Rats
689 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3 Days later*

*Asura's POV*

We were nearing Urokodaki's mountains. At least that was what Tanjiro told us. The Old Hashira had chosen quite a nice place to live. There were very few if any farmlands in the area and there were mountains and greenery as far as we could see.

It was nice to see the Countryside. Without any noise and just the steps of our feet as we walked on the path towards the mountains.

"Pay me Motherfucker!!" And there goes my tranquility.

"I don't have 2 sacks of Grain on me Horus and before you ask No I don't have a sack of mice hidden in my underwear." This was what I was dealing with for the last 3 days.

Despite how majestic my Companion looked it acted the same way as a child.

*Grr*

"No Fenris we're not cooking and eating the Chicken tonight." Fenris didn't seem to like how Horus was stealing his Thunder or some shit.

"Oi you fur-covered Doggo say that again and I'm gonna peck your eyes out," Horus shouted from the air and Fenris was practically jumping to catch him off the air.

If I hadn't banned Fenris from increasing his size while traveling then I was pretty sure we would've destroyed a couple of forests at the very least.

Tanjiro was talking happily with his crow and like Fenris, Cereberus seemed to hate the black ball of fur on Inosuke's shoulder too but Inosuke seemed quite happy with both of them and was talking about how Apricots should be the currency of the world or something.

Traveling on the road alone was not something that anyone from my time would've expected. There were bandits and Thieves everywhere and when there's no semblance of society for miles 'He who holds the weapons holds the Coin.'

So far no one had been stupid enough to try anything. Many people had eyed us from afar but either Tanjiro's Katana or our Wolves scared them away.

"Hey Tanjiro can you tell us something about your master?" I asked trying anything to drown out the two beasts beside me screeching their guts out.

"Hmm. Now that I think about it for most of the time I had lived with my master I was just training. Master trained me from the first ray of the sun to the last and the. repeat for 3 years. He's pretty serious about that stuff." Tanjiro replied while petting his crow.

'No shit.' From what I remembered of the canon timeline the old Hashira had slapped Tanjiro for not killing a demon. I mean I get that surviving was more important and for that killing was crucial but the guy was a 12 year old at the time. Anyone would be hesitant to get their hands dirty.

"Master is also a former Hashira," Tanjro said with a tone of happiness in his voice. It seemed that Tanjiro took pride in other's accomplishments no matter how small.

The guy could be happy for the smallest things and would express it with the best of smiles. Just like when he taught Inosuke what earrings are and why his ears aren't actually flat and red because a bee stung him.

"Are these Hashiras strong?" Inosuke asked already pumped up to fight.

"From what I know they are the best swordsman in the Corps so I guess they are pretty strong."

"Inosuke you aren't fighting anyone until I say so," I replied with a glare and effectively poured cold water over my brother's plans.

"Okay," Inosuke replied with his head hung low.

"Master also likes to carve masks in his free time."

Hmm, that was something I was actually interested in. Unlike what I remembered from my previous life Masks weren't that common. I hadn't seen even a single seller that actually sold any kind of masks and from what I had seen of Tanjro's shattered mask Urokodaki was making some high-quality shit.

I saw Tanjiro's grip on his blade tighten for a split second and a moment later I was ready to fight myself.

Inosuke had also sensed the change and was already looking around. His mask made it difficult to know where he was exactly looking so he was trying to scout where our enemies were.

We were surrounded by grass fields from both sides so it was difficult to actually spot someone here but my smell at least told me that there were many of them and they were approaching fast.

"30 of them. 14 from the right and 9 from the left, the rest are trying to sneak up to you from the back. Can't get a look into their faces. All of them are wearing some type of hat." Horus said as he landed on my shoulder. To anyone other than me it would've seemed that the bird was speaking gibberish and I was glad for that.

I didn't have my weapons so I would have to fight with my claws.

*Swoosh*

And just like that, I was in front of a man. A child? No, its limbs were too stout to be of a child.

I immediately punched it into oblivion. Bash their heads first, ask questions later.

Tanjiro wasn't using his sword because he didn't know if his enemies were human or not. Inosuke was basically kicking the shit out of the enemies from any angle possible while spinning on the ground like a pinwheel.

The attackers seemed surprised for a second but immediately took out short blades and started attacking again. They were barely 4 feet tall so their attacks were mostly against our stomachs and knees.

Inosuke was basically a master at this type of combat so I wasn't worried about him. Tanjiro was fighting alongside Fenris and Cerberus and I was against 11 of these bastards on my own.

'Well time to check how sharp my claws are.'

I immediately stopped a blade approaching my knees and cut the attacker's knee with my claws.

My hands were immediately covered with black blood.

"Don't take baths do you?"

I started to blitz through the attackers. My adrenaline guiding my hands as I cut them down in non-lethal areas one by one.

Two of them rushed at me from behind. Trying to take me out by surprise. Their blades were rushing forwards to cut off my legs and I jumped while my claws took off their caps.

I caught their heads with my hands while in the air and pulled them up with all my strength. I reached the ground before them and simply smashed them into the Earth with all my strength.

The last one in front of me tried to run away but I pierced my claws through his arm.

"Ahhhhh" He screamed in agony.

Wait. Were they human? No, their blood told me otherwise but despite that, I hesitated for a second and the bastard tried to cut through my stomach with a short hidden blade.

"Senp..." He spoke with pain in his voice.

I was ready to activate the tattoos on my hand but before that, his head was cut off. In a single swift motion, his head fell off his shoulders.

"The Rats of Ashina."

______________________________________

Author's Note: Ahh the sweet joy of writing. I'll be giving a lot of background on Urokodaki in the next couple of chapters. Some other people close to me have also caught the virus that shall not be named so please stay safe out there everyone. I hope you're all taking care of yourselves.

Support me on Patreon. The link will be visible below.

23