Needed Help!
97 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Just getting into the elevator, the phone’s ringing “I Love you like a mouse loves rice…”

He pulled out the phone and saw that his mother was calling.

“Son, I am at the station, come pick me up!”

The voice of Liam’s mother came from the other end of the phone.

Liam was stunned, because she always stayed at home and never went out of town. Why did she came to city to look for him?

“Bastard, if I stay at home all time, when will you save enough money to marry.”

…..

“Stop it, the phone bill is expensive. So you hurry to the station and pick me up.”

Just after making the phone call out of elevator, he strode towards the outside and ended up bumping into someone across  the street, and when he looked up, it was Maxwell.

He grabbed Maxwell’s shoulder, “Something bad happens. My mom is coming to the city, and I am going to go home now and then pick her up. You report to Mr. Lau and help me ask for a leave of absence.”

Maxwell looked at his back and shouted, “You’ve taken five days off this month. How do you want me to explain to Mr. Lau…”

Now that Liam had arrived outside the headquarter, Maxwell smiled with helpless bitterness.

When he arrived at home, he was shocked. The hall was mess, and there were Paisley’s dirty clothes and dirty socks on the sofa and the chairs. And Paisley was sitting on the sofa, holding snacks in one hand, coffee in the other, watching the Korean drama Home Temptation cosily.

He was grave, “You, leave right now!”

Paisley looked away and said, “NO! NO!”

He looked at his watch, it was now ten minutes past, and now he had forced Paisley away to go pick up his mother.

If his mother saw the house looking like this, she would probably be pissed off.

Liam didn’t have the time to talk nonsense, snatching the snacks and coffee from her hands and placing them on the table, “Pack your things and leave immediately. Otherwise I’ll throw you out.”

Paisley grabbed the phone on the table, “Don’t you dare. If you dare to anything to me, I’ll report you for luring me into your house and molesting me. These clothes in the house are evidence.”

He looked so angry. He almost fell to his knees, “Hey, I beg you, hurry up and leave, if my mother comes over later and sees the house like this, she’s going to kill me.”

“Your mother is here?” The phone in Paisley’s hand fell onto the couch.

He looked at Paisley reluctantly.

Paisley narrowed her eyes at him and smiled as she nodded, “finally, I’ve knew your weaknesses.”

“Let’s make a deal, as long as you promise to let me stay here from now on and not kick me out, I promise your mother won’t beat you up.”

What was this? A Threat?

He hated very much, but there was nothing he could do now, so this was the only way.

He stared at the smug Paisley, “Before I return, you must clean up the house. It’s best not to let my mother see….”

Saying this, he felt somewhat very helpless, feeling as if he had something unpleasant with Paisley.

After rushing out of  the house, he took the shuttle bus and headed straight to the station.

Fortunately, there were no traffic jams along the way, and fifteen minutes later, he arrived at the station.

At the taxi.

Liam’s mother was very restrained, sitting in the car, not even daring to move a bit, and she looked a bit overwhelmed.

Looking at his mother’s somewhat greying hair, he was grieved.

After his father’s death, he and his mother depended on each other, and lived a life of poverty. Later on, when he entered university, his mother wanted to pay his tution fees, working on the ground during day, and selling night snacks at night.

Liam’s mother gradually relaxed and turned to look at the skyscrapers outside, a city full of modernity, “Son, have a look at these houses, bright and shiny and are even better then ones on the TV.”

Liam sniffed and forced a smile, “Mother, why don’t you stay for several days and then go back! I don’t have a fiancée right now, it’s still to early to get married, and besides I’m busy with work, so I can’t find the time to take care of you.”

As soon as this was said, Liam’s mother immediately became impatient, You’re in your twenties. Look at Andrew, he had his grandson last year. Also, I am in good health! Now a days a random marriage costs hundreds of thousands of dollars in bride price, so if I don’t come to work, when will you be able to raise the money to marry your wife….”

Liam really had no choice, “Mother, don’t worry. I promise you to bring your daughter-in-law back within three years, so that you can have grandson.”

“No”. Liam’s mother looked away.

It seemed that it was non-negotiable. He smiled.

Ten minutes later, to the downstairs of his home, the building was an old one. The house he rented had three rooms and one living room, and it was quite spacious. But the greedy landlord charged a thousand for rent, and other expenses. There was little left of the salary when it was not at the end of the month.

As soon as he reached stairwell, a men in glasses ran down from the stairs as if he was running for his life, almost scrambling away, looking messed up. Seeing him Liam came up from below, the man stopped and grinned, “it’s too hot in the house. I go out for breathing freely….”

As soon as the man finished speaking, a shoe flew down the stairs and hit the man right on the bridge of the nose. He blinked twice and his nose bled out. “You’ve one more day, if you don’t pay your rent, I’ll throw all your stuff out on the street.

At the stairway, the landlord crossed her arms like a shrew, pointing at the man and scolding hand. Seeing the other shoe shoes thrown over again, the man was stunned, then ran downstairs quickly.

Liam was shocked and thought that he didn’t pay the rent this month. He might be beaten by the landlord. But, after the landlord saw him, the anger on her face suddenly disappeared, and said with a smile, “Hey, isn’t this Liam? What’s up, you’re off work so early today.”

The landlord saw Liam’s mother, and with a twinkle in her eye, she pulled Liam’s mother and said, “You’re Liam’s mother! I really envy you, having such a promising son…”

Liam was little confused. Since he moved here, the landlord could treat him well. The reason was simple. He had to delay paying the rent for a week every month.

And he hadn’t pay this month’s rent yet.

Was she abnormal today? He was completely confused. Not only did she not push him to pay the rent, she also praised him.

Seeing his mother’s happy face, he really couldn’t bear to interrupt the landlord.

After he entered the house, he was shocked. The hall that was still full of dirty clothes before he left. But how tidy it was now, and on the floor, he could still see his reflection.

There was a sound of frying from the kitchen.

Was it Maxwell coming over?

Liam took a glass of water to his mother and was about to go in to see what was going on when Paisley came out of the kitchen, carrying a bowl. She carefully placed the dishes on the hall table, “Auntie, you’re here.”

Liam was blue, since she hadn’t left yet. How would he explain to his mother later.

Liam’s mother nodded, and after looking carefully at Paisley. She was looking unhappy and she didn’t speak after greeting Paisley.

Liam panicked and explained, “She’s the nanny I hired.”

As soon as he said that, a murderous aura immediately appeared in Paisley’s look. If it wasn’t Liam’s mother being here, she would have taken out a kitchen knife from the kitchen and hacked Liam to death.

Presumably, Paisley was carefully dressed up, and Liam’s mother looked very satisfied.

“My mother is hungry, hurry up and bring the dishes over.”

Liam looked like an old landlord and wealthy man, “Hey you!”

Paisley was furious, full of murderous anger, and stared at Liam and walked towards the kitchen.

Liam grinned and walked away. She was still a little newbie to him. He was sure that it would not be more than three days, she would pack up and leave without his forcing.

At the table, Paisley had just taken out her chopsticks and was about to reach into the plate to clip the food, Liam said sternly, “My mother is tired from riding in the car for a day. She’ll rest later. You go clean the room.”

“You…. “Paisley now hated to stab him to death with a chopstick.

Liam’s mother glared at Liam, then smiled at Paisley, “Ignore him, come, eat more.” Saying that she put a piece of meat into the Paisley’s bowl.

“Thank you ,Auntie.” Paisley showed a winning smile towards Liam.

At night, he lay in bed and was unable to sleep. He was thinking about how to get rid of Paisley, and if he let her stay on, she would make a scene in the house.

He got up from his bed and looked outside through the door of his room, only to see his mother sitting on the sofa watching TV and Paisley giving her a massage on her shoulder, “Auntie, are you comfortable?”

“Well!” Mother nodded, showing a sweet smile.

He couldn’t help but reveal a bitter smile. If his own mother liked Paisley, it would probably be difficult to drive her away later.

No, before mother didn’t like her so much now, he had to think of a way to get a rid of her. Otherwise, there was no way to live a life like this.

When he woke up the next morning, he found that both his mother and Paisley were not at home.  His face turned pale. Paisley wouldn’t have abducted her mother, would she!

Walking to the window, pulling open the curtains to look outside, he saw that Paisley and his mother were in the square of the residential area, laughing and talking, and he was little confused.

He was not sure what kind of “Conspiracy trick” Paisley had used, since she made his mother so happy.

Liam spent five minutes brushing his teeth, washing his face, and eating breakfast.

When he got to the stairwell, his phone rang. It was from Mr. Lau.

2