Chapter 0002 〚The Merchant〛
109 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elias Aazumuth


From the activities written in the diary, he deduced how his impression was in front of others. Since the awakening ceremony proved he had no abilities, the rest looked even more down on him. Around age 14, he lost his faith in humanity. It was from then his stoic behaviors started. While others bullied him, he endured with no form of retaliation. What would have been a hell-like experience for others was like a typical day for him.

However, during his 16th birthday, everything changed. For some unknown reason, his father invited him to the family dinner, which had never happened before. His father asked for things he desired. It took young Elias back by surprise. His father’s temperament became soft towards him. He even assigned two butlers and a maid to protect him.

The sudden change in the environment caused him to change. Now he felt powerful. He ordered the butlers to kill and torture those who had troubled him. They killed two priests and over ten teens.

However, no one could now say anything since he had his father’s backing. Since then, he had lived a heavenly life. The only thing he regretted was not being able to do anything to his siblings.

“What a fool.”

His indifferent expression changed as he laughed, reading the diary his younger self wrote.

He took a lighter and burned the three dairies. Now that he knew about its contents, the dairies served him no purpose.

In his previous life, the genuine tragedies began after his father died, yet he felt no sense of wanting revenge or seeking vengeance. He had no interest. The experiences he faced made him realized those things were meaningless. But the greed of wanting power and immortality was still present in him. His greed was born not out of a desire to want something but was born from the experiences accumulated in his lifetime.

“The inheritance war, huh, guess, I will win it.”

He continued his path of bloodshed once again. To gain strength, one needs resources. The more excellent resources he had, the sooner he could leave this place. The world was vaster than the people in this kingdom realized. Even the technology was outdated compared to other realms.

“Now that I think about it, I wonder how would killing your siblings feel like?”

He brewed a light smile and opened the door. A maid and a butler were on standby, ready to take his command. He called one butler and asked him to arrange a carriage. Once he exited the residence, he could see the garden and the gate of the exit farther away.

A golden carriage marked with the emblem of the Serpents that represent the Aazumuth family arrived.

He entered the carriage. The servants filled the inside with various designs and comfortable seats. His butlers and maid followed him from the shadows.

“March for the Merchants guild.”

Merchant Guild was a place for the traders to live. Nobles and commoners held fair exchanges over there.

“Young Master, we have arrived.”

The driver cautiously said as he opened the door.

He shuffled down from his carriage.

“You can leave now.”

“But…. Yes, Master,”

With no further questions, the driver rode the carriage and left. Elias had made an image of being ruthless, so no one dared ask him questions that could irritate him.

He entered the guild. It had a bar-like look.

Round tables and chairs filled the room, yet the place was empty except for one guy wearing butler clothes. He was polishing the wine glasses.

A counter was inside, and besides the counters, many paths of stairs. On the counter, Elias took out a pouch and placed it there.

The guy in charge of the counter opened the pouch and looked inside. His eyes dilated as he saw the gold coins shine from inside the bag.

“Dear customer, what would you like to buy?” asked the guy as he held on to the pouch tightly.

Elias took out another pouch and kept it on the counter.

“Show me the list of items that the guild is going to sell soon,”

“But the guild master…” Elias took out another pouch and kept it on the counter.

The guy swiftly gabbed it, “Please wait at the table.”

He took a seat in one round-table. The server served him some wine.

Soon, the guild master arrived. His name was Luke.

He had blue hair and was fairly tall.

“Young Master, do you require anything” Luke was rubbing his hands together, his body sweating. Young Elias had a habit of making a mess everywhere he went.

He would drink and destroy objects. Once he saw a couple in the bar. The female attracted him. He tried to flirt, but the women pushed him away. Infuriated, he ordered the butlers to burn both alive inside the bar with the people watching.

The ones who burned to death were commoners, so they took no action against him. In a world ruled by strength and power, they considered those without less than animals. To survive, either you get stronger and gain a title or use relationships like how Young Elias used his father’s influence.

He did not go to places where nobles gathered or spent their time as he felt an inferiority complex since he could not do much to the nobles, but went to the areas filled with commoners and caused trouble for them. This way, he could feel powerful.

The current Elias had no interest in such things as women or wine.

“I already asked once. Don’t make me repeat myself.”

“Do you want new wines instead? Young master, they are delicious.”

Luke spoke boldly as he was noble. The imperial family forbade nobles from killing nobles. He feared for the glasses and the desks, along with the reputation of the place getting damaged. Being a merchant, he cared for profit the most.

Elias gulped the wine poured before him.

“Bring your ears closer, there is something I want to tell you.”

Luke bowed down a bit. That’s when Elias took the wineglass and slammed it on his scalp.

Argh!

Luke cried in agony as blood dripped down his head.

“That much won’t kill you.”

“How about I pay four times the market price for those items?”

Luke’s eyes shone; earlier, he traded with Keth for items above twice the market price. Being a merchant, he instantly decided which would be more profitable. He forgot the pain and agreed happily.

“Then bring me the items.”

“Eh? Right now?”

“Yes,” Elias demanded

Luke needed time. Although Elias offered four times the market price, there was no guaranty Keith would back down. He wanted to use the two brothers to squeeze out more profit.

“But distributing items before the market’s opening is forbidden. Once the marketplace opens, I will personally deliver the items to you.”

“Very well then, all I ask for is the list of items,” he added, “You can give me that, can’t you?”

Seeing no harm, Luke ordered the server to bring the scroll. “Here is your list.”

The items on the list were pills, armors, weapons, wines, and many more. Nobles in this kingdom would do anything to get those items and increase their strength, but Elias had no interest in them.

“I changed my mind. I don’t need any of these things, so I won’t buy any of these”

“Eh,”

“You won’t buy them? But, but just two minutes ago you sai....”

“So?” Elias interrupted, “I am not here to reason with you.”,

He never wanted to buy anything. Elias had to see the list so he could confirm the time of his father’s death.

In his past life, there was a unique set of needles he had brought. It later had become one of his primary weapons. However, it was a revolutionary item that aided many researchers. Having no combat abilities, Elias had taken a keen interest in human research and weapon manufacture.

In his previous life, hearing rumors about the needles, he personally went to buy the needles. When he returned, his sister had taken control of the household as his father had died.

As there was no mention of such needles on this list implied, it was yet to be invented. There was still plenty of time.

He clutched his pocket and took out a small piece of paper.

“Bring me the items on this list.” He said.

Luke wrinkled his nose and clenched his jaws but still took the list. After seeing the list, his eyes lit up again.

The items written in the list were:

-Skin layers of 1000 Grim Panthers

-Skin layers of 10 Ghost Bats

-2-meter Silk Clothing

-The 4 Barrels of Charred Wines

-Wool Cowl

-Hammer

-A Set of Sewing Instruments

Selling beast skin and blood was the most flourishing business in the current time. Some beast blood would help women preserve their beauty; some would fill men with vigor. People used the skin of beasts for decorations. It was the trend.

Luke’s face brightened, and a smile brew on his face.

“Yes, Young Master, the items will be safely delivered to your house.”

“No, not in my house,” He continued, “Book me a room here and send the items to my room.”

“Eh, Yes,” Luke turned back and left. He didn’t think about why he wanted to buy those things or why he stays here. Luke realized getting involved in the Royal family’s matters would only cause trouble for him right now.

Elias glanced at the exit door. It was a wooden door with a transparent mirror in the middle.

“Sigh,” He stood up from his seat and walked towards the door, and after opening it, he could see a maid waiting for him. She was blankly staring down while awaiting further command.

His father had assigned him, two butlers and one maid. All three of them were powerful. Wherever Elias went, at least one of them would follow him.

‘Now, that’s a problem,’ he thought.

Unlike the previous Elias, he did not plan on relying on them. The prior Elias had trusted them; he even mentioned them several times in the diary.

“Elaine, I need you to stop following me,” he added, “Return home and inform father I will be out for few days.”

Still staring down, she said, “I cannot do that. Your father assigned me to protect you.”

Elias’s face turned pale. He grabbed her chin with his right hand and lifted her face. Maintaining eye contact, he said, “I plan to go to a brothel and fill my days with pleasure, so then, are you implying you want to join me.”

Her pale face reddened as she backed down, her eyes bulged, fist tightened. Elias sensed heavy bloodlust. Gritting her teeth, she backed down and left.

‘For an assassin to reveal such bloodlust,’

The young Elias chased after the women, and one could consider Elaine a high-class beauty because of her deep blue eyes, symmetrical face, and gray hair. The young Elias had flirted with her a lot; she hated him sincerely. He made that provocation by considering the actions of his younger self.

‘That provocation worked,’

Prior Elias would frequently go to brothels, so she thought it was typical behavior. He entered inside the guild. The butler at the counter gave him his room keys.

He went inside his room; Luke had already delivered his items.

“That was fast. At least their service is commendable.”

It was a wooden room, with one small bed, lamps, a table, and some boxes. Elias sat down and opened the box. They filled the first box with black leather-like substance; it was the skin of the grim panther. The alchemists had preserved it, so it did not any form of scent. The unique property of the grim panther’s skin was that we could compress them. Even 1000 pieces could fit inside a small box. He took out one skin. The skin regained its original shape after getting out of the box. It was over 2 meters.

Next was the ghost bat skins. They were small, one skin not being over 30 cm long.

There were also 4 barrels of wine and a cowl. Elias checked their quality and found them satisfactory.

“Now then, time to get to work.”

He took out the sewing tools and worked. By the time he finished, it was already night.

10