Chapter 7
603 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up when morning came. I was already used to waking up in this room instead of my home. After feeling a little homesick I came down to eat. The meal was again delicious. Maria seeing that I have a happy expression on my face asked me why.

[Satoru-san, why are you so happy today?](Maria)

[You see, today im going to the dungeon. I’m pretty excited about that.](Satoru)

[To the dungeon? Are you an adventurer Satoru-san?](Maria)

[Well, I became one yesterday so I’m kinda new.](Satoru)

[But aren’t adventurers supposed to do some odd jobs before going into the dungeon?](Maria)

[That’s right, they do. I have already done all of the them so my rank is now G.](Satoru)

[Good luck then! You must surely come back on time. I’m going to cook the meals this time so you must taste them!](Maria)

[Hou, then I will try to be on time. I can’t wait to taste your cooking.](Satoru)

As I said that with a smile she blushed a little and ran off to the kitchen.

(What an energetic girl, I hope she achieves her dream of being a better cook than her father. It is a long road for sure but I believe she can do it. I didn’t see him but his cooking is the best. I should go now, can’t wait to use magic.)

I went out and walked in the direction of the gate where Alfred is supposed to be. Along the way I saw a lot of adventurers.

(They are most likely coming to the dungeon too. Well, I will go somewhere else first. There is supposed to be a plain with only grass beside that forest. There I shouldn’t bother any people and they probably won’t pay attention to me either. Oh there is Alfred, I should greet him too as it seems that he saw me.)

[Good morning Alfred-san!](Satoru)

[Good morning Satoru-kun, where are you going that early in the morning?](Alfred)

[I’m going to the dungeon today. Do you have any advice?](Satoru)

[Advice huh? Well you better not attack a monster if the other person fights it. If you attack it you can surely gain experience but it is the same as stealing. You should only attack it if the other person asks for your help. The bosses should be at every fifth floor. This dungeon only has 30 floors though. There is a small road that leads to the dungeon on the left side of the main road. You should follow it like the others.](Alfred)

As he said that he pointed where the adventurers are going. There really was a small road leading somewhere.

[You surely know a lot of things about the dungeon.](Satoru)

[Well, I was an adventurer in the past. I used to go to the dungeon so I know a little.](Alfred)

[Okay then I will go now, bye](Satoru)

[Don’t be too hard on yourself there!](Alfred)

(Alfred, what a nice guy. Talking to him feels like I’m equal to him. It wasn’t anything like that back on earth. No use crying over now, even if they are somewhere in this world it isn’t like I won’t meet them. I wonder how Azuki-san is doing.)

I first walked in the direction where the plain was supposed to be. It didn’t take me much time to search for it as I found it after walking for around 5 minutes. I started looking around to check if there are any people here.

(Good, it seems that there isn’t anyone here. Now, how about I start practicing magic like they said in books? The information there said that I need mana and imagination. Should I start imagining a fireball? But I don’t get the feeling that I have mana. Maybe if I use appraisal many times I will get the feeling? It uses mana after all.)

With the sudden idea I started to appraise everything around. Along with the feeling of exhaustion there was this mysterious feeling. I tried to grasp it but it was hard to do. I repeated that process countless times until I grasped it. I was pretty exhausted.

(I finally grasped it! Man that was tiring, but what can’t I do for magic! I should wait for my mana to replenish as I’m low on it right now. I can also see how fast is the recovery,)

I sat on the ground and waited. After around 2 minutes all of my mana recovered.

(So it takes 2 minutes to recover all of my mana huh? I wonder if this is fast or not. It probably is, I have that feeling. Yosh, I should be able to do it now. I should imagine a fireball first as it feels the easiest to do.)

For me, who didn’t have magic right from the start it was hard detect mana. But after doing the method of trail and error finally grasped it. All that was now needed was the right amount of mana and imagination.

(In novels there is something like a chant but there is no way I’m doing that, it’s embarrassing. I can’t imagine shouting some lines like “Fireball come forth”. Okay, so lets start with this magic! I’m so excited right now!)

When I started concentrating I closed my eyes. I made a fireball image in my mind. It was a bright red fire, like the ones in bonfires. I always liked fire so the image was based on that. I felt my mana leaving my body, I then opened my eyes and what I saw was fascinating. It was a big fireball, as big as my torso. I then heard an announcement in my head.

[You have learned Mana manipulation skill!]
[You have learned Fire magic skill!]
[You have acquired Fire magician title!]

(Hou, mana manipulation huh. So that means that to use mana you need that skill. Or do you? I don’t know, I will have to appraise some magicians to see if it’s true. Let’s appraise them to see if the skills have any effect.)

[Mana manipulation]: It’s easier to control mana. Reduces mana consumption by 2%.
[Fire magic]: You are able to use fire magic. The higher the level of the skill the less mana you consume for fire spells. The higher the level of the skill the higher the power of fire spells.
[Fire magician]: The user is able to use fire attribute magic.

After succeeding the creation of fire magic on first try I tried doing the rest. An icicle for ice, a trock bullet for earth, a thunder for lightning, a water ball for water, a wind slash for wind, a shadow blade for dark magic and a light blade for light magic. It exhausted all of my mana so I stopped to recover some of it. I learned all of the attributes besides one. It was the space attribute. I wondered how can I use space magic.

(Is this magic supposed to be like teleport or something? Hmm, how a teleportation would work. I could imagine myself appearing in the space in front of me but is it really that easy to do? Maybe something like walking through a crack in space to arrive there? It would be something akin to a dimension door. To do that I need to drop something here, the bag should suffice. If my theory succeeds then I will move away from the bag with space magic.)

I tried both of the theories. The verdict? Both of them were correct. One is for short teleportation that is in my range of vision. The other one is like the teleport I know, it’s for long distance. But when I tired to do it again it seemed that I didn’t need to imagine going through a crack in space. I just arrived to where I was imagining to use the space magic. After learning all of the attribute magic I checked my status but it was pretty messy with all those skills. I thought about arranging it in my mind. Then the next time I recalled my status it was all arranged as I wanted.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Sex] Male
[Age] 16
[Level] 20
[Job] Apprentice Fighter
[HP] 140/140
[MP] 150/150
[Physical Strength] 85
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 85
[Stamina] 80
[Endurance] 70
[Skills]:
[Fatigue resistance 3]

[Mana manipulation 1], [Fire magic 1], [Ice magic 1], [Water magic 1],
[Earth magic 1], [Wind magic 1], [Lightning magic 1], [Dark magic 1], [Light magic 1],
[Space magic 1].

[Cooking 2], [Cleaning 1]

[Hard body 2]
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 3], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense],[????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [????]

(So all of the magician titles disappeared and combined into this one title? Better appraise it, maybe it has some effect.)

[Multi elemental magician]: The user is able to use all of the attributes. You can combine different elements.

(Nice! I can combine the different elements. The trick to it is that the elements have different uses. Light and water magic can be used for healing. Dark magic can be used for curses, and besides space magic the rest is for attacking only. Space magic is more for transportation but I hope I will find many more uses for it. Can’t wait to come up with a brilliant ideas on how to use all of these magics.)

After ending all of the magic testing I followed the path to the dungeon. The path was a little curved but there weren’t any threats on it. There were still adventurers walking in the direction of the dungeon.

(I wonder what does it look like inside? Are the monsters stronger than the ones I met before? I guess I’m gonna find out soon enough.)

I finally arrived in front of the dungeon. The entrance was like a stone cave but there were two big stone doors. They were opened wide as if inviting you to the dungeon. There were a lot of parties near the entrance but I paid them no mind. I went inside right away. Inside there was a plain, just like the one I saw outside. I wondered what kind of monster inhabits this floor but then I heard a familiar rustling sound. What came out of the grass was the horned rabbit. The first and only monster I know for now. I killed it instantly, not wasting even a second. I was surprised how quickly I reacted when it appeared. I then stuffed it into my item box.

(So my reaction speed increased. Is it increased to the max? As expected of a unique skill huh. The horned rabbit had level 4 so my level didn’t increase. I wonder if I can detect the monsters using magic. I should try it, in novels there are detection skills so maybe there is one too.)

I tried spreading my mana around me. I could do that thanks to the mana manipulation skill and my efforts. After 5 minutes or so I started sensing something around me. It’s presence was small but I could feel it. When I looked in that direction, there on the ground stood a horned rabbit. Then I heard the announcement in my head.

[You have learned Sense presence skill!]

[Sense presence]: Passive skill. You can sense danger and monsters in 10 meter radius.

(So I was right, there is a detection skill. With this killing monsters will be easier, like a lot. Now I should explore the first floor and farm the monsters.)

The first monsters I found were very low on levels. I proceeded deeper into the dungeon to find out if there will be higher level monsters. Lucky for me it was true, the first monsters I found were around level 4 but those further into the dungeon had from 10 to 15 levels. When hunting the monsters I also found the stairs to the next floor. But I didn’t go down, I assumed that going to the next floor without a weapon would be bad. There weren’t many people on the first floor so I could hunt to my heart’s content. I had much more time thanks to the teleport ability. I would just teleport near the gates and then come into the city. After hunting forty rabbits or so I ended the hunt. I didn’t use magic this time because I would damage the bodies.

(I have more or less an outlay of the first floor in my head. It isn’t that big of a place so it wasn’t that hard to remember. Now time to go back, I can’t wait to taste Maria’s cooking, I hope it’s gonna be delicious like her fathers.)

I making sure no one sees me teleported 2 times. First time to the forest around the road. Then after recovering my mana I teleported near the gates of the city. It took all of my mana though so I needed to rest. After recovering a little I arrived at the gate and greeted Alfred. Then I rushed to the adventurers guild. I didn’t want to be late so I immediately came to Hugo-san and entered the back door.

[So boy, what did you hunt today?](Hugo)

[The same as before, horned rabbits.](Satoru)

[The same eh. And how many of them this time?](Hugo)

[I have hunted forty today.](Satoru)

As I said that I began to take out all of the horned rabbits. Hugo-san was pretty astonished seeing me take all of the corpses outside.

[And forty, that’s all of them.](Satoru)

[You, how did you hunt so many in a day? A newbie adventurer is able to hunt mostly ten.](Hugo)

[I just hunted them normally? Is there a problem?](Satoru)

I said that and tilted my head wondering if something was wrong.

[N-no there isn’t any problem, come to the counter, I will give you your pay.](Hugo)

We proceeded to the counter and I received the money. I was pretty happy of acquiring money through killing monsters. I killed them to level up and the money was just a bonus.

(I gained another 8 silver coins. Now I’m only 12 silver away from getting that dagger. I will try to hunt as many rabbits as I can tomorrow. My job will probably hit level 100 soon if I grind like that. Well that’s good, I wonder if I gained access to a different job now. It seems I can’t change it when it isn’t at max level.)

Having a conversation with myself in my mind I arrived at the inn. When I entered I smelled a nice fragrance. I sat at my usual spot and waited for the food to arrive. After a short while Maria came out of the kitchen with my meal. After giving me the meal she went to give the food to other customers. It was a salad with a tender looking meat on a plate. When I chewed the meat the juices of it overflowed in my mouth. It was delicious, nothing more nothing less. I hastily gulped down the meal. After stuffing myself Maria came to me.

[So Satoru-san, how was my meal?](Maria)

[It was delicious, it seems you aren’t that inferior to your father you know? In my opinion its very good. I have never ate something that tasty before.](Satoru)

[Hehe, I tired my best so it’s good to know that it’s tasty. Thank you Satoru-san.](Maria)

After saying that she again walked in the direction of the kitchen. I on the other case came to my room, I was exhausted hunting those rabbits. I checked my status, and besides my level being a lot higher than it was before there was also a new skill.

[Hand to hand combat]: Allows you to fight better when barehanded. The higher the level the more precision and the faster the attacks.

I read the explanation and went to sleep.

3