Vol. 1 Prologue
40 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lost Doll | A Girls‘ Frontline Story

Prologue

Location: Earth, former Germany

Earth, a World ravaged and destroyed through many Wars in the past. This is where my Story shall start. But not with me, no it starts with the reason I’m even active.

An Expedition they would call it, an Exploration Team they are. They said, no they are just raiders and Looters in my eyes. People who steal from the past and the long dead.

Well, let's start my Story, shall we?

“Fuck, there is no end to them” somebody shouted while being overrun by a Swarm of little Robots.

We need to get out of here” another shouted and so we did just that. The rest of the team turned around and ran. We left our Vehicles behind maybe they can hold them back even if it is only for a few minutes. There is no Tactic no tactical retreat to speak of, just the fear of an endless horde of Replicators.

We ran for what felt like hours, but it probably only amounted to a few minutes. After we finally lost sight of them. While finally having a short rest the Captain made a Headcount and we noticed that we only lost 2 Men, a good quota for meeting a Middle Sized horde of these little things. While it is certainly bad that we lost 2, we all knew the danger of going into an unexplored Area especially one where Ruins are supposed to be located.

But the rest only lasted so long, we still had a mission after all. We were supposed to find the Ruins of a Civilization of the past, but we all agreed that we are not going to stop there, why stop there when you can get rich by just selling a few of the parts that you can find there.

After Hours of Searching the Destroyed Terrain and what is left of the Foliage around here, we finally found it. An Underground Laboratory, it should be from Griffin & Kryuger if we can trust what Information we received.

Two of you should stay up here and guard the Entry Point” that’s what the Captain said and so we Entered the Lab with just 6 out of our 8 Remaining Forces, you don’t question the Captain after all.

The Vault door is Broken and had Holes big enough for us to fit through I don’t want to know what made these holes hopefully it is long dead.

After Climbing through the Door we entered something that looks like a Cargo Bay a few old Vehicles here and there and some crates. While they certainly have some value these are not the main priority we planned to get some Android parts they always sold for high amounts.

After looking some more through the room we found a floor plan, while it is decayed and not really readable, we were able to make out that this Building has 3 Floors.

3 Teams of 2, Team Alpha Floor 1, Beta 2 and Gamma 3. Check every room! Don’t want to miss something because one of you Idiots left out a Room.”

We did just that, I am in Team Gamma so we go in the Direction of the Stairs. On the way to the Stairs we saw what looked like a Cafeteria, but we ignored it this isn’t our Floor and we are not interested in some old Kitchen Knives.

After searching for a bit we finally found the Staircase. Opening it is easy it isn’t even locked. The Staircase is dusty, like the rest of the facility it looks like nobody cleaned this for at least a hundred years or so.

On the third floor, we open the door and the first thing we find in the dark hallway is that the light seems to be busted just the occasional green light of an Emergency exit is visible.

Creepy” my Partner commented and I needed to agree this place is creepy, well it probably wouldn’t be like that if there were fewer dead Body's they somehow seemed to stay relatively intact over the long time since their death.

The first few rooms we searched were just some Staff rooms, nothing too big of Interest here, some clothing that would probably fall apart the moment you touch them, a few Bunk beds and a row of lockers that we are unable to open should have brought a crowbar.

Sometime later we finally found something of interest, the Command Center. It is a big room with a lot of Consoles, Monitors, some Rifle racks. We even finally found our first Android while it wasn’t in a state to be repaired some parts were still relatively intact so we took them.

While I am taking apart the Android my Partner suddenly calls for me sounds like he found something.

The thing he shows me are documents? One of the Consoles seems to contain an Experiment log on an Android. A failed one at that, this Console isn’t Authorized to look at the Logs themselves they are marked with “Security Clearance Lvl. 4 needed” so they are unreadable but we can see that it is supposed to be stored somewhere here on this floor. If we can find it even if it isn’t intact selling it could probably bring in big amounts of money. Suddenly the Interface on the Console shut down and a red light came to light.

Seems like we accidentally activated the Security System” This could become a problem.

Meanwhile in the Depths of Floor 3

Initializing Startup of T-Doll “741-X1” G41

Time since Last Activation -Error

Activating Fission Reactor

-Functionality at 40%

-Requesting Repair

-No Signal Found

-Error

-

-

Booting AI

-Error

-Giving Control to System

- Error

-Override

-Giving Control to AI

-Warning

- Corruption in OS

Rebooting OS

-Error

Retry

-Error

Retry

-Error

Initiating Protocol 09

Loading Memory Data

- Error

- Mission Log Corrupted

Loading Personality

99%

-Error

100%

Activating Movement Controls

86%

-Error

Starting Self-diagnosis

- Right Arm Heavily Damaged

-Requesting Repair

-Error

- Corrosion of Core at 12%

Functionality at 45%

-Startup Completed

End of Prologue

Well that was the Prologue of Vol. 1, if you see any mistakes I made, feel free to put them in the Comments.

And yes, English is not my Main Language, that is, probably something noticeable in my choice of words.

I'm planning to release Weekly Chapters, but Chapter 1 will probably come later today

2