Chapter 9: War and Pain
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dragon's golden scale started to turn black. Everything dimmed. Ji Tian arrived near him but he could do nothing to help. After all, it was an internal fight and not external, where he could provide help. He stood there quietly. Yu Shan approached him and murmured in a cold voice,

'You want to help. But, how? Remember always, Shans are not to be provoked. We answer provocation by deaths. The more farfetched your provocation, the more painful your death becomes. I pity you. You will be killed at the hands of the one who summoned by sacrificing more than half of your own longevity. It will be so much fun to see you suffer. '

Ji Tian's was extremely unsightly. He wanted to argue but whatever that Yu Shan just said was true. If the dragon really got possess, there was little chance that he might escape alive. Also, the way that Yu Shan saw him, he was pretty certain that he was about have a really terrifying and painful death.

Meanwhile, the dragon roared and his entire body shook, destroying everything in its way, even air. The air turned solid and broke. This clearly showed the immense pain that the dragon was in. Inside his body, an intense fight was going. A fight which would completely wipe his existence. The dragon had to win. At all cost!! His life, soul and body, all the 3 most basic and most important aspect of life was endangered. The blood demon was attacking his upper dantian. That was the most suitable area to target during a possession as the Upper Dantian is related to the spirit and conscious; and was also the area where the soul was the weakest. We normally say that someone is stronger in his home but, here it was the contrary. In the Upper Dantian where the soul reigned supreme, no other aspect was found. This left the soul completely on his own. Normally, the soul of the dragon was extremely powerful,  however, in front of an expert of possession, the blood demon, it was nothing more than a tiny fly. Its chance of survival was zero, no, it was actually below zero.

The dragon's scales continued turning black, showing the clear lost of the beast. He howled in anger and fear.

'Noooo!, ' howled it.

Its eyes turned blank. Its sacked was now completely black and an strange aura was being emitted out if him. It was one of joy yet sadness, of victory yet defeat. All in all, all feelings could be seen in it; its synonym and opposite. The blanks in its eyes soon dispersed to be replaced by a bright bloodshot eyes. Whoever who looked in it for too long would see their blood boiling and soul disappearing. That was the appearance of the Demonic Dragon.

The white mist covering the cultivators in the formation dispersed, revealing dessicated corpses inside. Some had nothing but chunks of muscles attached here and there and on their bones, some were completely skeletal while others had become nothing more than ash. That was the huge price that Yu Shan did not want to pay to win that freaking war. His entire family had been killed. Only Wang Han remained. 

Her beautiful, jade like face, became nothing more than a patch of meat and her body, a sac of bones. Her longevity was also deeply affected. She had at most a few months more to live and at worst, a few days. Wang Han's survival had been nothing more than a matter of luck. If the dragon's possession was not completed at that time, she would have also become one of the victims here. Her face was pale white when she flew down to rest. Her gaze swept across the  corpses, mixed emotions seen in her eyes. They were all people that she knew since youth. She had grown with all of them, practicing cultivation with them. They had all taken an important place in her heart. They had become her family. Something that she never had until she met Yu Shan. Tears started to well up in his eyes. She wanted to scream and cry her heart out, to give voice to all her pain. However, nothing came out. She did not even have the strength to scream.

'Ji Tian, ' said Yu Shan in a loud and clear voice, 'You are the cause of all this. Wang Han, I know what you are feeling because same feelings are in my heart, right now! And, now, is the perfect time for vengeance. The debts that my people gave me, can now only be cleared by your blood. You will pay for your sins!!! Demonic Dragon, attack!! Kill them all but slowly. Take an entire day to annihilate them. That would be way to repay the favours of you all, my friends, students, my family! '

The Demonic Dragon shuddered a bit and then started to move towards Ji Tian and Yu Shan. Each of the steps it took, shook the entire property. Each breath were capable of destroying life. That was the power that a Demonic Dragon had. Something that could rival against any laws or principles of creation.

It soon approached them. However, something completely unexpected happened. The Demonic Dragon's aura suddenly changed. It was back to normal, exactly how it was before the possession, and before Yu Shan had any time to defend herself, she was already pushed several steps backwards.

'So, the possession failed, ' murmured her under her breath.

'I just need to kill that dragon and everything would be alright. Even injured, Wang Han would be able to handle everyone, including Ji Tian. '

What exactly happened with the dragon was that: it knew that it had no way of winning against st the blood demon. Therefore, he just send a tiny fragment of his soul to fight against the blood demon and stayed hidden, preparing for a surprise attack.

Yu Shan fought with all ferocity but was relentless being pushed backward. She would lose if the fight continued like that. However, there was a change for her to win. A chance for everyone to win. It was something that she never thought of doing. She closed her eyes, allowing memories to flood her. The first time she was Wang Han. Her first conversation with Jack. Jack's spy period. His birthday. Her teaching him about the Dao. Everything that she done since she was birth was coming back from memories. She turned to look at Wang Han, a warm smile on her face. It was not the fake one which remained plastered on her face. It was genuine one. She then turned to look at the most precious treasure of her life, her son, Jackie Shan. Her smile became even more tender and kind. Everything around her came to a standstill. She looked at him, engraving his face in her mind. Afterwards, she looked at the dragon, a serious gaze could be seen. Her hand flashed into an incantation and everything under the area of 59 metres were froze. No one could now move. However, that would only last for the amount of time or takes for a spark to fly off a splint. She flew towards the dragon and exploded into a bright white light. It was the end of Yu Shan. She was now dead.

0