Chapter 1 – The Child
106 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Karma, the push and pulls of the world.

It is your luck…

The feeling of God’s Favor… or there spite...

I’m sure you know what I’m talking about…

We've all experienced it those days...

When the world just seems to hate you...

Well it's ok, you're not alone.

 

In fact, here is one such person.

Kaiya Eros, a young elven boy who wore a weary guise as he lies in the middle of a forest, bloody and broken.

Apparently, the Brand family's young master had gotten the bright idea to teach him "Discipline".

And with how badly Kaiya was beaten, Dye ‘O Brando wanted him to suffer.

 

The bastard mangled him, beating him so badly it would be easier to name where he wasn’t bruised.

His once handsome face was unrecognizable as it marred by splits and gashes.

His body covered in cruel lashes painting the clearstory his torture and abuse had to tell.

But that all paled to the morbid display that had become of him.

With his shirt pulled back, it was clear to see the horrid wound drawn across his chest.

His bone white ribs had been snapped open and pulled out of the way to reveal a bloody cavern with his heart long stolen…

Honestly, with such wounds it’s a miracle he's still alive…

Then again with that, 'Young Master' involved it wouldn’t be a stretch to say we were left this way on purpose.

After all the young lord has a habit of disposing of his toys when they stop screaming.

Though… the little monster has a nasty habit of taking trophies

These were the wounds Kaiya had suffered at the hands of ‘That’ Young Master.

Though it didn’t take long for Die’O to get bored of him, not long after he stopped screaming…

But the Young Master Die’O couldn’t just dispose of his ‘toys’, he had to keep some trophies of them. So he ordered his guards to rip out Kaiya’s heart and dispose of him.

But the servant boy was not angry at this betrayal, only relieved that his long life of pain was over.

 

It’s more remarkable that he’s even alive.

However, such miracles don’t last long.

And his last sparks are fading out, his body failing him...

His death was approaching whether he was ready or not.

With his Soul wavering and Spirit drifting closer to Osar’s Gates his death was inevitable, but it seems Fate has other plans. With but a wave of its ‘hand’ Karmic Gravity pulled another wayward soul into his.

 

As the forest goes quiet their silent battle began as their Souls feebly tried to swallow the other.

Their Spirits slamming into each other in a desperate attempt to preserve their own Ego.

But it's sad to say that Kaiya didn’t have the strength to persevere over the ‘Intruder’.

This, my friends; is where the battle should have ended. The ‘Intruder’ should have swallowed Kaiya’s Spirit and Soul.

Cannibalizing it to strengthen his own and damning himself.

 

But ‘He’ didn’t do that…

seemingly out of pure curiosity the ‘Invader’ reached out to his kindred spirit.

And as if responding to his question Kaiya reached out to him.

When they did this something curious happened…

 

Fate trembled in delight, almost pleased that ITs little gamble had paid off.

But IT didn’t have time to pat itself on the back as it got to work.

Reaching out its ‘Hands’ Fate held the two kindred spirits as it set to work.

 

At the mighty touch of Fate, the pair couldn’t resist as they were plucked from ‘Their’ failing body.

Drawing them closer as it looked them over, wondering where to begin. Leaving the two squirming as they felt naked under its gaze.

After all, Fate sees all.

When Fate saw this it Giggled as if it were looking at its children.

As if struck by an idea, Fate began washing their Souls leaving them white... preparing them for what was to come.

Slowly fate began to knead their souls, shaping and fusing them together. Of course, Fate was gentle in binding their souls together. After all, it’s a delicate process.

One so delicate, not one mistake was allowed.

So Fate took its time.

 

By the time Fate was done shaping ‘Their’ Soul the pair had fallen asleep.

Seeing this Fate only giggled again as it turned its attention to their Spirits.

Picking them up carefully as it began weaving them together.

Purring Fate brought the child’s Spirit and Soul together, beginning the fiddly work of binding them together.

After all the Soul bridges the Spirit to the Body and in turn to the Physical Realm; while the Spirit sees the world the body touches it.

 

Needless to say, it wasn’t a simple task.

But this is Fate...

Such things are simple…

 

Slowly reaching the end of ITs task Fate began to weave their “Two” into “One”.

If ‘They’ were conscious right now it would have looked like Fate was painting on air.

But the light show didn’t last long as Fate condensed ‘Them’ back into a white silhouette.

Done with its work all that was left for Fate was to bind its Child’s Soul to a body.

 

But when looking back on the mangled remains it had plucked them from Fate was dissatisfied...

Although the body was intact it had begun to rot away, but this mattered little to Fate.

It simply had to reach out its hands to the corpse.

Cleanse it, driving the color and rot out the empty husk.

 

But this is not what upset fate…

It wasn’t just the wounds that were closing that upset Fate…

And so Fate Set to work on this Vessel as well

 

The wounds Kiaya suffered began to close as the once handsome elf became no more.

The young man was replaced with a much younger child.

His once long elven ears shrank to sharp points.

His blond hair and skin were bleached white.

His thin physique was reinforced with some muscle.

Even his elvish face was rounded out giving off a sturdy and childish aura.

Most shocking of all was the white nubs poking out of the back of the Child’s head.

Horns creeped out of his skull, wrapping around its ears, before coming to a point aside its temples.

This body was no longer of an Elvish breed.

 

But one problem remained…

His chest was still open, heart still missing.

Like a book lying open… its blank pages whispering tales of its hidden potential.

 

Like a doting parent, Fate pressed It’s Child’s Soul between those pages.

Watching intently as it took root within the blank pages.

As the story of a young boy began to unfold.

 

Stepping back Fate finally let the ‘World’ flood back in.

With great fervor, the ‘World’ guided powerful Essence into the child.

Filling his new heart with color. Gone was his bleached white appearance, replaced by peachy skin and silver hair.

But most striking of all was his eyes.

With each flutter, the Child’s eyes could be seen.

Polished amethysts set within white jade.

Like dazzling gems laid within the skull of the Child, sparkling with curiosity that pierced the depths of the void.

 

It seems that the ‘World’ had grown attached to the boy before he set him down he left him a few gifts.

Aside from his ‘Inkheart’, was an arrow-shaped ‘Birthmark’ on his left shoulder blade, and a set of embroidered robes.

Not one to be outdone, Fate left Their Child a special Jade Book known as a Royal Library as well as Spirit Print instructing him on how to use it.

 

Spoiler
As his ‘God’ Father I can’t just leave unsupervised now can I?

What kind of Guardian would I be then?

It should be fine if I just leave a ‘Dragon’ or two to keep an eye on him right?

No harm in being cautious… right?

[collapse]

 

Then like a pair of nervous parents the ‘World’ and ‘Fate’ roused his sleeping spirit.

And with the opening of his eyes, the child of Fate and The World was born.

Then in a very strange twist of fate, Fate Spoke.

“Remember my child your name is Karce Moira the child of Fate.” It said in a remorseful tone. “We have left you what we can but we can not stay.” It continued.

 

It seems that this child's parents enjoy books and music as much as I do because they carved two names into his Spirit. But I’ll leave that for the boy to find out.

After all, why ruin the suspense of this child’s journey? After all, this is but the first page of Fate and The World’s First Child.

Sweet Dreams Little One I Look Forward To Your Journey su~

2