Watching Over You (7)
1.4k 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kincade was leaning up against his red sports car with his tie loosened and hands tucked into his pockets, oozing with hormones. 

“Need a lift?” Kincade asked. 

Kirin thought for a bit then caved in, “why not? It's not often that my chauffeur is THE Mr. Orrs,” Kirin chuckled. 

Kincade popped his trunk and Kirin placed his items in before heading over to the passenger seat. When they arrived at OG Liam’s studio location, the location felt somewhat foreign to Kirin, and that was mainly because he was inhabiting in Bryce’s home. 

As Kincade went to the trunk, grabbing Kirin’s belongings, Kirin quickly rushed over, taking his belongings. “You don’t need to help me. There’s not that much anyways.” 

“You are now my employee. It’s my job to make sure you are in the best condition for work,” Kincade said in a genuinely soothing voice as he took Kirin’s items back into his own hands. 

Kirin just gave him a helpless smile and led Kincade into his studio. When Kincade got into the apartment, he saw that the studio was quite spacious... that was mainly because there was barely anything in the studio; just the simple necessities to live – kind of like a minimalist.  

Kincade looked over to Kirin, who was busy sorting his items out from his suitcase. It was quite obvious that Kincade’s presence did not hinder him from being himself or doing what he needed to do. In short, Kincade’s presence did not intimidate or make him feel uncomfortable or nervous. There was a soft smile on his face as he continued watching Kirin. 

“Are you going to stare at me all day or what?” Kirin chuckled mischievously before looking over to Kincade, with quite a seductive smile. 

Kincade let out a laugh before saying, “I’m expecting to see you tomorrow after your classes are over. Six, sharp.” 

“Okay, okay, okay. I will be there tomorrow... So, that means you got me my first job offer then?” Kirin asked. 

“In a sense. An assessment to make sure that I have handpicked someone worthy of my time,” Kincade smiled. 

Kirin led Kincade out of his studio, gave Kincade a cute smile and said, “It is me, who should be saying that,” before closing the door in his face. 

=== 

The following day, after class, Kirin arrived at the main entrance of the company and was immediately greeted the assistant who was monitoring Bryce that one time when he came to sign the contract. The assistant led Kirin back up to the VVIP floors to Kincade’s office. 

“Write down your available schedule so that I can try to work the job offers within that time frame,” Kincade slid the papers over to Kirin, who was sitting across from him at his main table desk. 

After writing his availability down, Kincade raised a brow. “You’re available every day after classes and on the weekends?” 

“Yeah. I don’t have any other friends besides Bryce and I don’t get along with my parents, so I have a lot of free time,” Kirin said bluntly, not like he was embarrassed about it or anything. 

“That works for me,” Kincade smiled. 

“So, my first assessment?” 

Kincade smiled and stood up. “We’ll need to go to a separate room for this first assessment.” 

=== 

When they arrived to the new room, it was a photography studio, and off to the side was a mini-prep area with a vanity mirror, high-end make-up brands and all kinds of clothing styles. There were some people already in the studio waiting for them. 

Kirin looked at the whole get up and realized what it was he had to do. “So, you’re gonna have me pose for a few pictures and if I receive a passing score then you will send them out to find job offers?” 

“Yes. You need to show them that you are capable of being what they need as a model,” said Kincade as he took off the charcoal-colored blazer, handing it off to a person who came to collect it. 

Kirin had no complaints with that. Shortly after, a young woman came to fetch Kirin, leading him to the seat in front of the vanity mirror. She did his makeup, which he did not really need much of and then began dressing him up for the first sets of pictures. After he got his first outfit on, the stylist quickly styled Kirin’s hair, running his fingers through Kirin’s silky platinum blonde waves. Kirin’s hair was slightly pushed back to reveal his stunningly beautiful yet handsome features. Peach-blossom shaped eyes that were a radiant amethyst color; his beauty mark under his right brow was also revealed, further enhancing his charm. 

There was no theme for this photoshoot. Kincade’s plan was to have Kirin try on all sorts of fashion styles to see what fitted his image most and how it could be further enhanced. Underneath his camel-colored trench coat, that was fitted to his body, was a pale blue dress shirt with a matte black tie while his vest and pants were a soft gray color. They also gave him black leather gloves to complete the outfit.  

When he was all dressed up, he went to the white backdrop. When he turned around, he saw Kincade holding a camera.  

Wait. Don’t tell me he’s the one who’s going to be taking the pictures?  

“Yes, I am your photographer,” Kincade smiled, answering Kirin’s question. 

“Where’s the professional photographer?” 

“I am the professional photographer.” 

“Oh~, well, aren’t you capable?” Kirin flashed a charming smile. 

It was in that moment that Kincade wished he had snapped that image of Kirin. His charming smiling that had a hint of mischief, making him all the more captivating.  

=== 

With Kincade’s guidance, Kirin posed to the utmost perfection; Kirin went through at least 10 different outfits – each having their own theme: charming, seductive, heartwarming, playful yet mature. Kincade even allowed Kirin to do freestyle shots as the camera continuously clicked. There was one particular set of photos and clothes that lit the flames in Kincade’s eyes. 

Kirin had a large, loose, dark-wash blue boyfriend button down shirt that was rolling of his shoulders, revealing his well-built and sculpted muscles. His black jeans were slim fitted; however, the button and zipper were undone while the pants sat at his hips, revealing a bit of the strikingly captivating red boxer he was wearing. He was emitting such strong, charismatic manly hormones that he even made the stylists flustered and intimidated by his presence. But despite the image, Kirin was still respectful to them and approachable.  

His wavy platinum blonde hair was tousled, making it look as if he just got out of bed after doing who knows what, looking languidly sexy with misty eyes as he stared into the camera. Though Kincade looked unaffected, he was actually feeling quite conflicted and parched.  

These were the last few shoots. While Kirin was switching out back into his own outfit, he looked at the time. It was already 11 pm. 

“The photos turned out really nice. I’ll have to look them over tonight again before sending them out,” Kincade said as he took out the chip from the camera. 

“Well, don’t stay up too late. I’m heading out,” Kirin waved as he was ready to head out the door. 

“Wait.” 

Kirin stopped and looked back to Kincade. 

“Care to grab a late-night snack with me?” 

=== 

They ended up going to a grill and bar restaurant that was open until 3 in the morning. They were seated at a booth. Before and as they were ordering their food, they talked about all sorts of things – their hobbies, their work life, their private life, etc. Though Kirin was first guarded against Kincade, he found him quite likable. Kincade has a charismatic yet soft demeanor. He was surprisingly someone Kirin could rant off about whatever and not feel the slightest shame. This unguarded side of him reminded of when he was with Jin in the first world. In this world, Liam had a more assertive, straight-forward, playful personality while Hua Yu had a more elegant and reserved personality. However, that didn’t stop Kirin from falling in love with Jin even after adapting to Hua Yu’s personality in the previous world. 

As he was sipping on his peach-guava flavored iced tea, he kept stealing glances at Kincade. Every time Kincade looked at him with those piercing silver-cerulean blue eyes and flashed those deep dimples, Jin’s face kept relapsing over his, making Kirin quite confused as to why he kept seeing Jin’s face.  

After Kincade took a sip of his drink, he placed the cup on the table but before lifting his fingers off the cup, he slightly twisted the cup 90 degrees counter-clockwise. This action seemed quite simple yet it was earth shattering to Kirin. Out of his entire 432 years of being alive, he has only seen one person do what Kincade did to his cup just now... and that was JinJin’s image relapsed over Kincade once again. 

Kirin’s breath stopped for a brief moment before coming back. He lowered his gaze. There’s no way... right? But then Kirin thought for a moment, if he was able to get this so-called system attached to him after death and was told that he was in the middle plain – aka the Void – and in order to move on, he had to go through several worlds and complete missions, it was possible that someone from one world could appear in another, right? Like parallel universes, right? 

While Kirin was lost in his deep thoughts, Kincade also kept stealing glances at Kirin. 

It shouldn’t hurt to ask, Kirin thought. 

Hey, S-01. Is it possible for someone from one world to be in another, like their soul or body? Something like that? When Kirin asked S-01 that in his head, he thought he sounded ridiculous. However, if he wasn’t trapped in his current situation, he would’ve never believed that such things were possible.  

[Yes, the same soul from another world can be present in another, like parallel worlds. However, the chances of that happening and the chances of you encountering that same soul is one in a billion.] 

Kirin slightly frowned. 

[And even if you do encounter the same soul, they would not have any recollection of their lives from the other worlds. Only the current one.] 

...But what about me? Why am I different? 

[That is because unlike them, you are attached to a system administration and have been tasked with the responsibility of traveling to these worlds to alter the previous person’s life. It is also because you have to remember your sole purpose on being administered this responsibility.] 

Although Kirin knew that was the answer S-01 was going to give him, he had hoped, even if it was just a little, that there was a different reason as to why he was one of the few chosen. Kirin does not believe he is significant or special enough to be chosen for such tasks. How could his existence be considered superior or 'special' when compared to another? The more his mind thought about this, the more curious he became. If S-01 was not going to give him the answer he was looking for, he'd have to pry it out piece by piece.

Kirin then looked over to Kincade again … So, is it possible that Kincade is … As his thoughts wandered, Kirin quickly dispelled that thought from his mind. 

After Kirin placed his cup back down, Kincade caught a glimpse of the mole that was located on Kirin’s left ring finger. It looked quite adorable.

“I noticed that you signed your contract and wrote down your availability with your right-hand, so I assumed your right hand was your dominant hand. However, I do notice that you use your left hand quite often as well, almost as if your left hand was your dominant hand. Are you perhaps ambidextrous?” Kincade noted. 

Kirin looked at Kincade with a surprised expression. “I didn’t realize Mr. Orrs paid attention to such details. But unfortunately, I’m not. I’m right-handed.” 

“Oh, that’s interesting.” 

“Well, even though I'm not ambidextrous, I’m not limited to only one hand. Why should I always use my right hand when I also have my left hand?” Kirin randomly threw the question out there. 

A glint quickly flashed through Kincade’s eyes but it was just a quick flicker so Kirin paid it no mind. 

Kincade then gave a mysteriously sweet smile, “That’s a rather interesting point.” 

The waitress brought over the food they ordered and they both dug in, putting aside the previous subject, moving onto the next topic.  

=== 

After they finished their late-night snack, it was already 2 in the morning. Time flew by so fast, Kirin thought. He then turned to look at Kincade and gave him a bright smile. 

“Thanks for the meal, Mr. Orrs. I’ll be sure to treat you out once I get paid.” Kirin signaled for a taxi. 

When he got it, before he closed the door, he saw Kincade walk close to the door. 

“Get home safely.” 

“You as well.” 

Over the next few days, Kirin was able to get a card that permitted him up to the VVIP floors, and he was not afraid to stop by frequently, either to bother Kincade or to just simply be by his side.  

After having the conversation with S-01, it got Kirin thinking. Maybe... just maybe... Kincade might be Jin from his first world... From that point on, Kirin became more observant about Kincade – about his likes, dislikes, what he was good at and what he was horrible at. There were some aspects that were the same if not similar, and then there were some aspects that were foreign to him, but Kirin focused on the similarities.   

Although Kirin was doing this, he wasn’t actually sure what he was excepting to receive in the end. Too bad there wasn’t a way for him to verify if they had the same soul or not. But if he was Jin, what was Kirin going to do? Chase after him and declare his love for him? Probably. And why is that? It’s because he fell head over heels for Jin.  

But this affection had nothing to do with lust, though that was one of the many forms of love, it just happened to be because it was Jin. It was as simple as that. However, Kirin was also aware of the possibility that if it was Jin’s soul, there’s a chance that the affection would not be returned, as well as the possibility that Kincade was not Jin at all. Kirin was quite confident in his gut-feeling and intuition, so he continued pestering Kincade. 

===

Because Kirin has been frequently visiting Kincade, Kincade’s secretaries and assistants were quite aware of the special treatment this young man was receiving from their usually kind and quiet, but distant, boss. It was quite the sight to see. They even noticed how every time Kirin was there, the tiredness and fatigue from Kincade would be replaced with an energetic aura, enjoying the moments he had with Kirin since the young man has yet to be bombarded with work.  

In a blink of an eye, the two weeks passed. Bryce and Christopher returned, bought a villa in the suburbs of the city while the relationship between Kincade and Kirin became much closer than before. 

46