty. This was a good time to search for a map or a coordinator. A coordinator was like an advanced map that was imbued with magic, it can locate where you are within the written map. I just hope that you could find one.

I searched houses to houses, sometimes finding trinkets that are valuable to sell. Most of the stuffs that are there are clearly stolen or robbed from people. These were nomads living in the dangerous forest. I stumbled into a huge house that was different from the rest. When i was inside, i was greeted by a foul smell. It was so unbelievably foul that you could just vomit from the smell alone. There you could see various ornamentals made from bones and skulls of different species. There were also alot of furs from different beasts. But one particular object caught my mind, it was a glowing red gem.

"What is this...?"

I tried to grab it, but then a high-pitched scream shook the place. 

I instinctively grab the gem and head out, 

"I need to escape from this place."

I ran but then i halted when i saw a hole in which emitted the same pressure when i was back in that void place. 

It was emitting the same feeling i felt back then, the warmth. I got urged to come and so i did.

What i saw was gruesome. It was a scene in which the villagers were kneeling and mumbling an incoherent sound. They were neatly organized in a linear formation. On the center was the tall man also kneeling with it's weapon on it's waist.

The one they were kneeling was disturbing even for me. It was a huge thing composed of flesh. A ball of living flesh twitching, but it had a huge slit in the middle. The slit had what appears to be huge sharp teeth the size of a full grown adult. It was the mouth. There were also numerous fleshy tentacles connecting to it, seemingly holding the ball of flesh on air. But what's really gruesome is the three girls i saw earlier being ripped to pieces and pieces. Countless body parts and organs flying everywhere, some landing on some villagers. Next was a huge fleshy tentacles came out of it's mouth and grabbed the remaining flying flesh, dragging the unfortunate villagers that were landed on. 

The villagers weren't even bothered by their own people being devoured by the thing. What a fucking dark ritual.

Then a voicr resounded on my head.

[System: [The Coming of Javantulm] quest activated.]

[System: Kill the infant [Javantulm] within the set time limit.]

[System: Failing to accomplish the quest within the time limit will remove the mana constitution from your body.]

What the...

1