Chapter One
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I swept my arm, the guards behind me sped up, trying to walk besides me. My shoes clacked on the stone floor, it echoed. I could hear the music pounding behind the wall. I walked in the direction of the music, trying to fill myself with confidence. I could do this. It was just another event. 

I felt something blocking my step, and I looked down. I saw the chief of guards, looking up at me. He was a short and stout man, with a red face. Simply his presence angered me. I opened my mouth to tell him to stop blocking me. I was his king after all. 

"Prince George," he addressed me. The title was like a slap in the face, the coldness in his tone. As if he was reminding me 'your just a prince. your father has power over you. As long as he is alive. You are nothing.' I charged my gaze with ice, and glared at him. He didn't flinch, and my ears grew red, with anger, heat, and embarrassment. "Your father gave us orders. To not let you go to this party." he said, steadily. I laughed, it wasn't a real laugh. It was one of hatred. I hated my father. 

"There is nothing in this party that can harm me. And my father has nothing on me." I tried to move his stick. He shook his head, and bared his teeth in disgust. 

"There is an assassin on the loose. You will go home."  he snarled, pushing me back. 

"No." I tried to dodge him, I felt an iron grip on my wrist. He wasn't letting go, he nodded to the other guards and they advanced towards me. I yanked my arms away, anger glisting in my eyes. 

"We will escort you back to your room. And alert your father that you attempted to go to the party, that you fought against us." the head guard spoke, spit flying out of his mouth, pulling away his stick, he tried to grab his sword. I tilted my head back, waiting for the tip of his sword to dig into my back. 

Then there was a flash, and powder exploded everywhere. I heard footsteps, all over. I snapped my head back, and ripped my arm out of the guards hand. The guard who was grabbing me, dropped his sword. And yelped, the guards fell to the ground. Some bleeding, some unmoving. I heard screams, and yells. I looked around, my heart racing, I ran in a random direction. Hoping I was escaping whatever had just happened. 

I felt a cold hand on my waist, and another on my arm. I spun around, trying to see who grabbed me. Then I was swept off my feet, I flailed around, sending powder flying into the air.

"Don't make this harder than it should be, lay still." I felt gritted teeth in my ear. I had no choice but to obey, I forced down the panic bubbling in my stomach, and I laid still. Slipping my arms around my kidnappers neck, trying to hold myself.  

I closed my eyes, my head spun, well my whole body spun, but my head felt like it was a merry go round.

Seconds passed like hours, I attempted to gather my thoughts. I was sure that a guard, had just picked me up, and is now taking me home. Then, as soon almost as soon as we took off, we landed. Whatever grabbed me, pushed me against the wall, and let go of me. 

As soon as the hands left my waist, I crumpled to my knees, feeling weak. I took a shuddering breath, and put my hand on the wall. My eyes blinked open, and I perched my head up, to take a look at my kidnapper, who was hovering above me.

He wore a mask, a white one, with a smiley face on it. He had on a tight black turtleneck, and black pants. Along with a belt that sported, a pouch, that I assumed had powder in it. He also had a knife, and what looked like pepper spray, maybe a taser. 

My breath hitched. The assassin. It must be him. Oh no. Oh no. I was about to be killed. I looked around me. I was in a stone hallway of a sort. It was colder than the rest of the castle. And it smelt like dirt. 

I moved my eyes back to my kidnapper. 

My eyes traveled from his shoes, to his masked face. They traveled up, into his nest of blonde hair. 

“Uhm, hi?” I stammered out. The man slipped his hand down the wall and grabbed my collar. Before hoisting me up, with a hand on my waist. I pushed myself up against the wall, standing up, and adjusting my tie. Trying to keep my kingly posture. He moved away his hand. 

I took a deep breath, thinking of what to say. “Did you just kidnap me?" The man chuckled. 

"Ah, well. You could use that word. But I would say, it's more accurate if you would say... 'borrowed'. I'm borrowing you." he was a couple inches taller than me (AU where Gogy isn't a short asf, and Dream isn't a slender) so he could look down at me, and I had to look up at him. I hated when people looked down at me. 

"Let's start with this." I leaned up on my tippy toes, and yanked the man's mask off in a quick one two motion. I pressed my elbow to his throat "Who are you?". I was quite proud of myself in that moment, this move made up for me looking weak five seconds ago. 

He was gorgeous. The man looked about my age, (22) he had bluish green eyes. And long dark eyelashes. I was correct, his hair was a dirty blonde. His face was chiseled to perfection. He had a sharp jawline, soft lips and narrowed eyes. His mouth hung open in surprise, and I began to wonder whether I had just stupidly made the kidnapper with a knife mad. His eyes crinkled, his mouth perked into a smile, then he began to laugh. 

"I've kidnapped, person after person, but not one has ever done that to me." his laugh sounded more like a wheeze. I rolled my eyes. So he admits to kidnapping me. 

"Mr. Teakettle. I think that's what I'll call you." I snarled at him. Trying to get on his nerves. He snorted. 

"Ha, no, just... Call me Dream." he spoke with thought, all the wheezy laughter gone. His hand drifted to my face, and I thought he was going to take my face in his hands. 

I slapped his hand away, my heart pounding. He looked at me in confusion, then chuckled. 

"I was just trying to take my mask back." he sniffed, amused. I looked and saw his mask in my hand. My hand was next to my face. I cursed at myself under my breath. 

I chucked the mask as far away as I could. It clattered to the floor with a 'clink', a small part of it chipped off. Dream looked at the mask then back at me. He raised his eyebrows slowly. And placed his arms on the wall above me. I took this opportunity, and brang my knee to his lower stomach, right above the groin -I wasn't THAT mean- I kneed him has hard as I could, then shoved him off. 

He stumbled back a couple steps. And glared at me, his eyes were cold. Then he blinked and they were back to normal. 

"Why did you do that?" he patted his stomach, wincing. I shook my head. 

"Why did you bring me here. And who are you really?" I dropped my voice down, to a lower volume. "What do you want from me." 

He let out a shuddered sigh. "I'm going to tell you the truth." He turned away from me. "I want to assassinate your father." 

My eyes widened, and my heart dropped into my stomach. A sudden ice, freezing over my heart, and spreading rapidly. Another person, who wants you for your parentage. Not for yourself. Not even a kidnapper cares about you.  

"What?" my voice was hoarse. He nodded. 

"And I was hoping, you would help me, when I explain why I want to-" 

Blood rushed to my head. I felt cold. Of course he wanted something from me. What was I thinking. I whipped my head towards him. And brang my fist to his jaw. It couldn't have hurt him too much, but he still flinched and brang his hand to his jaw. "Dream. I would never. Ever. EVER. Help you. With anything. You are a disgrace. To everyone. To our nation." I snarled at him, I stared the man dead in the eyes as I spoke. I gathered all the anger, and confusion, and pushed it into my words. I saw flashes of pain in Dream's eyes. "Don't ever talk to me again." I spat at him. My dad would kill me if he saw me spitting. At anyone. He would tell me it made me look like I was informal. Like I was dirty. 

I walked over to the other side of the hall we were in. And picked up his mask. It was chipped and sharp at one side. 

I threw it at Dreams head as hard as I could. He caught it with one hand. 

"Keep that." I turned away. "You look better with it on." I stormed away. 

0