Chapter 1: The Beginning
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You sure you're okay locking up tonight, David?" A man asked his young co-worker. He then looked at the starry night sky, as the cloud moved away, revealing a full moon. He looked down on his wrist, checking his watch to confirm that it was indeed, nearing midnight. He and David had been working at an electronic tv repairer center with seven other people and the closing hours was 12 in the night but the other never stay past nine o'clock, leaving him and David alone to clean up and quickly finish the job. But tomorrow at 2 am is his wife's birthday and he wants to go home.

"Don't worry about it. I love fixing things and you know that. Tomorrow is your wife's birthday, right? Go home and meet her, show her you love her more than your job. Besides, I doubt you want to fix all these TVs that the client wants tomorrow and get shouted at?" David while continued working on the tv before he gestured to three TVs that were in the corner of the room.

The last customer was a well-known man around here and always bring in many TVs and demand it done by the next day despite knowing it won't be done. But the good thing is that if it is done by the next day, he will pay two times the payment. David saw that if he is alone, he would be able to fix all 4 TVs by midnight, tomorrow, that around the time the client comes to pick up the tv.

"Really, how would our work ever get done without you? You literally do 80% of the fixing done in this shop. I owe you a dinner, man. See you on Monday then, I will be off tomorrow to spend time with my wife and family. Don't die on me or something like that until then, hahaha, you have more work to do. Bahahaha..." The man said with a forced laugh, pitying David. They always leave all the work for him and leave early. And what he said was true, 80% of the work done is done by David staying overtime to finish it. "I am serious, don't die on me." 0

"Ok, I don't plan on dying so young either way. Seeya later. Just close the gate after you, I don't want no disturbance." David responded a bit plain. 

After the man left, closing the door behind him, he immediately grinned and went over to all the tv in the shop. Truth be told, he already fixed all TVs in the shop and lied he hasn't fixed it just for when he is alone at night. Every night, he connects all TVs to show one picture and play games using his ps4.

 He doesn't like going home as he knew that nothing was waiting for him there, nothing except his online game-addicted older sister. Besides, David wants to use this time to have some fun before going to his depressing house. I mean, all these TVs are free to use so why won't they? And if he gets caught, he will just say he was testing if the tv works correctly. 

Naturally, David had parents. Well, if you could call them that. He had never met his father, and his mother... well, they were hardly on speaking terms. 

He once had a girlfriend but they, unfortunately, broke up when she went away for college. So yeah, the thing that he only to remove his boredom was play games, using the tv that came in for fixing, and the ps4 he bought with his money. He won't be taking it home as if he did, his sister will take it as she always wanted one. He also can't move out as he is not too confident in living alone and having to pay all his bills.

After he was done connecting the TVs, he went to the closet and brought out his ps4 hidden behind multiple TVs that the owners never came back to collect so they keep it and use it for spare parts. 

He took it and connected it to the tv before immediately putting on his currently best game, inFamous second son. He has finished the story mode and cleared the entire map for both good Karma and Bad Karma.

He put on the game and started playing the game. This time around, he will try to have both good and evil karma equal. As he is playing the game, enjoying himself, half of the coveted TVs suddenly went black, making him only see some of what he is playing. Cursing under his breath, he went to the back of them and started fixing the connection, an enormous blue screen flashed before his eyes.

[Test Apocalypse has launched]

1