A Flash of the past.
161 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Discontent Snarl*

'For now, she will live, you prove to be wrong then she will die.'

 

"Avoiding the issue again? Aldrucas, you will accept who you are soon, after all, the Dragons need a leader."

 

'Until I gain my first Mutasis I'm a free man, I will change very soon as I saw as a child. For now, I have no name.'

 

"A short time indeed, feed the pup a bit of your blood, your bloodlust is building again, we need to conquer the city quickly, into the fort."

 

'I thought I told you to sleep old man, so sleep.'

 

Begrudgingly the commander knelt and feed the wolf a small amount of his blood, slowly a cocoon surrounded her, seeing that the effects of his blood were successful, the commander shook his head and smashed his way through the blockades and towards the inner keep.

 

<Pov Change, Gremory, Noble Estates.>

 

"Men enter the buildings in a sweeping formation, first we check for any people. once the first sweep is done, go through again grabbing anything of value. Remember women and children are to be detained not harmed, Am I clear? Detained and not harmed."

 

Gremory took a long look around him as his men began sweeping the countless mansions of the noble estate, his mind drawing itself back to the massive slums at the front of the city, like most countries, the rich got their wealth off of the backs of the poor. His mind flashed to the sight of his mother starving to death in the slums of the Tusont Empire, the look on her face as she forced him to eat the remains of their food, accepting that she was done for, praying that someone would find and take care of her son.

Years passed as the malnourished boy made a name for himself as a dagger-wielding thief, Midknight, his next assignment was to rob a noble estate like the ones in front of him, an infamous estate belonging to the Gremory family. Thought to be devil worshipers, they often kidnapped children and young women from the slums to sacrifice them for gruesome rituals, the object Midnight was sent to steal was their ritual dagger, little did the young thief know that a famous Mercenary company known as the Dragon's Fury was also assaulting the estate that very night.

During the mass confusion, the small thief entered and left the estate with ease, prying the dagger from a dead priest's hands, smiling to himself, he walked into his home, to find a man with a large robe over his armour waiting for him. On instinct the young thief charged the man, his daggers went straight for his eye's, the man didn't flinch as the daggers made contact with him before snapping down to the hilt.

The man smiled at Midnight and said" Brave Kid, I assume you do not know who I am or the true value of that dagger on your waist right? Well, its safe to say that you and that dagger now belong to me. Do not worry, I have exterminated the Gremory family, had a contract to deal with some Devil worshipers, you know how much the church pays for easy work like this? Enough to fund an army big enough to siege a city, Heretics are the scary ones though right?" 

Midnight began to panic, backing away rapidly, his hands still glued to the broken daggers, he turned to run out of the home but a tall woman was blocking his retreat smiling at him, she said" My name is Merra, that man there is my husband, you see little one, we are Dragons, he mutated his skin into scales to test you, we need your help. We are mercenaries, as he said, we need capable people and you sir are quite good as a thief however my husband seems to think you would make a better commander."

The man got up from his chair, starling Midnight, he instantly appeared behind him and said" From this day forwards little, one, you are called Gremory, the second in command of the Dragon's Fury, my apprentice. You will learn how to command and fight from me, my wife over there will give and eduction worth of a noble. You may ask why you? You have the ability, you are young enough to adapt to a new fighting style and finally, you were like the old me, alone."

Breaking out of his memories Gremory smiled, muttering " I have learnt so much from him, the two sides needed of a soldier, the cold destructive beast while you are at war and the kind and caring Human at times of peace."

"Ow you little shit, you stabbed me."

Gremory sighed to himself and entered the nearby house, he froze for a second before he broke out into laughter, inside the room, a small girl was wielding a blunt knife, throwing herself at his lieutenant.

"Percy, just you wait till Anna hears how a small girl pierced your armour, you're done for."

The man became panicked, binding the girl, he quickly turned to Gremory, 

"Please do not tell her, anything but that, I will never hear the end of it, please boss, I'm begging you"

Walking past Percy, Gremory looked at the girl, seeing a familiar look in her eye, he bent down to her eye level and asked "Where is your family?"

The Girl glared and him before she snarled" Killed by the nobles."

"Your name?"

The Girl paused before she said," I do not have one."

"Your name from now on is Midnight, I will take you under my wing as my apprentice, you will serve as mine and my master's eyes and ears. I will ask his grace to train you and her Grace to educate you."

Gremory unbound the girl and left the house with her, turning to Percy he said" Continue the sweep, you better hope you get back to Anna before I do."

 

 

 

This chapter is a little pace breaking however I feel like I need to flesh out both the world and the characters, I hope that this chapter does that even if a little bit. All the side/main characters will get chapters explaining how and why they were incorporated into the company. In doing this I also hope to build the character of the Mc after all he will be the main reason as to why all of them are brought into the fold. Below is a map of Vetusa.

 

3