Secret Valentine Part Two: Fear of Heights
151 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Claire gets to the Ferris Wheel and frantically looks around. She goes in one of the cabins and sits down, trying to look natural among the other park-goers. As it starts to move she picks up her phone and tries to track down the source of transmission. Her theory was that there was some sort of relay at the top of the wheel.

As she got closer to the top she took a quick glance at the roller coaster at the other side. It looked fine, until someone dropped onto the cars from the rails and tried to strike someone just sitting there. After a second, Claire makes the realization. They must be attacking Ash.

Moving quickly, the spy pulls out a pair of binoculars and confirms her suspicions. Being unable to do anything, her heart races as she stares at the fight. She considers calling her no the communicator, but it would distract her from the fight. She averts her attention back to the wheel right in time to dodge an incoming punch.

- Woah! What’s your problem?! - The agent shouts at the lady that tried to hit her.

- Just business. - The lady responds, striking once again.

Claire is able to dodge her punches and block the kicks, defending herself from a swift and seemingly endless barrage of attacks. The cabin shakes as the two jump and spin around, especially once the attacker gets thrown onto the wall and pinned down. All of a sudden, they hear the voice of a man that neither of them had noticed until now.

- Hey, I don’t want to interrupt. But I’m scared of heights. Can you please not shake this thing too much?

The few seconds both of them stared at him were enough for the strange woman to get the upper hand and push away the agent. She pulls out a taser and cracks her knuckles.

- Why did you even get in the Ferris Wheel if you’re scared of heights. - The lady said before lunging at the spy with her taser.

- Well, it was kinda supposed to be a face your fears thing, but I wasn’t expecting whatever this is.

Look, - Claire says while wrestling for the woman’s weapon. - I would advise you to start small.

- Yeah. This was supposed to be a big step but now I think I’m just traumatized.

The attacker misses another lunge, giving the spy the perfect opportunity to turn her own weapon against her and quickly throw her to the ground, knocking her unconscious. She breathes deeply and regains her composure before tying the woman up and turning back to the man in the cabin.

- Well, good luck with your whole fear thing. Sorry for the turbulence.

- That’s ok.

Both of them stand in complete silence for a few seconds while Claire waits for the wheel to get to the highest point. Once it finally does, it saves her from the awkwardness by allowing her to investigate a strange device that was confirmed to be a signal interceptor. They had been hearing to their conversations this whole time, that’s how they knew where to send the attackers.

She grabs it with one hand and smashes it. All she can do now is wait for the wheel to get back to the ground, and hope that Ash won her fight as well.

--

Abraham slams his hand against the chair and screams in pain.

- Ow! Come on! How do they do this? They already took out one of our-

- Wait. - Valentine gets up from her chair and stares at the body cameras of her now defeated agents. - Those spy ladies are actually pretty cute. Also you suck at hiding these devices.

Abraham opens his mouth to say something in protest but quickly closes it, realizing she is not at all wrong.

- If they do make it into the tunnel of love together it will be pretty... Interesting.

- Uhh... - He looks left and right. - You mean you’re gonna fight them, right?

- Yeah. But maybe I could also... - She stares into the screens for a little more before letting out her evil laugh. - I got an idea...

End of part 2

1