2 – Gloria
51 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of Yui was a girl on her knees with her hands on her own neck. She was gagging and wheezing while in the corner of her eyes were droplets of tears.

 

Yui backed away and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Experiencing the pain of having her throat cut, it was something she couldn’t comprehend. 

 

She glanced around the room. There was a silencing formation over the place. Deciding to leave her alone, she opened the door.

 

“Magus-“ the guard hearing the creaking sound turned around before they were stunned. However, the next second they screamed in pain as they were burnt away. 

 

Yui didn’t collect their souls since they weren’t included in the contract, however, since they were working for him, she silently let out her anger on them by ending their lives.

 

They could only be blamed for choosing the wrong master to serve. That being said, where was she?

 

The place in front of them was a stone corridor.

 

She grinned. Why did she need to explore this place when she had a kin? She returned back to the room.

 

“Feeling better?”

 

The girl was still on her knees, however her choking and gagging had stopped. 

 

“Yes, Mistress.” She glanced upwards, revealing an average looking face. 

 

Yui opened her mouth before closing it again. She wasn’t really good at explaining plans. Therefore, she sent her intent into the girl through their connection.

 

The girl got up and after patting the dust off her purple dress, she curtsied in acknowledgement. Inwardly she rolled her eyes however. She still hadn’t taken in her situation, her newfound power and the new mistress she had to serve. 

 

“It’s not like you need to follow me everywhere, except I’ll need to bring you back to the Demon Realm once. Do you have something you wish to do?... For example, lingering attachments?” 

 

Hearing her question, the girl, Gloria shivered in fear. “Forgive me.” 

 

In her view, her new Mistress was terrifying. Someone who could turn life and death around on a whim. If she could revive her so easily, she could also do the opposite. 

 

Before all of this, she was just a normal villager. On her trip to the capital, her caravan was robbed, and she was kidnapped. 

 

Yui chuckled. “No need to think I’m reading your mind. I’m merely reading the fluctuations released by your soul….” Along with her voice, she scattered into a mist before seeping into the girl. 

 

“...Do whatever you wish.”

 

Following her orders, Gloria left the small room, following the long stone corridor. The place was a prison, with people inside all of them. She didn’t dare free anybody, and left the place. 

 

Right now, she doesn't know what her Mistress tolerates, and doesn’t tolerate. And she didn’t dare take risks. 

 

Although Yui really didn’t care. She was just amused, it was as if she were watching a show. In fact, she was already getting bored of this place. 

 

“So, you haven’t told me. What do you wish to do?”

 

“....” 

 

No response. Yui sighed. 

 

“Since you’re now mine, it means you will need to leave this world eventually. Your lifespan has also disappeared as well. Right, don’t you have a family you want to say buy to?”

 

“They’re dead.” Gloria showed a sorrowful look. Her father had been killed, while her mother had died when she was born. She had nobody left in this world. 

 

“I see. Too badd.”

 

“Mistress, can you revive them?”

 

“Mmm, maybe.” Yui didn’t say she could, but she could try. 

 

“Thank you!” Gloria’s mood appeared to be lifted. 

 

Yui felt something was wrong. Perhaps she should tell her to do it herself? However, she was her subordinate from now on, and she couldn’t mistreat her.

 

Her sigh echoed in Gloria’s mind before she became silent again.

 

Right now, Gloria’s task was to leave the cavern. If possible, she could even borrow her Mistress’ powers, which she couldn’t see the end to. It was like looking at the ocean, a place that she had once been brought to by her dad.

 

Remembering the middle aged man, teardrops welled up in the corner of her eyes. 

 

When she left the hall, she entered a cave. 

 

“Y-you.” A rough looking man widened his eyes at the person who came out. Scattered over the place were others just like him, wearing animal skins. Startled, they dropped the gourds of alcohol in their hands while picking up the sword lying on the ground.

 

Seeing all of them, Gloria snorted.

 

“Didn’t think I would be alive right?” She hid the nervousness in her heart. Her Mistress was most likely not going to help her here, and she could only rely on herself.

 

Inwardly, she was discontented as well. Her Mistress had suddenly cut off the supply of power, meaning she would have to fight them with her base stats.

 

“Training.” 

 

Yui’s words echoed in her mind. She wanted her to get used to her new body, since she was now a Demon, and not a physical lifeform, but a mana lifeform.

 

“Place your weapons down.” The leader suddenly said.

3