Chapter 4 – Bye, little brother (Rewrite)
163 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Here we are, brother” Nur leash our ride in a nearby tree while I stand in front of the massive pyramid before me. “What’s wrong, brother?” Nur asked, worried. “Nothing, let’s go inside. Prepare your equipment; after all, we never know what we’ll face inside. We are dealing with the Jackals, after all,” I shook this uneasy feeling and entered the temple with Nur. My bad feeling became stronger as we moved near it, and once inside, we were greeted by no one.

 

“Are you okay, brother? You’re not well after all. Shall we go back?” Nur asked, concerned about me. “No, it’s fine, I’m fine. Let us explore this place. I don’t believe this place is fully empty,” I replied. As we explored the place, I found it weird that the supposed hideout of the Jackals was all empty. “Weird…” Nur squinted his eyes. “Yeah, something is off about this place,” I nodded. “Don’t let your guard down, brother,” Nur reminded. As we explored the place, we made it into a wide open space. “Hmm? Watch out, brother!” Nur shouted. “Child’s play,” I raised my hand, “Light, protect me!” a transparent white light appeared in front of me in the form of a shield. My shield blocked the arrows that were shot at us completely. “Ambush!” Nur yelled while brandishing his spear from his back and enlarging his body.

 

Suddenly, I saw a minotaur coming from above, swinging its large blade downwards. “Die!” Nur thrust his spear, piercing through the minotaur. Not only the minotaur, I felt something approaching our back quickly. “Not today, spider!” I arched my back and blasted a light energy wave at the approaching enemy. The figure of a human with the bottom half of a spider appeared from the darkness. It screamed in agony as my blast tore its body to pieces. “This is not good, Nur. We will be surrounded at this rate,” I said as I felt a bunch more monsters approaching us. “Now, now, why the hurry to leave?” a distorted voice resounded from behind. “Jackal Head!” Nur growled.

 

“The one and only, Jackal Head, at your service,” Jackal Head bowed with a bird-like monster latched on his left shoulder. I observed my surroundings before clicking my tongue, “Tch, this is a trap,” I uttered. “Clap, clap. Bravo! As expected from the successor of the Golden Sands,” Jackal Head sarcastically said. “How did you do it? How did you fool His Majesty?” I asked while biting my lower lips. “Fooling His Majesty? Why? I would never do that….” Jackal Head said with a playful tone. “Brother….” Nur poked my sides. “I know, there are more monsters on the way. We are genuinely very trapped,” I let out a wry chuckle. “That, you two are. Today will be the day you two die. You two have been a thorn in my sides long enough,” Jackal Head clicked his fingers, “Sick ‘em, boys!”

 

“Roar!” the monsters let out a deafening roar as they charged toward us. “Together, brother!” Nur said. “Yeah, we will survive this together,” I steeled myself. Light shone through my eyes, “Light, destroy my enemies!” my hands glowed white as I sent out energy blasts toward the approaching enemy. “Aargh!” Nur grew big, and with a single sweep of his spear, he managed to cleave multiple monsters into two.

 

“Come and get it!”

 

===

 

“Hah, hah, hah,”

“Are you alright, brother?” Nur asked, stoically standing with his spear upright. “I-I’m fine, hah hah, I’m fine,” I replied. “Good,” Nur nodded; he pointed his spear at Jackal Head, “Your monsters are all dead. You’re next, Jackal Head.”

 

“Hahahaha! Amazing, really amazing! To think the monsters I prepared were not enough to deal with you two. This really broadened my horizon,” Jackal Head manically laughed, “As expected of the man who carried the blessing of Horus.”

 

“You got nowhere to run. Surrender, Jackal Head,” I said after composing my breath. “Oh, I think you are mistaken here. The ones who got nowhere to run are the two of you,” Jackal Head spreads his arms wide. “Hm!? Fuck me,” I let out a curse as another wave of monsters approached us. “This doesn’t look good, brother,” Nur somberly said. “Yeah, I didn’t expect that there would be so many,” I squinted my eyes.

 

“Where is your earlier bravado?” Jackal Head taunted, “Like I told you earlier, this place will be your grave.”

 

===

 

“Get out of the way, Nur!” I shoved Nur to the side, taking a slash from the blade of a minotaur. “Brother!” Nur yelled. “Die, bastard!” Nur brandished his spear, piercing the minotaur’s heart. “Are you alright, brother?” Nur asked. “Don’t worry about me; this is but a scratch. Watch out!” I extended my hand forward, letting out an energy blast at a monster behind Nur. “Tch, this just doesn’t end,” I clicked my tongue.

 

“What do we do, brother?”

 

I observed my surroundings, looking left, right, up, and down. “Is that the only way…” I muttered. “What is it, brother?” Nur asked. “I have a plan. But for this plan to work, you need to trust me, Nur,” I said. “I always trust you, brother,” Nur said. “Good. Now, go as big as you can,” I said. “Argh!” Nur grunted as his body got even bigger. “Smash the ground, Nur!” I gathered my energy in my palms. “Light, blind my enemy,” I chanted. Then, the light on my hands flashed brightly. “Hahaha, what are you planning, o’ child of Horus?” Jackal Head said calmly as the light blinded him.

 

Then, with a loud boom, the platform where Nur and I were standing was destroyed, thanks to Nur’s immense strength. “Brother, where are you?” as we were falling, Nur searched for me blindly. I grabbed his hand, and with every ounce of my power, I threw Nur up high to the ceiling. “Live, Nur. Live and protect the tribe,” I muttered. Using the last bit of my strength, I gathered all of my power in my hands. “Ha!” I let out an energy blast at Nur’s back, blasting him out of the pyramid.

 

“No, brother, no!” I could hear Nur screaming as my consciousness left my body.

 

===

 

2013, Greenwich University, London, England

 

A crew of what seemed like government agents can be seen cleaning the place after what appeared to be a massive battle. A young and handsome agent dropped his pack purposely as he said to his team with an annoyed look, “Don’t say I never give you anything.”

 

A Scottish man, holding some kind of detector, said sarcastically, “Checking for alien signature one tiny rock at a time.”

 

The handsome agent replied, “A necessary precaution. Don’t want anything alien getting into the wrong hands.”

 

The Scottish man scoffed, “Still, this is definitely a work that a monkey can easily do.”

 

The handsome agent leaned on a sofa, smirked, and said to the Scottish man, “You are our little monkey.”

 

Then 3 more agents walk by, 2 women and 1 man, holding on to another pack full of rubble

The younger woman spoke, “So, Asgardians are aliens that visited us more than a thousand years ago….”

“Or more,” said the older man

“And because we couldn’t understand aliens, we thought they were god?” continued the younger woman

“That’s where Norse mythology comes from,” replied the older man while observing another pile of rubble.

 

Annoyed at how many rubbles there were, the older man grumbled, “You know, it would be nice if Thor and his people send a God of Cleaning up for themselves. They probably have uh, magic broom or something that makes this thing disappear.”

 

“I just wish they would’ve left their alien ship behind,” the younger woman said

“So we could clean that up too?” replied the older woman sarcastically

“No. So we could go inside, take a peek at what’s under there and maybe take it for a spin.”

The older woman shakes her head

“What? You’re telling me you don’t want to try flying an alien ship for a change?”

“I cannot think of a single time anything alien ended up on human hands ended well,” said the older man while handing a piece of rubble to the young woman to pack.

“You’re no fun, Coulson.”

“Yeah, well, try getting a blast from an Asgardian Scepter, then you could….”

 

Before Coulson could finish, a loud crash happened inside the building they were on

 

“What is that?” said the older woman, vigilant

“I don’t know. I hope the Dark Elfs didn’t come back claiming their things,” said Coulson, reaching for his gun “Skye, go to Ward and Fitz, and tell Ward to rendezvous with us at location while you and Fitz go to safety.”

“Aye aye,” said the younger woman, Skye, while darting out of there

“May you know what to do.”

The older woman, May, readied up her guns and nodded to Coulson. “Right”

 

===

 

‘Urgh, what happened?’ I groaned as I tried to stand up,

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

 

Startled, I looked around in the direction of the voice and found a black man, with an eye patch over his right eye, accompanied by a beautiful but tough-looking woman.

 

“Where am I?” I groaned again, feeling my ribs hurt even though all I did was speak.

“Arabic? Adjusting translator,” Fury touched his ear. “You’re in SHIELD facilities in England,” Fury said, observing my every movement

“SHIELD?” Like Avenger SHIELD?

“You didn’t hear? We save the world a couple of times.”

The woman behind Fury rolled her eyes as her boss said that

 

I didn’t reply immediately, and I began observing my surroundings. I see air conditioning and various things that wouldn’t exist in my time. I guess I died again? Life couldn’t get any weirder, I say. One moment I’m fighting against monsters with my brother in Egypt; the next thing, I’m lying on a bed having a conversation with the big man himself, the one-eyed Nicholas J Fury.

 

“I hope Nur is okay,” I unconsciously murmured

“What did you say?”

“Uh, nothing.”

 

“Um, how did I get here?” I asked. I’m curious about that. The last thing I remember was I blasted my brother with a massive energy blast before falling into a hole. I somehow end up in SHIELD facilities and being watched by Nick Fury, of all people.

 

“You fell through the sky,” I assume the woman was Maria Hill as there’s no other woman who would accompany Nick Fury asides from her.

 

“Through the sky?”

 

“Yes, you fell through the sky, wearing some bronze, Arabic battle armor,” Fury explained with interest. “Who are you really? Not every day that you get to clean up dark elf’s mess and another one landed from the sky.”

 

“Arabic? Wait… QUICK, bring me a mirror.”

“Here you go” Maria Hill hands me a mirror, still keeping composure despite my panicked self

 

I see myself in the mirror; it is me, me from Egypt. This means… I time travel? Wait, if Nick Fury and Maria Hill were in front of me now, and judging by their appearance, it was their MCU counterpart. Does that mean I’m always in the MCU?

 

“What’s wrong? Anything wrong with your appearance?” Fury asked with interest

“Nothing; I’m surprised that a mirror can be so small” I put aside the mirror.

“Hooah. So, what’s your name?” Fury asked

“Abin Aman Surr”

“Arabic. I presume you are an Egyptian?”

“Yes, I am,” I replied.

 

 

“Anyway, thank you for saving me. Unfortunately, I have to go back to save my brother; he needs me” I bowed towards Fury and Maria Hill. I tried to stand up but fell to the floor instead. Perfect acting me, surely even Nick Fury believes my acting, right? I planned on doing an act so as to not arouse more suspicion on Nic Fury. But the part where I fell down is not an act; it still does hurt trying to stand up. Maria Hill helped me back up and sat me down on the bed while Fury continued to observe me.

 

“That, my good sir, I’m afraid it is not possible,” Fury said calmly. “What do you mean it’s not possible? Please, let go of me; my brother needed me,” I yelled, ignoring my pain as I headed straight through the door, opening it by force. The one that greets me as I open the door is not what I expected. My mouth gaped open as I was not expecting that I would awake on top of the Heli-Carrier itself. The movie was not doing the real thing justice.

 

“Welcome to the future, Abin Aman Surr” Fury approaches my surprised self from behind along with Maria Hill.

1