Chapter 1
124 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The vision that I can see now is something different from my previous 'human's eyes'. I could see 360º without any obstacles and I could switch between 1st POV and 3rd POV at will. And this vision is even greater, I could even see the dust particles floating around in the air. This is something that's unimaginable to my previous human self.

 

But this is not without problems, the world that I could see through this vision is all black and white. I could perceive the object shapes and forms but not the color. And I can't see something underground, this vision can't penetrate through the object and the radius of this vision is around dozen meters at best.

 

Beyond my field of vision is an area of darkness. The impenetrable darkness. It seems to be the limit of my vision.

 

My focus shifted to my body, or should I say the cell. I'm a white blood cell from a drop of blood of an unknown being that seems to be called Arcanas. I happen to be one amongst millions of cells in this blood that gain sentient by the memory from my past self.

 

I don't have the memory of Arcanas, not even know where am I, how am I here, and what is going on.

 

However, I know that I need to survive in this current situation. The cell's lifespan in this drop of blood was a few days at best. If I can't find a way to survive then I'll die as a cell.

 

I opened the Infinite Evolution System again.

 

"True Name: Arcanas Mobius Uther...(250+ words)"

"Level of Evolution : 1 / 108,364(+1 / +300)"

"Energy Reserves: 1,931 oz"

"Weakness#1 No Limbs(4,000 oz)"

"Weakness#2 Limited Field of Sight(500 oz)"

.

.

.

"Weakness#108,364 Limited Lifespan(500,000 oz)"

 

I read all the information again. My energy reduced by 100 oz and My weaknesses increased by 300. This seems to be the weaknesses of my eyesight.

 

If I have more energy then I would like to eliminate 'Limited Field of Sight' immediately but not now. I need to gain a stable supply of energy first. I read through the list and found some interesting weaknesses that I could eliminate.

 

Weakness#1,245 Can't Photosynthesis(1,000 oz), Weakness#8,978 No Oxygen Transporter(4,000 oz), Weakness#8979 Need Energy to Survive(10,000 oz).

 

There're more but the thing that I need the most is this.

 

Weakness#9,999 Can't infect other cells(1,000 oz).

 

An ability to infect other cells. Infected and produce, this is what I want right now. It's faster to gain energy from infecting than photosynthesis and as I have only one cell, the risk is too high and almost no chance to survive.

 

I need to reproduce myself first.

 

[ Removing Weakness: Can't infect other cells ]

 

Heat run through my body as I could feel my function as a cell changed. It's the feeling of betraying my own country and allied with the enemy. My size becomes smaller and I could feel there's another new ability besides the function of a white blood cell.

 

Ability to infect another cell.

 

Fortunately, there're millions of cells lying around me. I penetrate the nearest cell beside me and started absorbing the energy immediately.

 

"Energy Reserves +0.1 oz"

 

My energy increased as my cell began to reproduce and...exploded.

 

The exploded cell penetrates another cell, reproduce, explode, and infect more cell. The process is fast and those cells have no resistance at all. It seems that these cells still recognized me as a white blood cell and don't even do anything even though they have the ability to resist.

 

Well, even if they resisted it's not like they will survive anyway.

 

As time passed, all the cells in this drop of blood are my cell. And all the energy contains in this blood is also mine.

 

"Energy Reserves +570 oz"

 

I look at the energy that I received and find it weird. The energy that I contained in a single cell is more than thousands of oz but those cells that I devour only have a decimal oz and most of them were used to reproduce my cell.

 

Even some white blood cell that I found has around single-digits of oz at most.

 

I can only think that too much time has passed and those energies have already dispersed.

 

Hmm, well there's nothing I can do about it. I opened the system and eliminated my limited field of sight. My vision was interrupted and darkness welcomes me. After a few minutes, I regain my vision again but this time the images that I could see is different.

 

The sun.

 

A black and ominous sun hovers above me. I could see and sense a dark depressing and cold light shine upon me. It's hard to describe this sun but it's like the center of all negative emotions. All the darkness, despair, sorrow, and pain are gathered into the black sun.

 

And at this time, I can finally see the new world with my eyes.

 

Cracked black earth filled with blood, the forest filled with human-faced trees and numerous human head insects, a pool of black disgusting wastewater, a group of humanoid beings, the black clouds that rained acid everywhere, and the black sun that was above all of this.

 

This is like a place for Hell.

 

I think while looking at those humanoid beings. My vision has grown stronger and since there's no limit to my field of sight, I can look beyond the normal limit of the living organisms but the further it is the more blurry my vision is. It seems that there's still a limit to it. If I could eliminate this weakness then I think that I could look through all the Hell or even further beyond the space but that would cost too much energy for now.

 

Anyway, looking at the humanoid beings, I find it weird that they can survive under acid rain and act like it's an everyday occurrence. I can't measure their height accurately because I don't know how much different the size I'm now to a normal me.

 

But it's shorter than half of the human-faced tree around their area. Their muscles are bulging and probably contain more strength than even the strongest being on Earth.

 

I don't know if Arcanas were stronger than them, weaker than them, or the same species as them but they're my perfect target.

 

I decided to control some of my cells to ride the dust particles. This is for the scenario where even if all of my cells died, some of the cells that ride those dust particles will still survive.

 

I looked at my system again, with my energy I could grow limbs at will but it'll probably look weird and unnecessary for now.

 

Right now, I need the carriers.

 

Rodents, birds, insects, water, livestock, anything is fine. Just some creature that will take this drop of blood in their body.

 

But a drop of blood might not be appetizing for these hell creatures since there's a ground covered in a pool of blood everywhere. Then I just need to make something more appetizing.

 

[ Removing Weakness: Can't Create Scent ]

 

I removed the weakness of not be able to create scent then using some energy to create a specific scent. I don't know what scent would attract hell creatures but what I need to do is just a little combination.

 

I create, combine, and spread those scents around while looking at the reaction of those hell creatures. The first creature that reacts to my scent is a human head insect.

 

Their face is twisted in a sinister grin while their eyes were just blank sockets. It laughed in a voice that I could not hear but it'll probably be able to make an adult man cry. three of these kinds of insects flown to me.

 

The first insect has an old man's face, blank socket eyes, no ears, no nose, no teeth, bald. Its face was full of wrinkles with the mouth of a fly instead of a human's tongue.

 

The second is the woman without makeup on her face.

 

The last is the bald child's head. It has no sinister grin like the old man's head but it contains some kind of indescribable horror in it. The child seems to be always making noises like asking for the milk with that insect body.

 

These flies have a larger body than the fly on Earth. It's probably the size of a dog when compared to those humanoid beings.

 

Three of them fighting for a drop of blood for a while and the winner seems to be the woman without makeup. I watched as the women ate the blood.

 

And so, it became my first carrier.

 

So I don't know the right amount I should give when MC ate all the cells in the blood because it's just a single drop of it so it shouldn't have too much energy and it can't have too low either. If you have any problem with its amount I can edit it later.

This chapter is 1,460 words.

0