Chapter 2: Back Home
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Back Home

 

Yuki looked around.

She was in a pink room, on a soft white bed, surrounded by cute stuffed animals and fluffy pillows.

“My old... room? Why am I here?” Yuki asked.

Her eyes widened. She shoved off her covers and jumped down off of the bed, swiveling her head around frantically.

“NO!! Z! Z! Z, where are you?! Z! Z…” Yuki shouted.

She fell to her knees, tears in her eyes.

“Z… You promised me! You finally promised you would stay. You… Promised.” Yuki said, tears streaming down her face.

The door to her room slammed open.

“Young Miss!? Are you all right?! What’s wrong? Did- Young Miss?” A maid shouted, rushing towards Yuki.

“Daisy? W-Why are you so tall? No, that’s not important! Z! Daisy, where’s Z?!” Yuki asked.

“Young miss? I’m not sure what you’re talking about. But it’s all right, you’re all right now. There’s nothing to worry about.” Daisy said, wrapping her arms around Yuki lovingly.

“Young miss, did you have a bad dream? Do you need anything from me?” Daisy asked, wiping the tears from Yuki’s cheek.

“N-no.” Yuki said.

“...I’m fine, Daisy. It was just a bad dream. I’m sorry for worrying you.” Yuki said.

“Young miss, you don’t need to apologize for that. I’m here because I care about you. And it isn’t fitting for someone of your status to be apologizing to a lowly maid. Besides, people prefer to receive thanks rather than receive an apology.” Daisy said.

“Sorr- No. Thank you, Daisy.” Yuki said.

“It’s my pleasure, Miss Alice,” Daisy said, beaming.

“O-Oh. Right.” Yuki said.

{I forgot about that. My name in this world isn’t Yuki… I’m Alice now.} Alice thought.

“...I’m fine now, Daisy. I’m not feeling very good, so I’d like to rest for a while. I’ll call if I need anything, you may go.” Alice said.

{It’s going to be hard to get used to this…} Alice thought.

Daisy nodded and headed out of the room.

“...She’s gone.” Alice sighed.

She climbed up onto her bed.

“Jeez. How young am I? I don’t remember ever being this short. Oh!” Alice said, jumping off of the bed again.

“Right, I should have a calendar in here somewhere,” Alice said, walking over to her desk.

She blinked.

“Who are you?” Alice asked.

“...Oh, that’s a mirror. Heh. I’m gor-wait, hold up! That’s me?!” Alice shouted.

She put a hand up to her cheek.

{Smooth. Did Alice always look like this? She’s… Far more beautiful than I could have ever even imagined. Sigh. I wish I had this body in my third life. I wasn’t even blonde.} Alice thought.

“Wait. I just realized something.” Alice said.

A wicked grin spread across her face as she giggled.

“I know the future, and I’ve memorized magic from multiple worlds. I’m unstoppable!” Alice laughed.

Slowly, both the grin and the laughter faded.

“But… If Z isn’t here-No. No, I can change the future I suffered through in this life. I can save my family. I can prevent the fall of the empire… This time will be different.” Alice said.

Her hand balled tightly into a fist, she grinned.

“This time… Will be very, very different.” Alice said.

1