09 – Arrival at the Black Tower I
91 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the night, at Lord Ye's office.

 

The interior of the room was made of luxurious things. Mahogany custom-made shelves, limited edition hardbound books, expensive metal pens, etc. Except for the room's decorations being done in simplicity, the things inside were all priceless. 

 

Inside the room, only the lord of the Ye family, Ye Wuyi, his partner Qi Long and the Young Lord Ye Yueyi had gathered. Ever since the regression most decisions in the family are done with Ye Wuyi's permission. Qi Long as a doting husband listens to his wife unconditionally. The second young master also grew up asking opinions with his elder brother. This is why Ye Yueyi is right here to ask his elder brother's permission about something.

 

Ye Yueyi receives a cup of coffee his husband had passed to him.

 

"What is it that you guys wish to talk about?" asked Ye Wuyi while calmly drinking his coffee.

 

Qi Long urges the younger one to speak on their behalf. He wanted the young man to do the explanation on his behalf as the plan had come from him. 

 

Ye Yueyi said, "Gege, I wish to go to the Black Tower ahead of the others. I checked the place first, gather information before the official opening of the tower. With my special title as 'The Oracle', the system had given me a special authority that allowed me to access the Black Tower before it opened on Earth. One day in the tower is a week, in reality, I will try to return as soon as possible before the Black Tower comes online."

 

A slight frown appeared on Ye Wuyi's face, it a show of expression which is rare for his calm demeanor. He is worried about the safety of his younger brother. "Is there a possibility of danger?" asked Ye Wuyi.

 

"No. The person who could kill me doesn't exist. Not in this world and not in the other worlds." answered Ye Yueyi. "Gege, you can no longer treat me as a human. I am now stronger than any God from the other realm. Though with my title as 'The Oracle' I could still somewhat play the role of a talented player instead of being an inhuman one."

 

"I do not care if you are no longer a human or not. It would never change the fact that you are my younger brother. As for allowing you to go to the Black Tower using your special authority then go but I will only give you 3 days. Once 3 days have passed and you haven't returned home yet, I will ask your brother-in-law,  A'Long to bring me over there and bring you home regardless of the reason." said Ye Wuyi the serious expression on his face shows that he would not take no for an answer.

 

Seeing his elder brother's thoughts of worry, Ye Yueyi really believes that he has returned to the past when his life is the happiest yet controlled. This is the leader of their family. All decisions would need to get the approval of Ye Wuyi first before they get implemented. In his previous life, Ye Yueyi thought that doing this takes too much time and wastes resources only when he lost everything that he learned how important is the existence of the thing called a family.

 

A family might restrict your actions sometimes but there would always be a reason for it. Regardless of whether it is good or not. One must remember that only your family would never cause your harm no matter what you do. They are the only permanent ally you can have in the world. They would be on your side regardless of your choices.

 

Ye Yueyi's lips slightly hook up as accepted the conditions his elder brother had given him.

 

"I will return in three days, Gege," replies Ye Yueyi.

 

Ye Wuyi and Qi Long watched as Ye Yueyi contacted the World System and ordered it to open a portal to the Black Tower.


[World System replies:]

Upon Lord Deviant's request, a portal to the Black Tower would be open in your coordinates. Would you like to activate the portal towards the Black Tower?

 

Yes | No


 

Ye Yueyi chose Yes and a portal appeared inside the lord's office out of nowhere. He looked at his elder siblings before passing through the portal.

 

"I will be going now. Gege, Dage," said Ye Yueyi who wore a cloak he got from his dimensional space storage. 

 

Ye Wuyi and Qi Long see him off with a smile. The two watched as Ye Yueyi entered the portal and watched it disappear like smoke.

 

"Would he really be alright going alone, A'Long?" asked Ye Wuyi worriedly.

 

Qi Long wrapped his arms around his wife's shoulder and said, "He should be okay even if he meets the boss monster at the top floor of the Black Tower. After all, dragon's memories were inherited regardless of time and space."

 

"The final boss on the top floor is a dragon?" said Ye Wuyi.

 

"No worries~ it's no different from it being an overgrown lizard. Xiao Yue had killed all of it in the previous world. He would be back in no time. Shall we go to sleep now?" said Qi Long with a smile on his face.

 

Ye Wuyi looked at his husband's naughty smile and knew what he wanted. He snorted at him and pinched his side before walking away.

 

Snorts!

 

HISS!! This is the sound of Qi Long after he was pinched by his waist.

 

"Honey~" called Qi Long.

 

Ye Wuyi indeed pauses his step hearing his husband's voice, he glances at him lightly and says, "Come over." Then he walks out of the office intending to rest in their room. Qi Long, as if given a sweet, follows after his wife with a huge grin on his face. No one would believe that this is a cold-faced man from before.

 

Meanwhile, everyone in the mansion who was sensitive to the change of atmosphere in their area had suddenly woken up at that instant. Su Jian and Wen Shi who possess a special bloodline had suddenly opened their eyes from their sleep and looked around them.

 

Su Jian's eyes glow red in vigilance. Upon seeing that everyone in the mansion is safe with only the Young Lord not being around, he almost runs out of the room only to remember Lord Qi's announcement during the morning meeting. Everyone was informed that there might be times that they wouldn't see Ye Yueyi or him in the mansion and that there is nothing to worry about as they were only out in preparations of the opening of the Black Tower.

 

The crimson eyes of Su Jian and returned to normal but he still heads out to check about the Young Lord's situation. In front of the Second young master's room, he bumps on his colleague, Wen Shi who just finished checking Ye Yueyi's room. He knew that Wen Shi came over for the same reason.

 

Su Jian asked, "Is the Young Lord not in?"

 

Wen Shi shook his head and replied, "Must be out. But I didn't notice someone leaving the mansion."

 

"Ever since the World announcement had suddenly appeared the movements of the Young Lord, Lord Qi, and Milord himself had changed. As if they already knew what would be happening next."

 

"I've noticed that too. The Young Lord had changed especially. He's more unreadable and unpredictable nowadays. Like he had become a different person. Lord Qi long as well. He becomes clingier towards Milord unlike before. Just what is happening?" said Wen Shi.

 

Su Jian pats Wen Shi's shoulder and says, "Come to the kitchen with me. Let's have a late midnight snack." 

 

Wen Shi grinned, "That I shall agree..." he said. The two head to the kitchen and searched for food.

 

Meanwhile at the Black Tower.

 

As soon as Ye Yueyi had passed through the portal he opened his eyes to a fantasy world that matches the one in his memories. The place is a mixture of modern and fantasy settings like in games. There are different kinds of races scattered in the place. Elves, dwarfs, demihumans, beastmen, humans in armors and mage robes, etc. As soon as Ye Yueyi entered the Black Tower he heard murmurs from the crowd.

 

'Who is the kid?'

'Did someone notice which world he came from?'

'I think it was written as Earth.'

'Isn't that a low-tier world which hasn't gone online yet? How did the child enter the tower?'

'Someone go talk to the kid.'

'Why don't you do it instead?! Moreover, with how small he is, he would be dying on the first floor. It will be a waste of time talking with a future corpse.'

 

Ye Yueyi can hear everyone's voices in his ears. Despite the differences in language inside the Black Tower, the words would be instantly translated before entering one's ear. This is a special area that allows races to converse regardless of which world or race they are. A divine artifact God made to give trials to their creations is what they call the Black Tower.

 

He ignores most of their words but he couldn't stop them from talking so loudly all at the same time. It irritates him for a bit.

 

"Noisy," he mumbles but the sound of his voice wasn't an undertone and everyone in the area had heard him speak the word. 

 

His one word incurs the attention of most registered adventurers on the ground floor of the tower. This is the entrance and floor of the gathering of each world. Most warrior types in the tower were short-tempered while mage types were proud by nature. The moment they heard the one word Ye Yueyi had spoken immediately annoyed them. Some intended to grab him and beat him up as a lesson.

 

'You fucking rude brat! I'm intending to just ignore you when you just have to run through your mouth wildly!'

'Let us teach you a lesson. You should hold your tongue in a place like this!'

 

Lots of the adventurers looked at Ye Yueyi with pity but none of them really made an effort to save him. It was the same scene in his memories. Regardless of race and world, you came from, in an unknown territory one would either show his might or hide his tails. Only the strong had the right to speak and the weaker ones could only follow. There are really no heroes in the world.

 

"I am really thankful that nothing much had changed in this part," murmured Ye Yueyi as he raised his hands. The movements of the mana in the tower had changed to something aggressive.

 

The magic-type adventurers like mages, priests, and others instantly felt the change of mana flow in the whole floor. There saw a young child covered in a huge black cloak raising his hand. They instantly felt the immense danger coming from the child. With eyes widened in astonishment, those mages trembled as they panicky dragged their party members away from the entrance.

 

At the sidelines,

A knight who was watching the scene at the entrance saw a human child being bullied by the roguish adventurers after his one comment. "Poor child. He'll get beaten up right now."

 

Seeing his friend didn't respond to his words, he moved his gaze from the entrance and looked at his mage friend. "What's wrong!? Are you okay?'" A man wearing a knight's armor saw his mage friend shaking as he grabbed his arm. There's an obvious fear imprinted on his face.

 

The mage friend stuttered as he spoke, "R-Run..."

 

The Knight confusedly reacted, "Hah?"

 

"I told you to run!! Go to the guild to hide, there's a barrier at the guild."

 

The mage dragged his knight friend towards the adventurer's guild. He wasn't the only one. Most of the magic-type adventurers did the same thing. Then they watched Ye Yueyi lightly touch the nearest warrior who was intending to punch him. In an instant, that person and the other adventures within the 10 meters circumference around the cloaked child instant combust with a raging fire that was cast chantless. The mana had burned those adventurers regardless of whether they were bullying the Ye Yueyi or not. As long as they were within the range of 10 meters near him. Everything was engulfed in flames. The sounds of painful wails echo within the floor. 

 

AAAAHHHHHH!!! Save...me!!

 

Only Ye Yueyi, covered in a black cloak, remains standing surrounded by piles of ashes. The magic-type adventurers, especially the mages, recognized what type of spell the child in the hood cast.

 

"Inferno!!? Is that a small version of the 13th circle fire spell: INFERNO!!?" The mages who safely hid inside the guildhall commented at the scene.

 

Once Ye Yueyi glanced at them, their party members instantly covered their member's mouths and replied in silence for his gaze. They still remember this child's words before he killed those adventurers who dared to harm him.

 

Ye Yueyi uttered, "Finally~ It's quiet."

2