Chapter 45
417 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The person that stood on the exit of the arena was unexpectedly Alexia. She seemed to be waiting for someone. Then she suddenly looked at us and smiled. It seems that she was waiting for us. I approached her with the intention to ask why is she waiting for us.

[Hello Alexia, you performed great on the first round.](Satoru)

[Haha, thank you for that.](Alexia)

[By the way, were you waiting for us?](Satoru)

[Yes, It’s because I saw your fight. I want to ask you a question.](Alexia)

[Sure, ask away.](Satoru)

[Do you want to attend the Sword academy? I know that you are qualified enough to enter it. Maybe you could even rank among the top five.](Alexia)

[Thanks for the invitation, but unfortunately I’m not interested in that sort of thing. I prefer fighting monsters rather than people.](Satoru)

[Is that so? Then that’s a shame. Then, I have another question, are you going to the dungeon today?](Alexia)

[Yeah, we probably will, but that will be a bit later. For now we want to tour the capital and enjoy the battle festival.](Satoru)

[Oh really? Then how about I be your guide?](Alexia)

[E-eeh, for Alexia to be our guide is a little...](Satoru)

When I said that, I could see Alexia pouting, it was cute.

[Is it because I’m a princess?](Alexia)

[W-well](Satoru)

[Please don’t worry about it.](Alexia)

[Sigh, alright, alright you won. Please be our guide for today.](Satoru)

[Good.](Alexia)

She seemed pleased by the fact that I accepted her as our guide.

(Is she that free even as a second princess? Anyway now that I agreed I can’t go back on my words. If I want to tour the capital then surely a second princess as our guide is quite good. She surely knows much more about the capital than a normal citizen.)

We began touring the city that is still bustling with people because of the festival.

[E-excuse me Alexia-san.](Lisa)

[Please call me Alexia.](Alexia)

[Y-yes, Alexia do you know any shops where they sell good meat dishes?](Lisa)

I chuckled hearing Lisa’s question. She loves meat as always so taking an advantage of the opportunity to ask a knowledgeable person she asked Alexia about it. If it comes to meat she can eat and eat and never get enough. Although she is a bit gluttonous but the expression she makes while eating the meat is too enjoyable to watch.

When Alexia heard her question she pondered for a while.

[Hmm, if you want a good meat dish then I recommend the Grizzly restaurant. They have various dishes but most of them consists of a large portion of meat. I’m sure it will be to your taste. It’s actually near the arena because that’s where the most people are so there are many customers. The dishes aren’t that high but the food is very tasty.](Alexia)

[Thank you very much! I’ll be sure to visit it later.](Lisa)

Just like that while asking some questions to Alexia we toured the big capital. Alexia while guiding us through the city told us it’s history. In the past there was supposedly a person who found the dungeon and explored it. Upon completing it he decided that he will create a big city and name it Dragran. The drag part is from the word dragon and ran are the first letters of his name. They don’t actually know that person’s name but they know about that, which is weird. After two hours of or so we ended touring the capital and came in front of the dungeon.

[With that we toured the whole capital. Are you going to enter the dungeon now?](Alexia)

[Yeah we will.](Satoru)

[Then can you allow me to join your party just for today?](Alexia)

[Are you sure about that? I don’t really know the full extent of your abilities.](Satoru)

(Even though I can appraise her and have a rough estimate of how strong she is I can’t be sure. I know that her swordsmanship is good but I didn’t see her fighting a monster before. She supposedly defeated a bladeclaw with her team so I guess she is strong enough to face a bladeclaw?)

[Don’t worry about that, now I’m strong enough to face a bladeclaw alone.](Alexia)

(I guess she has her ways huh.)

[Alright then, but I fight around the fifty first floor. Are you sure you will be alright?](Satoru)

[I think I should manage?](Alexia)

(What is with that questioning answer?)

[If I will be in danger I’m sure you will help me right?](Alexia)

[Sigh, what does make you trust me so much? Also, it my seem rude for me to say that, but is there any particular reason you stick with us?](Satoru)

[I guess in both cases I can say I have a hunch. I feel like you aren’t a bad person so that’s why I trust you, as for me approaching you I just judge you as an interesting person. It may also be somewhat related to my ability. I feel that you are different from other people because, if I asked other people to call me by my name they wouldn’t agree.](Alexia)

She does have an instinct skill so it indeed may be related to her skill. Anyway, I didn’t question her anymore and agreed to her request.

[By the way, did you step onto the fifty first floor?](Satoru)

[Yeah, after we defeated the bladeclaw I entered it just in case so I could teleport there with the teleport circle.](Alexia)

[All right then come with us.](Satoru)

We entered the teleportation circle and arrived at the fifty first floor. The enemy’s name is Impaler. It looks just like a big person made out of rocks. As to why is he named Impaler, it is probably related to it’s hands. Well it doesn’t exactly have hands, instead it has big lances that could create a big hole in a person’s torso. It certainly looks scary with all of that, you can also say that juggernauts are scary as well.

I also saw some lances in the weapon’s shops that were called Impaler lance. It is probably made out of the impaler’s lances, and because it’s actually a bone it’s hard as well. It’s attacks are annoying too, when it doesn’t manage to pierce through you it actually tries to smash you with the lance. It’s pretty fast but not as fast as other B rank monsters so I can evade it if I don’t let my guard down. Also it seems that it’s back is a weak spot because that’s where it’s armor is the thinnest.

[The strategy is that I will use provoke on it, you two will attack it from behind. Be careful of it’s arms.](Satoru)

I said that as I took out my great sword. Alexia seemed surprised that I didn’t take out my double swords. Well I don’t intend to use my great sword in the arena after all. I’m at least used to fighting with it now, I hope I will quickly get proficient enough to fight people with it and control my strength.

[[Alright!]]

I rushed to the monster and used my provocation skill on it. It quickly registered me as it’s target and rushed at me at a pretty fast speed. When I deflected it’s strike with my sword I quickly caught it’s attack with my arm. The swing was powerful but thanks to me using my berserk skill I could catch it just fine. While I did that Lisa and Alexia both showered it with attacks. Lisa used her fire magic on her blade as always and Alexia seemed to use non attribute magic on her sword, and rapidly slash at the same place.

The Impaler tried to move so it could face them, but with me holding it’s “hands” it couldn't. When it felt, that if it didn’t manage to throw me off it couldn't defend from the attack, it recklessly tried to release itself. It roared from what seemed to be it’s mouth and it’s strength suddenly doubled. My danger sense activated so I quickly shouted.

[Both of you get back!]

The girls followed my command and left just before it turned around. It swung it’s arms at the place where they were standing before. Although it managed to release itself from me it also exposed it’s back to me. I brandished my sword and added some skills like smash, strong cut and lethal strike. I also didn’t forget to add some mana into the attack. When the sword came down it made a deep cut from up to it’s arm to it’s lower half. After my attack it let out a painful roar and fell to the ground.

[You have leveled up!]

I wasn’t exactly surprised as my attack power combined with the skills and magical power would do that much. The amount of power is tremendous already, I wonder how much stronger will it be if I use it after leveling up a couple of high grade jobs.

6