Interrogation
764 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Clank*

Everyone in Mahito's group drew their weapons and charged at me ready to strike me down.

*Swish*

That was all the sound made as Inosuke took out one of them with a kick to the neck.

Tanjiro took out one of them with a quick chop to the neck.

Genya took two of them and bashed their heads against each other and threw them on the ground.

There was only one of them left standing and the guy was shaking in his boots. Probably nervous about his life or about surviving against children that had trained to kill Demons from their childhood.

'It seems they aren't that experienced.'

With how easy it had been to take them out they were in no way that experienced or strong enough to fight Demon Slayers.

Suddenly the guy smirked while looking directly behind me.

*Smack*

And a backhand slap to the guy behind me was all it took to wipe that smirk off of his face.

Mahito had tried to jump up on me from behind but when you lived with Wolves and actively hunted your food, Environment awareness came as easy as breathing.

A one-armed inexperienced brat trying to one-up me wasn't even worth the effort. A backhand slap to his face was all it took for him to be back on the ground. Seriously these guys were terrible.

"So wanna say something for your actions?" I asked again.

The guy simply fainted. Most likely from fear but I didn't need him. There was a one-armed source of information two feet in front of me writhing on the ground. But something else came first.

"Are you alright?" I asked the Ubuyashiki children while patting them in the head. They didn't seem to like physical contact so immediately removed my hand.

"Yes. Thanks for your assistance." The black-haired one replied.

I honestly needed to learn their names. It was weird to refer to them by their hair color.

'I don't have any strong impressions about the Ubuyashiki household but even if they had only done half of what they had shown in the manga then they deserve respect.'

I couldn't possibly relate to these children. Knowing that your father was going to die pretty soon and you yourself won't make it to the prime of your life despite how much willpower you poured into your body was a terrifying thought.

"Inosuke tie up the assholes that tried this and if they resist then give them a good smack on the head," I said while moving towards Mahito.

He was still trying to writhe away but I held his head up by his hair and dragged him near a tree trunk and set him down.

Now that he looked at him the guy looked much younger than he actually was. He was a bit short in the height department but had covered his face in make-up to look a bit younger. He was most likely in 18 at least or 21 at max.

"Now tell me why you did this," I asked

"What did I do?" he asked while trying to catch his breath.

For a moment I thought that he was in a Blood Demon Art but no Demon could control humans so naturally over such a long distance otherwise the Demon Slayer Corps would've been already compromised.

"Listen here I know next to nothing about interrogation but I know every bit there is to know about the Dimensions of my blade so you won't die from this. Now speak."

The only answer I got was him spitting near my feet.

"Fuck you. You're not making me speak." Mahito replied with harsh breaths.

"Oh, I'm gonna make you sing. Inosuke turn the children away." I said while taking one of my bottles of blood out of my 'Inventory' and force-feeding it to Mahito.

His wound started to heal already and I could feel the pain in my arms but my skin was still holding. Good at least now I didn't need to bleed liters to heal someone.

"So gonna speak," I asked again.

Mahito tried to attack me again with his healing body but another bitchslap and he decided to sit down.

"Fuck you I ain't speaking."

*Slash*

That was all it took and in one swift motion, my sword was gone from one end of his feet and through the other into the ground.

"Speak."

"Fuck..you.."

*30 minutes later*

After 5 bottles of blood and six holes in his legs, the guy finally decided to speak.

"I'll tell you but not anymore," Mahito said with labored breaths.

"Good. It wasn't so difficult was it?" I said but even my hand was feeling numb from the pain. I wasn't bleeding like before but it was still hurting like hell.

"I was ordered by my Father."

"To do what exactly."

"To kill the Ubuyashiki heir. Their bloodline would've died with them. Their Patriarch is already on his deathbed with few years left on his life and it was likely that he wouldn't sire another child that quickly."

So they knew about the Ubuyashiki disguising the males of their families as girls due to their health. This was going deeper than I wanted to but I wasn't finished yet.

"And what if he has another heir during the time he had left?"

After all the Ubuyashiki were certainly persistent in fighting against Muzan generation after generation.

"Even if he had another child what could he possibly teach the child in a couple of years. At best the Ubuyashiki would've gotten an incompetent male heir and the Woman can't exactly handle the business and the Demon Slayer Corps."

This was true. I still remembered how my mother had desperately asked for help from so many but had been rejected by every single person so the society didn't exactly approve of women holding power.

"Well on whose orders did your father do this?"

"I don't know. All I knew was to kill as many as I can and run away."

"Fine. I think the Ubuyashiki themselves would handle you. It would only be fair considering how you tried to kill their heir."

"Anything other than death itself is fine with me."

"Don't jinx yourself."

I stood up and began leaving. Zenitsu was looking at me with fear while Tanjiro looked like he wanted to barf.

'Guess he isn't as tolerant of human blood being spilled then as he is of Demon Blood.'

Haku was tying up the others that were part of  Mahito's group, Genya gave me an odd look and Inosuke was with the children who were patting Cerebus and finding the fluffiness that was Wolf fur.

"You could've spared him a little." To my surprise, it was Kanao that spoke up against me.

"Why?"

This seemed to take her by surprise.

"Because they are human." Ooh Someone is in the mood to talk today.

"Well, the guy tried to kill children. As simple as that."

Mahito had tried to kill children that didn't even look 10 years old so he was up for a beating as soon as he pulled that blade. His only saving grace would've been if he had behaved during the exam itself but he didn't exactly earn points in behavior there.

In the end, he had information and I needed that information it was simply as simple as that.

"I could've stopped him," Genya said while looking at me.

"No, you couldn't. This isn't about gathering favor or anything bud it's about saving children. I wouldn't have argued if you were the one that saved them." I answered as a matter of factly.

What I said was true. Genya had been too unfocused at the current events and Kanao had probably been contemplating if she should flip the coin to decide. They showed hesitance and that could've caused someone their life.

"Even after the fact it had been my group that had reached the Children first so not exactly an argument," I stated simply.

That seemed to rile them up a little as they both took steps toward me.

*Growl*

A low growl came from behind me. It was Fenris with teeth bared ready to rip some human ass.

They both took a step back. Who wouldn't when you saw a huge wolf growling towards you.

"Easy their little guy," I said while patting Fenris. That seemed to calm him down a little as he stood beside me.

"Okay, Haku tie that guy up with the rest of them, and let's proceed with our measurements."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: Secrets people secrets. Humans will prove to be quite the opponents in the future for our MC. Also, I wrote this while listening to Blue Bird.

Support me on Patreon.

23