1: It’s Hard (Unedited)
462 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aya... This situation sucks.". 

I sat on the ground holding a stick in my hand. Messing around with the leaves whom I scattered all around me.

The sunlight pierced through the canopy hitting me in the eyes. I don't like my situation at all. The place where I am now is strange and foreign. This place does not look like Earth at all. 

" The only thing I can guess is that I got lost in some other dimension or I am in some sick deliberate death game.". I made guesses but only making assumptions won't help my situation. I stood up and headed to the bushes. It was uncomfortable, itchy, and irritating. 

"I hope that If I am sent to another world, I get some sweet abilities.". I can't survive in a world of harshness. I have to admit that I heavily rely on modern appliances that I can't even cut wood without getting the scratchy sensation. 

I continued walking along in the bushes. There were several animals that I saw. All of which was very unfamiliar and looked magical in itself. "Wow! Now that looks like a magical beast.". 

The more I walked through the wilderness the more I felt anxious and curious. It was already in the afternoon and I didn't have anything with me. Even my personal belongings were gone. My brown shirt and blue trousers were the only things Intact.

I had to find a way to make a fire or else it's going to be a very harsh night. With just nothing but my clothes the only thing I can do is rub some sticks. 

I do hope that it will work so I can survive in this place. I picked up some sticks that were dispersed in the forest. Along with some leaves and timber so I can make the fire easily. 

After a while, I managed to gather plentiful sticks enough to keep a fire for the upcoming night. 

" Now… what am I gonna do?". 

Do I just rub sticks together?

Or do I just bash some rocks together?

Fuck it! I'll do whatever is easy.

I started with a large branch and two sticks. I rubbed it with friction only to realize it was a flop. Not only was I expending my weak body it also did not make a fire. 

This was the moment I realized my lack of outside knowledge. Damn! If I just had learned to make a fire this wouldn't be a problem! 

……

……

……

Wait! I can still make a fire!

I quickly grabbed the bark of a nearby dead tree. I instantly knew of another process of making a fire. A process of making a fire that I saw on the internet. 

Right!… If I used the bow and drill process this would be less effort but time-consuming!

I immediately started making natural cordage from the fibers of the dead tree. It took almost an hour but I pulled through and made a rope. I grabbed the most flexible stick I could find and make a bow. 

However, I could not see the sun and could only see the orange sky. I knew I had to be quick and fast before night comes. So I laid down the flattest branch I could find and looped the bowstring to my stick. I placed some timber and started sawing the branch back and forth. With the support of a socket to avoid wounds in my palm

For a while, I thought It wouldn't work but as I did it more I felt the smoke come through my nose. I Immediately stopped and blew it over and over again.

Until… 

It ignited

At that point, I was happy. I never thought I would be this delighted in front of a fire. However, my instincts came back through me and immediately placed me in a properly placed pile of dry wood I gathered. Once the fire was stagnant I sat there looking at the fire. 

"YES!". 

I did it, I was happy overall but it took me more time than it should have. Luckily I managed to make a fire before evening. Now I had nothing to do but contemplate. 

I calmed my body and racked up my mind to make a proper conclusion. In reality, however, I found survival to be quite boring. I had not eaten anything since I came here but as long as I find a water source I can survive. Then again this is the first time I experienced making a fire. I never thought it to be exhilarating in a tense situation like this. 

" Sigh*... It would have been easier If I had some power. Maybe a crafting system would suf…!!!

...

...

...

What the fuck?!".

Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?

Category: Tools 
Material: Wood
Station: Campfire
-----------------------------------------
Flint Axe
Cordage
Wooden Spear
Rope
Flint Knife
...

This is... An interface right in front of my eyes! I never thought that I would get something like this! 

Yeah! I can make things quite easier! I wonder if there are others?

"Status!". 

....

....

.... 

None? Maybe a shopping system or an inventory perhaps?

" Open Shop... Inventory!". 

Is it seriously none? Do I only get a crafting system? Not a leveling system... Come on this is a joke right?

...

...

...

...

"It is, so only a crafting system huh? Bah! Don't be angry Sino Koe! Sometimes life is very unjust.".

I calmed myself before reassuring my current situation. I felt very tired and wanted to lay on the ground and rest. Eventually, I just gave in and slept beside the campfire. Sleeping like a wonderful cute baby. 

------

I woke up and realized the campfire was messy. Footprints of an unknown animal can be seen on the ashes. This creeped me out a bit but I was able to gain my composure. 

" An animal? Luckily it's not some predator.". 

I stood up and removed the dirt in my red jacket. Sweeping the leaves on my messy black hair. Whilst checking my trouser pockets.

It seemed nothing was touched. It was refreshing but I wanted to focus on something today. Of course, it was about the crafting interface that appeared within my eyes. To prove whether it is a hallucination or reality. 

"Crafting System!". 

Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?

Category: Tools 
Material: Wood
Station: None
-----------------------------------------
Flint Axe
Cordage
Wooden Spear
Rope
Flint Knife
...

It appeared once again. Although it was not much I felt glad knowing yesterday was not some hallucination. Even then this system is already enough for me to survive. Tonight was just my greedy self appearing amid a situation. 

" Now what can I do.".

I clicked on the wooden spear tool. Only to realize there was a lack of resources. 

You cannot craft a Wooden spear(1)
Lacking resources: Wood(1)

Wood huh? 

I grabbed a long stick and held it in my hand. Expectedly it became craftable. The wooden spear text was in bold font. I clicked on it then another screen appeared.

You can now craft Wooden Spear(1).

With no basis whatsoever I just simply said."Craft". 

Then the wood in my hand suddenly shone and straightened itself to a figure of a spear. Finally, I knew that this power would be useful. Making things without any effort and instantaneous could prove that I can survive in this place. 

"The spear is quite smooth. A sharp edge and a pretty easy weapon to handle.".

Satisfied with the result, I immediately left the area in search of a proper clearing or a river. I felt the thirst and hunger but the water was more important

 I walked for about 10 minutes until I heard the flowing sounds of water. I shortly went to the sound of water hoping I could find freshwater. 

Even then I already knew I would be drinking fresh water. When I reached the river, I immediately dropped my spear and drank the freshwater. I lowered my head to the water to wash my face.

It might be dangerous but it was worth it to remove the thirst of my body. I washed my face only to taste the flavor of blood.

" Blood?". 

Then suddenly an object struck my head while drinking water. It was streaming through the river. I breathed and glanced left of me to see a body. A body with wounds and bloodstains its very ragged clothing. 

Shocked, I barely moved and stared at the body of a bloodied woman in her teens. I finally came back to reality when the screams of two children rang to my ear. I glanced back to see them running heading towards the direction of the body. 

One of them continued to chase the body while one young girl stopped by and said. 

"Please help us! Our sister's body is going downstream.".

I recognized it was the body before as such I ran due to instinct. 

Of course, I brought along the little girl and chased after the wounded teenager. I caught up with a little boy and prioritized reaching the girl. 

Running through the river I managed to catch the girl before she became lost. I brought her back upstream and saw the severe wounds on her torso. I checked her pulse and it was evident that she was still alive. 

I was scared, I didn't know what to do. I was sweating heavily before I realized that my shirt under the jacket could prove to be a bandage. I removed my jacket and ripped a large piece of cloth in my white shirt. I tightly pressed down the wounds to avoid further bleeding. The makeshift bandage was not good but enough to keep the blood from flowing out. 

I was still stressed out but I tried to soothe myself out and keep concentrated on the girl. 

The children immediately hugged the girl. Weeping in front of her knowing that she was safe. 

She was ok for now but later on, I have to find some herbs and disinfect her wounds. I hope the system can help me with this. 

 

Inconsistent word count.

Little Improvement in English

Yes still bad at it but I am a little confident. 

16