Chapter 12
335 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” Jasper Sitwell screamed, getting thrown from a skyscraper in New York is a scary experience. Luckily, the one that throw him, doesn’t want him dead yet as a certain handsome black man with metallic wings picked him up just before he hit the floor

 

“Zola algorithm is a program, for choosing Insight target” Sitwell said, scared out of his life

“It makes sense” I nodded

“What makes sense?” Steve looked at me, confused

“Well, Nick Fury told you about Project Insight? The one where they tried to stop the war even before it happened?”

“Yeah, and?”

I scoffed “The algorithm is to identify the Insight target for HYDRA. Their enemy and potential threats and eliminate them even before they became a threat” I grabbed Sitwell in the collar “The target could be anyone, right agent? From an average man even to children” I stared at Sitwell with hate “And you could eliminate them in seconds” my voice goes deeper

 

“SCUM” I throw Sitwell down to the ground

 

Steve, Nat, Sharon and Sam’s expression turned grim. “If so, we need to stop it” said Nat

“We do” I grin at that

“I’m assuming you have a plan?” Oh Sharon, you know me so well even though we just met

The curl on my lips turned wider by the second “First, we need a car”

 

Somewhere in the world, Nick Fury Hide Out

 

“Sir, please. You’re not authorized” some SHIELD agent is trying to stop one man from entering one of their secret facilities

 

“I don’t care. Now, where is that bastard Nick Fury?” said a goatee man, demanding to meet Nick Fury

 

“But sir”

 

“Let him in” Maria Hill appears in the shadow, allowing the man to go in

“Huh, you spy always wanted the cool entrance. You did that, deliberately right?”

Maria Hill rolled her eyes “The director is waiting for you”

Tony scoffed “You’re no fun. Right, how is he by the way? I heard he got hurt bad”

“He is. Hurt bad” Maria Hill led Tony to Nick Fury room “Come in”

 

Tony went in and see THE spy in front of him. The once mighty Nick Fury now rest on a hospital bed, with bandages everywhere

 

“Tony” Fury greeted

“Nick”

“Fury” Fury corrected “Call me Fury”

Tony snickered “Fine, Nick”

“You’re doing this on purpose” Fury sigh “I assume Surr told you where I am?”

“Gotta hand it to him. Being a man from another time, he’s quite smart”

“He is. That’s why I want him to be an insurance. I didn’t expect him to be involved” Fury tried to sit up, but groaned in pain “Why are you here?”

“I’ve got some info” Tony finds a chair to sit “Surr visited STARK Industries a while back” he leaned his back “Guess what I’ve found?”

“Project Insight target?” Fury squinted his eye

“A lot more”

 

Road to Triskelion

 

Inside the car, Sam Wilson is driving with Sitwell sitting behind him surrounded by Steve and Sharon while Black Widow sat at shotgun.

 

“HYDRA doesn’t like leaks”

“Then why don’t you try sticking a cork in it?”

“Insight launching in 16 hours” Nat said to Steve

“Like Surr said, we’ll use Sitwell’s credential to get access into the helicarriers directly” Sharon explained

“Do we have enough time though?” Sam asks

Before anyone could reply however, a metal arm breaks through the glass, trying to grab Sitwell. The one that caught it however, is the strong arm of Captain America.

 

“Not today” Steve grin and kicked the roof of the car, blasting it of alongside the Winter Soldier

 

The Winter Soldier then twisted his body midair, trying to stabilize himself then landed hard on the ground, causing fissure around it. Cap and the others got a good look at the man in front of them. He had a long black hair. He wears thermal goggles with mask covering his face. His metal arm stands out with a red star painted on the side.

 

Having already watched the movie, seeing him in real life is kind of amazing. Bucky Barnes, soldier turned assassins by HYDRA, having the same enhancement as Steve Rogers is standing before me. Where I am you asks? I’m flying above them. I can use my powers to enveloped myself so I can fly and be invisible. Don’t know how it works, but it does.

 

Seeing a black military SUV coming at my friends at high speed, I stood before it and undo my invisibility and stopped it with a punch. It flipped over multiple times before exploding. The Winter Soldier then begin engaging Steve and the others. I tried to intercept but I got intercepted myself when a chopper fired at me.

 

“Annoying flies” I gather my power in my hands and blasted them away “Light, blast them away” The chopper exploded, but a man flew from the chopper straight at me. He flew at such high speed that I couldn’t managed to stop him and got hit in the face. I flew a few meters but I just got up straight away. “Fuck, that hurts. Been a while since anybody managed to land a blow to me” I wiped the blood beside my mouth. Then, a few of his friends begin appearing. They all landed one by one, each having a centipede-like thing attached to their arms.

 

“More of you? Fine, BRING IT ON” I charge at them, excited. I may be raised with no freedom in my previous life, but there’s one thing that I always enjoyed even when I’m forced to do it. I enjoy a good fight.

 

Meanwhile, Black Widow and Agent 13 are running away from the Winter Soldier lackey

 

“You have more ammo?” Nat crouch on a nearby concrete for cover meanwhile Sharon is hiding behind a stone wall

“No, I don’t even bring a gun” Sharon complained. ‘How can I be so dumb thinking that this foldable staff be enough

“Then we need to wait a little while” Nat smiled at Sharon before pressing her ear “Sam, we need backup”

 

“Uh, a little busy here” Sam Wilson is flying with his falcon exo-suit, dodging and weaving from the heavy fire he’s taken from HYDRA goons. He takes out one goon before stealing his rifle and firing it towards the other goons before flying again.

 

“We’re on our own it seems” Sharon sigh before she remembered what Surr said. “The weapons have my powers imbued into it. Just swing it with intention and it will activate”

Sharon extended her staff; she looks at Nat “I’m going to try something” Nat nodded

 

She held the staff tightly and the staff lights out. She swung it at the enemy, causing a wide energy blast, flinging them away. “Huh” Nat watched, dumbfounded “Where did you find those?”

“Surr gave it to me”

“I want one”

 

==

 

Two men are fighting on top of a bus. One is wearing a shield and one have a metal arm. They both landed solid punches to each other but neither was willing to give up. The Winter Soldier punches Steve with all he had, only to be block by Steve’s shield. Steve didn’t come out unscathed however as his left arm was trembling slightly. Steve then throws a right hook before the Winter Soldier catches it with his left metal arm. But it’s only a distraction as Steve smacked the Winter Soldier right in the face using his shield, flinging him away. Steve wouldn’t let up as he kneed the Winter Soldier right in the stomach.

 

Not willing to be outdone, the Winter Soldier throws a couple of hooks at Steve in which Steve dodges two of them but get hit by the third one. Before going down however, Steve throws the shield, hitting the Winter Soldier right at the face, throwing his masks off.

Steve gets up, groaning. He sees his opponent but surprised filled his face because the man in front of him is someone he knows very well. The man was his best friend, his brother. The one who stuck by him no matter what happened. He remembered his best friend death just like yesterday, and yet, he stood still in front of Steve.

 

“Bucky?”

“Who the hell is Bucky?” the brainwashed Winter Soldier ask back, confused before getting hit by Sam Wilson.

 

“You alright Cap…” before Sam could finish however, a barrage of HYDRA agents are swarming the place

 

“Please surrender peacefully” said one of their officers

 

Black Widow and Agent 13 then get close to both Sam and Steve “What should we do?”

 

Another interruption however, happened as a suit of iron appears suddenly before them

 

“Hi Cap, missed me?” quipped Tony before he blasts one of HYDRA SUV. I then come from above, clad in my light, crashing in the middle of the pack “POWERBOM”

 

*BOOM* The ground caved, and several HYDRA members are either dead or incapacitated.

“Yo, old man” Tony greeted me

“Hello to you too, metal man” I greet back “We need to go”

“Right” Steve nodded before another black SUV appears right in front of them

 

The door opened, revealing Maria Hill “Come” Cap and the other get in the SUV then the SUV bolted straight away from the place.

 

I look at Tony, and smirked “Shall we?”

“We shall” we both jetted out from there, leaving a mess of HYDRA soldier and damages around the city.

9