CH0 – The Legend
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ya think this will be some classy legend of the sort you hear when gathering around a campfire, don’t ya? HA! WRONG! So shut up and listen!

Ancient legends tell of a time before the Borderlands.

A time were huge landmasses, known as continents, existed. Surrounded by vast oceans they housed a variety of plants and animals.

The areas’ climate were fixed due to their location and the differences ranged from fertile grasslands to arid deserts, wet stick swamps or glassy mountains - consisting of ice so cold, that life itself was impossible to rise. Everything had its place in the world and could be recorded on a map.

Humanity was on top of that world and ruled it like they were the kings. Animals subdued, almost any place discovered, they robbed the world of its very secrets due to progress and technology.

Many legends like this existed…..

Now? Well, now there is only one as every other legends fell into oblivion one by one.

What remained were the Borderlands; Floating islands above the clouds in a world where there was no ground but only a single, gigantic ocean beneath the sky.

The ocean offered no living space for the people and inevitably they did the only thing that remained open to them: They opened up the heavenly kingdom for themselves.

No islands were alike as they all differed in size, shape contents and more, which made some of them useless to humanity while others, however, were suitable as new habitats.

But as the environment changed, so did the circumstances and humans were no longer the undisputed rulers of the world. Because of dangerous animals and monsters, humanity was in a constant fight to survive. Well hidden behind their stone walls, they tried to build a sheltered life.

But for some people, living behind the safe walls of the few big cities wasn't enough. Just surviving in constant fear of attacks from the wild monsters was just not enough for them.

Those people decided to become huntsmen; Lone wolves who tend to travel alone from island to island and earn their living by tracking deadly creatures and hunting them down for a bounty or selling the materials gained by eviscerating their bodies.

Kidnapped and raised by pirates, Zackley became a huntsman after he’s been kicked out of the pirate’s crew due to his extreme behavior.

1