Chapter 26
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hah....

That was exhausting.

Mentally exhausting.

The room is empty now.

And someone else is approaching.

Its Viv, I can feel it by her aura.

This is going to be very simple.

Its not like I don't want to think like a villian. I want to.

The previous battle, it was boring, it could be more fun.

If I were a good villian, someone who knows how to tease.

How to make explosions.

How to make hearts beat.

Someone who keeps you on your toes, you don't know what will happen. You don't know what dirty tricks they will pull. They are a wonder, like a closed Christmas present, they can do whatever they want and have infinite possibilities. 

Someone who makes you cheer for the hero.

If someone saw that fight, would they cheer for the man?

The man whose family forced him to train, in hopes they will defeat a demon lord again.

Someone who might be part of the project where they revived the first demon lord.

Someone who is powerful enough to erect a shield around a kingdom.

Someone not born strong, but someone who made seals as his only weapon. And perfected the art.

Someone who has his son studying in this very school.

Seeing that fight, is he still that impressive of a man? All his lives achievements, gone to toilet just because I know how to do illusion magic.

Gulp.

I can ask my little bunny.

My partner, Nanora.

He said he will be with me forever. He is just a call's distance from me. He is watching over me, and he wants to help me, waiting for me to summon him.

But I can't.

I am too afraid. 

I have broken everything he ever stood for. I have betrayed him. I..

I don't want to hear him, I don't want to see him sad.

I rather feel happy about past memories, when he would high five me. And sit on my shoulder.

Even if he isn't sad, if he accepts me...it would be a disgrace for him. He would have pity on me, I can't have it. I can't see it.

Say, wand. Am I a good girl?

"Masta is bwest."

Really?

"Un."

Promise? Swear on God I am a good girl?

"Wes! Masta is bwest girl. I love masta."

I love you too wand. Please don't leave me.

"I won't."

Please. I can't live without you. Just keep saying I am a good girl. Please.

"Masta is best. She is best. Best. No one is better than her."

It's alright, that's enough.

I hug it tightly.

Its black gem presses uncomfortably with my chest. It pains a bit. And that's nice.

If there is pain, then it means I am still alive.

I feel a lot better now.

Wand chan. When we will fight Vivian, you may feel strange, okay?

"Stwage? *.*)"

Umu. You might get confused. Some things will happen which you don't understand. So let me just tell you, trust master, okay?

"Un"

That's a sweet boy. Such a good child, I love you.

Hmmm. This is nice, to lie on bed, knowing what will happen next. There is peace in quietness.

*knock knock*

Came another knock.

"Vivian chan, is it you?"

"You know me very well." Answered her.

I walked to the door, but didn't open it. I just rested my head there and said,

"I am sorry."

"For?"

"Making you fight. I know you don't like to."

I heard laughter from the other side.

"I see, so you do care about me. Say, Flare.

 Did God tell you to do this?"

I bit my lip. It was a hard question to answer.

"You can say that. It was my decision but...he knew it."

"I see. Or 'naruhodou' for the old times sake.

Flare, it was my mistake too. I thought I could escape by pinning all the responsibility on you, but I was wrong. 

No one can defy God. If he says that hero must fight, there is no way out of it."

...

I was speechless, but it was true. My plan may give happiness to all, but it would require her sacrifice. There was always a chance Vin chan refuses to fight even now. That is why God made preparations.

I regret not believing Viv when she said God was a bad person. But would it had changed anything?

"Viv chan. Will you promise me one thing?

Will you ensure people are happy after me?"

"I can do that with my magic. Remember, I am friends with everyone?"

"Ah, yes, but. I don't want that kind of happiness. A self sustaining happiness? People happy because they want to. Because they saw good beating evil."

"I will. But I could lie though."

"You can, but. I rather believe everyone is telling the truth."

"That is stupid."

"My existence is stupid."

"Pfft. Well, what to do now?"

"Oooh, let me say that cool line.

Let's take this outside.

Hehe."

"Oh, in the city?"

"The sky."

"Huh, come out then."

I open the door, with high expectations and my heart beating fast,

And what I got was a punch right into face. It wa s as i f Viv ian ha d thr own hers elf at me, sta an ding on one le g an d pu nch in g wi th full bo dy wei ght.

Ara ara, this turrrrnnned excitement.

My neck was forced to bend at an extreme angle backwords, and I crashed onto the wall, almost cracking it. The pain traveled through my back to an unimaginable head ache.

A large sadistic grin grew all over my face, long enough to hurt my cheeks. I couldn't stop giggling. Things are going according to plan, I hope I am still alive.

"Ara, is that all you go-" and my face was crushed into the wall by a kick.

I felt my little tongue getting chopped by my own teeth, as the lush red blood flavoured everything.

My head was now hanging outside the wall, like a limp insects which I have stepped upon and will now consume.

Ahh, my cheek. There is a hole in it. Hehe. Kekeke.

Kukuku. How funny. There is a little hole in my cheek, just tiny enough for my tongue to peak out. 

But it will heal soon, and it doesn't hurt anyways, so its nice.

But it is uncomfortable here, so for now, I kicked the wall myself to break it and free myself, another kick to launch myself into sky, high above the buildings.

Ah, my cheek is healed, that's nic- 

But I was burned before I could comlpete that sentence. A flame, a cylinder of fire is roasting me right now. Thank you Viv, how hapoy i am that i don't get think right now. Thinking was a curse that was...damn, no, now..no..time.

*slap*

I hit myself to come back to senses.

Okay, quick thinking, I am burning, but it doesn't affect me since wand is protecting me.

So, in order to be cool, I shouldn't come out and let it happen. 

2