Chapter One – Demon King
176 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sage stood in the darkness, his body trembling slightly as he could feel death looming over him.

Despite not fearing death, it was different, because the entity on the silvery throne was an angel.

"A mortal? How did you end up in the Abyss? Through a spatial crack maybe?" The angel appeared as a young female with a beautiful face, however the wings behind her were black, seemingly sucking in all light around them!

"No matter, since you dare intrude on my territory, be prepared for endless torture before I devour your soul." The angel said with a lazy tone, however the words made Sage's blood run cold.

The angel pointed a finger at Sage and a wave of pain, as if his very being was being pulled apart on the molecular level assaulted him.

By the time he recovered, the angel on the throne was lounging on her throne with her eyes closed, however Sage could feel a pair of eyes watching him for somewhere.

"Mortal, do you know why I haven't killed you?" The angel asked while opening her silvery gold eyes, and looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"I-I don't know..." Sage whispered due to the echoes of pain in his body, which had yet to completely fade away.

"It's simple really, I can sense that you are already waiting for death, however you also want to live. Humans, such tenacious little things..." She continued with a bored tone.

"Power...? I want power! I don't want to be this helpless ever again!" Sage said with hate filled eyes directed to the one who made him experience such pain. He didn't know it, but due to extreme stress, Sage's hair turned white.

"I want to sign a contract with you. In exchange for power, you must replace me as Demon King." Hearing the angel's words, Sage temporarily froze in shock.

"What? Is the offer not appealing enough? Perhaps I should find someone else..." The angel frowned as she thought about how troublesome it'd be to find someone who'd survive having their soul remade.

Yes, when she pointed at Sage, she altered his soul until it matched her own, so Sage could be considered a clone, however he had no memories implanted into his soul.

'Should I accept? She's probably more powerful than I could imagine! What happens if I say no? Will she torture me again?' 

Sage's mind ran and looked for every possible alternative, however it all ended with him dying horribly.

'Am I really going to do it? If I become a Demon King, will I still be human? What if I turn into a monster?!'

'No, even if I become a monster, why should I choose to die? I want to live like everyone else! This... this is just for the sake of survival!' Sage tried to justify becoming a Demon King, but deep down within the darkest recesses of his heart, he knew he wanted power, power to live as he pleased.

"I want to be a Demon King." Sage said with a firm tone, and the angel who had been frowning before smiled faintly.

"Okay. You can become a Demon King, however, power comes from struggles. Survive for a month within the Deep Abyss and you can gain the power of a Demon King."

Her words made Sage feel a sense of foreboding, and just as he was about to ask more, a magical scene took place.

The very air seemed to distort, and a crack appeared in space, with the smell of sulfur and smoke rushing out of it.

"This is a Gate of the Abyss. It will send you to the Deep Abyss. Remember, if you die there, you won't be able to reincarnate at all." The angel waved a hand and Sage vanished along with the spacial crack.

 

6