Chapter 4 – Trinkets
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is my first time writing a series in this site. This novel will be open to ideas and suggestions as the story progress.

 

"Please use me as you like, Child of Altum." The ghastly voice spoke as it slowly disappears into nothingness. 

Suddenly, i feel my consciousness fade once again. Then woke up in the familiar place, which is the cave of the fanatics earlier. The corpses were still there but the monster, "Javaltum" was no longer there. I sat there for awhile before coming up with the conclusion of what the fuck is happening.

Firstly, that was a deity from another dimension. I'm sure of it, they were otherworldly creatures that i have not seen yet in this kind of era.

Whatever it is that happened back there, they were powerful entities that are capable of manipulating reality itself. But that kind of power, it surges into me like i'm part of it. The strange things that is happening to me, this strange feeling and change. What sort of shit did i get into?

Feeling as if it was enough thinking about it, i stood up and started walking outside. The make-shift village was destroyed by the earlier events too, and there were no longer people around.

Eventually i reached outside, it was morning. The sun just rose on the east, and the birds were happily chirping. Outside of the cave, you could see ragged clothes, blood and a couple of torn organs. I shook my head as i thought about how they were massacred by the beasts, how unlucky. 

I started trailing the clothes to see if they headed on another structure. I should hurry up and return home if i want to know what kind of changes did i undergo.

 

...

 

"This disaster is unavoidable, but this disaster is not calm. Cut it's roots and it shall grow no longer." A woman's voice resounded through a small room.

She had a black blindfold in her eyes, held a magical wooden staff and had a chestnut hair. She was none other than the Origin Oracle.

Origin Oracles were so-called prophets that were unable to perform miracles and acquire mana. They were also the child of hope but was struck with unfortunate events and curses upon their life. 

"I-Is it really that bad?" Another voice spoke, it was a man's voice.

"...Hans... The Gods spoke to me in a manner i have never heard before. It is quite hard to come up with a full bode of the situation." The oracle replied.

"In that case, what should be done to learn the identity of this disaster?" 

"It is impossible to learn of it's identity as it is protected... by a deity of unknown origin."

"...There is a way to garner clues on it's whereabouts, it is said that this disaster will prevail in the highest mountain of Gelu. There is a temple there called the Temple of Altum, it is protected by two seraphs Lastiel and Kalvel."

"The mountain alone is an attraction to danger, so the road to that is also dangerous. Even so, the seraphs sent by the Gods proved to be it's guardians. Preventing any access to the temple." The oracle continued.

"T-THAT TEMPLE?!" The man suddenly shouted.

"...It is the God's message, i do not condone any disrespect on that behavior towards the Gods." The oracle said angrily.

"Please f-forgive me, i was quite carried away. But is it true that in that temple lies the true origin of the disaster?" The man replied.

"...The God merely requires you to observe and not gain access as it is an absolute taboo to sneak in the temple. Anyhow, the disaster will begin in that location in a few years." The oracle replied calmly.

The man fell into deep thinking before nodding and leaving the room. The oracle then stood up and started shaking, even if she was blind she could feel another presence in the room.

"W-Who are you?! Identify yourself!" She started performing incantations and suddenly a white orb expanded and engulfed the oracle. It was a defensive item used to protect the good against the evil, an orderly barrier known as Globus.

Suddenly a dark purple mist surrounded the room and covered the windows and the door eventually eating any light passing through the room. An overwhelming pressure swoop against the Oracle leaving her breaking in cold sweat. Moments after a loud clap was heard and everything including furnitures were eatin by the mist leaving nothing except the oracle in the middle of the room. 

"You have done well in serving the dogs above. I'm impressed you managed to gather this much of information. Unfortunately, it is no help. It will happen again and this time you will be helpless." A cold voice spoke amongst the mist. "Personally, i would destroy you but where's the fun in that if 'he' can inflict a much better pain to you all humans." It continued.

"Tell this to your 'Gods', 'He' will return and 'you' will be helpless against it. No one can stop 'him'. Not even your pup Ardor." The voice then sneered and a heavy laugh was heard before the mist was starting to disappear. Everything it covered was rotten and covered in a black miasma never seen before. The oracle then fell down on her knees and started crying, it was a dangerous situation for her. 

 

...

 

Another two hours passed and Juno finally reached a local town. 

"So they really ran back to a town." He frowned.

This means that there are more of them or they just went to hide here.

The town itself was covered in stone walls that stretched across the plains. It was built like a fortress with a huge iron gate. 

Currently, i look like just another commoner due to my tattered uniform. It's been smeared with dried blood making it lose it's green color. I casually approach the gate till i see two armored figures.

"Halt! State your name!" One of the guards shouted at me.

Should i don a new name or use mine? If i say i'm from the Furantor family i can't guarantee these people would look for my emblem, the proof of a noble status.

"Juno of the Furantor!" I shouted back. Better be playing safe, let's test their reactions.

The two guards looked into each other then one ran back inside.

After a minute or so, the guard went back outside and casually approached me.

I frown and then clenched my fist, preparing to cast Velo to temporarily blind them.

The guard then spoke, "May i have a verification emblem?" 

"Sure." I hand a platinum phoenix emblem. Most of the nobles have these emblems and they reprsent the status of a noble. For Juno's family is platinum (Branch family of a Royal family.) and a phoenix carved onto it (Phoenix = Fire. The affinity of a certain noble family.)

The guard went silent after inspecting the emblem and silently scratched his head.

"Y-Young Master! I'm very sorry earlier." The guard them immediately bowed. He clearly knows the status of the kid infront of him. Although unbelievable due to his appearance he certainly is a noble due to refined way of him speaking to the guard.

"It is nothing, what territory is this? Do you have a gate somewhere?" Juno waved his hand somewhat feeling relieved it is a normal town. But he can't help but wonder where the lunatics from the cave earlier went.

"Yes! This is Renova of Lord Eith III. And yes we have a functional gate in the town hall. Does young master want to go somewhere?" The guard respectfully replied.

"I wish to return to the capital city, Sentinel as soon as possible." 

"Yes young master, do you want to stay at our inns before leaving? Our city hall advicer would want to talk to you." 

"...Sure." Juno replied with an indifferent expression. He's been passing out quite lately and also his Mana is still not fully recovered. A good rest should solve both.

The town itself was large. With merchants lively and shouting at passerbys. On the other side was a small arena and one could see people fighting there with swords and spears.

On the way to the city hall, i spot a jewelry shop. I remembered that i have no money right now and i also found a couple of Trinkets back in the cave.

The shop was luxurious with it's exterior design different from the rests of the shops. When i entered, i was greeted by two muscular men and a girl the same age as me on the counter smiling brightly at me.

"Hello! Welcome, how may i help?" The girl spoke. Her soft voice was on par with her beautiful aqua hair and big bright yellow eyes. She also had a faint sense of Mana, possibly a caster or a carrier.

There were two types of mages, caster and carrier. Caster being the one that casts spells while the latter is used for refilling lost mana. Take for example a liquor. The liquid is the Mana and the jug is what the caster use to drink the Mana creating the effect, Magic. So if that liquid runs out, you are no longer able to cast Magic. So that's where the carrier show up, think of it like a refilling barrel. Carrier lets the other party take her Mana for him/her to use. Although they cannot train their mana because of the amount of Mana they have in their body.

"I would like to sell these." I throw a small pouch to the table.

The girl then proceeds to inspect the pouch but then her eyes widen and she stared back at me with a shocked expression.

"T-This is..."

0