BLDS Ch 100: What One Hears
90 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3rd POV*

 

On the further side of the mountain there was another group, this one with Zenitsu in it.

 

He was fearful, he was that way about a lot of things including but not limited to the extremely scary Mountain, the very tall trees, the darkness around him, the constant sound of large footsteps he could hear and the very very real possibility of fighting a demon.

 

He could stop himself from hearing the thoughts of the others with him, they were probably braver than him but he never heard another person's thoughts even if he could, the thoughts of another person were their own and certainly not his to hear.

 

He didn't wish to make people turn away from him after hearing that he could do that.

 

It was a surprise that Tanjiro and the others didn't leave him alone for the many many reasons he had working against him.

 

He just couldn't figure out why that happened but they were kind to him, well except Inosuke but they were kind enough to him.

 

So now due to them he was walking through a Mountain trying to hunt demon.

 

"There's some sounds." He croaked out but not one of his partners stopped to listen.

 

'What do I do now?' he asked himself even as they continued to walk.

 

'You speak and you stop them.' A voice in his head sounded and he took a deep breath.

 

'Just think you're talking to Inosuke. Yes, all of them have Boar heads....god that's scary.'

 

"There's some sounds." He said and the rest stopped to look at him as he was traveling behind the rest.

 

"Where?" One of them asked not unkindly and Zenitsu just pointed at the direction.

 

They shrugged and started walking there after drawing their blades.

 

Zenitsu thought to pull out his bow from his back but decided against it. He might have been good at the bow but a sword still felt more natural.

 

He knew he shouldn't say that when he couldn't face any demon directly without fainting but for some reason he felt comfortable with a sword in his hand so he simply unsheathed his blade and held it in his hands.

 

After a few minutes of walking they came across a clearing.

 

"What's that?" One of the Corps members asked horrified while pointing at the sky.

 

Zenitsus eyes raised and he let out a shriek at the sight in front of him.

 

Several large threads were holding up a small hut in the air while on every piece of thread there was a human shaped cocoon.

 

"Did…. did that thing just squirm?" One of them pointed and Zenitsu couldn't believe his eyes.

 

'Let it be dead. Let it be dead.' he prayed but he knew otherwise.

 

"I can hear sounds from in there. There are humans in some of them." He said and everyone looked at him appraisingly before returning to their thoughtful looks.

 

He wished to help, he really did but he didn't know how to do it without messing things up. He wasn't strong enough to fight properly, even the bow was given to him by someone else.

 

He felt like he was in someone else's skin everytime he breathed.

 

Everyone else was already trying to get the coocoons down from threads and he was just standing there.

 

But that helped when he heard the sounds.

 

*Pit pat Pit pat Pit pat*

 

There were dozens of them all sliding across the soil very silently but not enough.

 

"Something is coming!" He said and everyone scrambled to get into their positons.

 

They were all looking around apprehensively to the trees but even after a while nothing happened.

 

Zenitsus could still hear them, they were still there.

 

"Hey kid you su-" Before the man could continue speaking a spider larger than a hound burst from the earth and bit into his leg.

 

"Ahhh!" Zenitsu was so startled that he fell down and hit his head against the earth going to sleep.

 

"Protect the kid! We need to get out of here, there are too many!" The others shouted but it didn't help much as they were soon overwhelmed.

 

Any spider that approached Zenitsu was scared away by the largest of them.

 

"This one startled them more then any of you ever could. I'll turn him into a spider when i want to. Carry him off." The grotesque spider with the human face said and others scrambled to follow his orders.

 

*Click click*

 

Their jaws clanked trying to pick Zenitsu up.

 

*CLANG*

 

In a sudden burst all the spiders near Zenitsu were reduced to bloody pieces in a flash of white and blue.

 

"Thunder Breathing."

 

White mist left Zenitsus' mouth yet he didn't speak a single word as he stood up with his sword clenched hard in his hands.

 

"Kill him! Kill him you bastards!" The spider shouted as he tried to run away. He was scared of this weird human, no Slayer acted like this.

 

He needed to tell Rui.

 

"First Form: Thunderclap and Flash"

 

Zenitsu loosened his body like a bowstring and cut a straight line through all the spiders to his side.

 

"Ha! You won't get-" the spider began to speak again but Zenitsu spoke first.

 

"Eightfold."

 

In 7 sudden slashes all the spiders were taken out while in the 8th flash Zenitsu ran straight towards the biggest spider.

 

"You're already too far!" The spider cackled.

 

Yes Rui will kill this human for this, Rui considered him a brother of course he would do it.

 

Zenitsu after the 8th flash barely missed the spider, his legs were already stretched to their limits yet he gathered strength in them while taking out his bow and then he jumped high into the air.

 

"HAAAA '' the spider drew in a sharp breath as it looked back expecting to see Zenitsu far away but instead finding his silhouette in front of the moon.

 

With practiced grace Zenitsu nocked an arrow into the bow and after a sharp breath let the arrow loose. The bow creaking with the effort.

 

"Ahhhhh!" The arrow traveled like lightning given form as it traveled in flashes of white before embedding itself straight into the Spider demon.

 

" Grhhh." The demon thrashed around before the Lightning completely destroyed its body.

 

Zenitsu on the other hand fell straight to the earth with a weak thwack yet there was a small smile on his face.


A/N: Read ahead at Patreon.com/Ashara.

Hope everyone has a nice day/night.

1