Chapter 1: First Meeting.
101 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took Jackie a few days to be able open his eyes. And once he opened them, he noticed that the surrounding was magnificent. There were at least a hundred books  neatly arranged next to each other, apparently in alphabetical order. Jackie couldn't read what was written over there but looking at the arrangement, he could tell that was the case. The walls were white with several red flowers growing on them. They were grown in a quite unnatural manner which made them even more attractive. The room where Jackie was were large and well decorated. There were exquisite flower vases with the same small red flowers as there were on the walls. The owner seemed to really like them. The pale blue curtains were embroidered with birds flying freely. Anyone who looked at it would be confused whether they were real or not. It seemed as if the birds would just come out and leave for the boundless sky.

'Just where am I? What is this place? Am I dreaming?'
Trapped in this confusion,  Jackie's mind was reeling with all kinds of thoughts. He knew that something abnormal was indeed going, and he subconsciously accepted the fact that it was all real. However, what triggered all that? He kept on thinking about that day and night.

Days passed by and Jackie was as ignorant as he was on the very first day. All that he knew was that once in every three hours, a woman would come and fed him with pudding. The food texture was delicate and quite remarkable. The woman that used to come was an elegant and rather alluring one. Her features would certainly make her among one of the most famous beauty queens on Earth. However, Jackie was certain that she was not his mother.  The lady was always wearing maid's clothes and would have an  unchanged, unreadable expression. This was obviously a forced job that she was doing.

'I wonder how does my biological mother look like? Her maid is kingdom toppling so, perhaps she is even more of a beauty. That is really strange. I will have to call an unknown woman mother. Oh god, why does that have to happen to me? Of so many people, why me?'
'Well, if you don't want to call me mother, I will not force you,' suddenly interrupted a sweet voice.
The voice carried gentleness and even more love. It was one that can comfort others. The voice was inside Jackie's head so he had absolutely no idea where that was coming from. He turned around but saw nothing. 'Boom' a face suddenly pooped up in front of him.
'Aaaaaahhh..., ' screamed Jackie.
His own voice sounded stranger to him. Well, he was not at fault. After all, he was in a new body and in a new world. A pleasant laughter resounded across the entire room. A woman suddenly appeared in front of him. Her silky blond hairs were floating in the air as the wind blew from the  nearby window to her. Her red cherry lips and white skin, along with the intoxicating eyes, made a perfect combo. Her white gown, festooned with several scattered small red flowers, the same as the ones on the wall, made her devilishly beautiful. Any man, young or old, would feel their hearts palpitating if they got even a glance of her. However, to Jackie's surprise, nothing happened. He did not feel any kind of attraction or love towards her. He just felt warmth, a boundless pleasant warmth.
'Can you hear me?, ' asked Jackie.
'Yes, sweetheart!, ' replied the woman.
'But how is that possible? It is against all rationality. You can't read a person's mind. That is impossible. '
'Perhaps in your world, but here it is possible. Due to our unique bloodline, we can communicate via telepathy. It is an ability transmitted from one generation to another. '
'Wait a sec! Don't you feel strange talking to me, your presumed son? I mean, I am still a baby yet my vocabulary is not like one. '
'Not at all. I know that you have been reincarnated. And by listening to what you just said, it is obvious that you are not from this world. Perhaps, a less advanced one. '
Jackie's eyes opened wide and he stared in shock when he heard that. A less advanced one! She got to be kidding. Forget about a television, there were not even a bulb present in that room; just a large glass made chandelier, that too lit by the help of countless scent candles.
'What happened? Shocked, right? I knew, sweetheart that this kind of modern technology was not available in your prehistoric...'
'Stop, ' interrupted Jackie. 'First thing first. Your world or my world, whatever, you get what I mean right, is far, far, far behind mine. So, please stop with your boasting, you will just end up insulting yourself. And now, something that was on my mind for such a long time. How can you talk, ahh, telepath with me when I can obviously say for sure that our language is different. '
'My son, telepathy is not the transfer of words but thoughts. I am reading your thoughts therefore be it in my language, your language or even in God's language, I will understand them. Understand?'
'Yes, I think. Just a last question, by looking at the interior of your house, I believe that you are someone rich and powerful, right?'
'First of all, stopping saying mine and yours. What is mine is yours now, okay? And, I will answer that question of yours when the time will be ripe. There are some complications in my life. '
'Fine. I do know that I said that that was the last question but I have another one. Where is my another biological parent?'
'Another biological parent? Ohh, your father. He... He is somewhere but where? I have no idea about that. Maybe he has completely forgotten about us. '

Tears started to flow from her eyes. She stared blankly at the fluffy clouds, sighed bitterly and murmured some indistinct words. The air suddenly became extremely heavy. Jackie felt as if a thin dagger has pierced through his heart, ripping it apart. He immediately understood that his 'so-called' father had left him and his mother alone. The sorrow was evident in the eyes of that wonderful and caring lady.
'By the way, what is your name?, ' said Jackie to change the topic.
Her mother noticed that and laughed. Her pleasant aura was back. The heavy feeling had been gone and Jackie breathed a sigh of relief.
'Yes, it will be inconvenient if you don't know your mother's name. I am Yu, Yu Shan. First name, Yu, surname, Shan. And you are...'
'Jackie, Jackie Miller. '
'So, let's keep your first name intact, okay? '
'So, from now on, I am Jackie Shan. That does sound strange. '
'Yeah! But you do need to have a surname, right? So go with it. I didn't tell you to come and get reborn. It was your fault. '
'What do you mean by that? How would I have known that I will be reincarnated here? Or even BE reincarnated? '
'So, it was a forced reincarnation. What is the heavens actually planning to do? They rarely do a forced reincarnation... Unless... That must be it. '
She glanced at Jackie for a while and smiled. As if all the questions that was on her mind suddenly cleared out.
'Yu Shan, what is a forced reincarnation? What are talking about, heavens and all? '
'Oh, that is nothing. Wait a second, did you just take my name? I am your mother. At least show some respect for that. '
'Well, actually, I would like to show you some respect. But if you expect me to call mother, then I am sorry. I will not be able to do that. Try to understand, will you?'
Yu Shan's face flickered for a scape of one breath before it returns back to normal. She gave a smile it rather a mock smile to herself and said:
'Well, I do think that you are right. After all, you cannot accept  some... Random woman as your... Mother in one day. So, you can just call me. Let see, I will the one who will teach you everything about this world, including the secrets that I know. I will be like a teacher to you. So, you can call me... Master. I think that will be fine for you. '
'Yes! Thanks Yu Shan, sorry, I mean, Master. '
It was like that that  Jackie's adventure begun. A new world, a new identity and secrets that have yet to be disclosed.  

1