Chapter 3: Experimentation
2k 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The 3rd daughter of the Duke of the Reign Family.
Stephany Reign
Silent Lake, the Reign Family’s vicinity.
 

Seating at the edge of the small wharf as I let my feet submerged under the cold water. The lake was surrounded by numerous trees. Hence, making the atmosphere cool and cozy. I can even let myself fall asleep here.

But, it’s not like I need to sleep.

By the way before arriving here, I must pass a wall that surrounds our manor, then afterwards it will be the silent forest, and this is still the vicinity of our house. There is no way in getting here other than going through the  main gates. 

And by passing through the walls, I used a skill called [blink], a silent magic that could easily transport the user without getting notice nor disturbing the natural mana. It can go through walls and can be casted easily.

The shimmering light penetrated between the leaves while it flutters from the passing winds. It was peaceful, if only this would last for eternity. Now that I think of it, there is something missing, and that is a boat!

Maybe I should ask father… Although I can create them, but it’ll attract attention as to how it was created and who made it. So, I’ll probably pass on making it.

Looking left and right, there was no one near me, so I summoned my archive and took a book to read. Now that I think of it, the books inside my archive will not give me information that I want.

Why you ask? I mean, if my archive is storing the books from other worlds, and out there are an infinite amount of worlds! Thus, there is a little or close to nothingness chance to read the books from this world. Well, there is no settings that I can mess around with, like set the archives in this world.

Even if there was, I can still get books from a different timeline. So yeah, it’s pretty useless to get information through my archive. I always get your-everyday-book, and occasionally, I would stumble across a certain wisdom and knowledge about books. Or sometimes spells books or grimoires that I don’t need, and sometimes  practical magics.

Which are all I already know, however, with an infinite of magic. I can still forget one of them. Hence, I am reviewing magic. So don’t get an idea that I’m a bookworm. Well, technically I am. Tsk.

So, I came with an idea of having Grey to buy books for me. Not that I can’t do it for myself, but I find it too troublesome to do, well there is no harm if it is me who will buy it. Or I can ask my father for another library, but it’ll hurt my father’s reputation so I’ll pass.

I let out a sigh in my head, there is no problem in terms of money. After all, I can do alchemy craft. Turning anything through magic [Synthesis] [synergistic] [logic] and transmutation]. Or just the actual alchemy craft which is [Physical creation]. They seem to be many, but there not that much.

Thinking too much makes me feel dizzy. Not that it actually is.

Pondering hard in my mind, I sense 8 presences in this forest. 8 monsters? No, is it people? I can’t tell, but I can tell it’s not food. Just to be sure, smelling sense upgrade through magic! No, I’m just kidding.

Rushing and rushing. I can feel the disturbance of mana, since physical objects can move magicals, when a physical moves, the entire natural mana will move until it dies down. That is what my senses in magic. But there is also [mana zone], but I won’t use it. 

These 8 presences are 6 monsters that is fanged wolves and the other is humans. The humans are getting pursued by the monsters huh? Well, it’s not my business so I won’t help.

Soon, the 2 individuals entered my sight. Just across the lake, I can see two youthful and good looking boys with an attire for hunting, they were currently being chased by fanged wolves. Oh~ I assumed that because of your good looks even the wolves chases you?

Both of them split and goes around the lake, by the way, both of them had blonde hair and their clothes embedded with their noble symbol, also they have the same age as my sister, Freya. The 2nd daughter of the Reign family, her age is 15 and I’m 11.

“HELP!!!” They shouted unison.

AS they went around the lake, they went straight to our manor. They didn’t seem to notice me, but the fanged wolves stop their movements and turns around to me. I couldn’t be undetected at all! And by means of conceal earlier, I only cast it on my spatial magic. So that it won’t disturb the mana around me when I cast witchcraft. 

Currently, my [conceal] is not supported in any base. So, it’s just your normal conceal magic. 

The wolves came closer to me while being in caution and held their formation. I could use [blood harvest] and store their blood for later use. However, I remembered that I have a pending experimentation towards the monsters. 

The other option is to use my magic [frozen], but that would mean I have to lose conscious so that they won’t raise suspicion of how I casted my magic without a wand. By the way, I was wearing a long black robe enough to cover my entire body as well as a hoodie to cover my head. And on the inside, I wore a loose white sleeves paired with a black skirt, Well, I’m not really into fashion.

Appearance aside, the fanged wolves were 2 times bigger than your average wolf, fangs that can sink and lock under your skin. They don’t have any changes other than its size. When the fanged wolves step at the wooden part of the dock, I took off my hoodie and turned around to them.

Glaring at them with vicious eyes, they trembled in fear. They were unable to move, but kneels down as if it was asking for mercy. The experimentation went better than I expected. This was the work of [Evil Eyes] skill, has the effect of [fear] [paralysis] and [insanity], they came from witchcraft, necromancy craft and bloodcraft.

Since the experimentation is completed, I decided to spare them because I don’t want to ruin my current mood. I turned around to the lake and enjoy the morning, while doing so, I put on my hood. afterwards, the wolves ran away.

They didn’t attack back and obediently ran away. 

I obtained [Evil eyes] through Bloodcraft, and it can be considered as my skill. I leisurely enjoyed my morning, I hope that this would go on forever, or so I thought. But they came. What? Isn’t that too early? I mean, it’s been a few minutes pass since that happened.

I sense the presence of 30 individual people and it seems that they already surrounded the lake too.  Hmm, I can use [blink] if I want too. But I’m curious to what my [conceal] can do to humans. Hence, I will take the risk even if I get captured by either Grey or Freya.

These 30 beings that surrounds the lake are actually soldiers and they came closer to the lake as they surround it. I stood at the wharf, yet they seem to not have noticed me. It seems that even just [conceal] magic, it’s already effective to them. Even though [Conceal] is just a base for other magics. 

I was disappointed in them. Anyway, I didn’t mind them anymore and decided to go back to the library. I passed through the soldiers, still they didn’t notice me. 

Once I had took a long space between the soldiers and I took a nice walk, although this takes my time off my reading. But I can always just read it for later. Everything is peaceful. Or so that’s what I thought, but then I saw my siblings oldest brother - Linux and together with my older sister -Merry 

And behind them were several people that has noble aura clothes, which I assume they were the ones they brought home. Is this their current vacation? I don’t know so don’t ask me. In any case, I silently went around them.

As soon as they passed, it seems that they didn’t notice me. Did they? Or did they ignore me? Either way, it doesn’t matter. As I was about to continue my walk, someone jumped at me and made a critical hit at my stomach area. I should be able to avoid the person who bump, but it would entirely be impossible for a ‘normal’ to dodge that.

Hence, I acted. The one who bump at me was Freya. Wait, in the first place, how did she know? And I didn’t even notice her only in the split second when she jumps! Sh*t, she pinned on the ground and acted as if I was struggling.

I wanted to use my sheer force to get out of this situation, but it should be impossible if it was a normal girl right? I acted. Even though I’m in dire situation. 

“STEPH! STEPH! STEPH!” She repeatedly shouted my name as she hugs me tightly.

I didn’t mind her and turned around to my siblings. But, I was given a cold glare by them.

“STEPH! STEPH!” She continued.

Meanwhile, my siblings resume their walk. They just left us behind huh? Oh, they already are.

Freya raises her face as she shakes my body and said with a beautiful smile at the end.

“I’m back!”

I wanted to cry, but couldn’t do it. Of course, it’s an act if I cried so don’t get me wrong. Additionally, this was the first time I look at her up close, and she was the only I can get skinship with.

I locked my gaze at her blue pupils that almost look like a jewel, a shoulder-length blonde hair cascaded onto my checks. Her glossy pinkish lips, I can feel her breath from here. Such Frightening existence made my whole body to shiver.

Compared to mine, I have a silver hair that said is a demon’s child, and my pinkish pupils sometimes changes to red. In this world silver, platinum and white are said to be a child of demon, similar to the pink, red and black eyes are treated the same. They said it was a curse of some sorts.

Well, it’s not my fault for being born with this two curse appearance! All of my siblings are blonde, orange and brown colored hair! They have jewel green and blue eyes! They are treated as special wherever they go.

No, it must be our name that made them special.

I grabbed her shoulder and pushed her down to the side. Or so I thought, but I decided not too and act as if I’m struggling. Well, it’s really dangerous if I was found out. A little girl like me who is 11 years old and is more powerful than her older sister that has aged 15 years old. It’ll be completely nonsense.

Should I use it? No, I don’t want to use it for my convenience. I don’t want my only sister I consider to hate me. No, if there was a dire situation between me and Freya. I will still think of me and not Freya. Yeah, I sound selfish so be it,

Many seconds passed, I sensed another presence coming towards us with haste. The ground beneath me, I could feel a slight tremble. I look at the presence which was coming to us, and so did Freya.

The one that was running is my brother, Daniel. I let out a sigh for another troublesome barging in. He walks in front of us and said.

“I heard it from father that you can now use your magic. I believe it was [frozen] magic. If so” Even he didn’t finish his sentence yet, I somehow knew it “Duel me!”

Daniel has a brown hair and always have a pride on his chest. He always bothers me to duel him even though he knows I can’t win. Not that I can’t. He just wants to show off, I think. Though I can beat him right here, right now. But it’ll attract attention and make Daniel’s life to be miserable.

I shake my head sideways as if saying I refuse. I don’t want to battle him until he learns the etiquette of dueling.

“Huh? You’re still weak after all! The weakest of the Reign Family!”

Yeah, Yeah. Quit being a pussy and be matured already, I really hate your guts. You’re the more disgraceful than I am you know? Bullying the weak is simply what an airhead would do, is I wanted to say, but I held it down inside.

“You can’t do that!” Freya cried out to save. Aren’t you to late?

However, her grip on my shoulder had weakened, Hence, I took this opportunity to act and pushed the unguarded Freya to the side and ran away as quickly as possible. Of course, only at the level of a human girl. The other might have found out that the wolves are long gone and they had seen me that I was there. 

And it would result in me as a suspect of the wolves disappearance.

Not that it really matters to them.

I quickly stride to the walls and senses there was no one around me nor in the inside of the wall. Then, I used [blink] to get back inside our house without entering the main gate. By the way [Blink] can only be used for short distance transportation, though the more mana you give, the more distance you can travel.

Though, if you use [blink] to go 1km forward, you’ll be wasting 8/10 of your Mana, whereas [transport] spell at the same distance, you’ll be wasting at least 2/10 of your Mana . Also, don’t ask me how the gets into waste without disturbing natural Mana.

Well, I can cast them for a long transportation without getting to worry about Mana shortage, I have immeasurable mana pool after all

As I arrived at a blink of an eye at the other side, I stumbled myself into something weird. To which I had stumbled to, is a blonde girl in a maid uniform. Though, I found it strange. Her physical appearance is clearly hidden under the [shadow] magic.

Her Mana is also dense and compress, like any class that specialize in agility. Like samurai or perhaps assassins. By the way, I’m still above her. But I quickly got up and looked at her, thinking. Oh~ she’s definitely an assassin. I didn’t sense her presence, if I focus on my mana zone. Even now, it’s just a faint.

What do I do? While I was in my dire situation, she said.

“How do you do? Milady Stephany?”

Though, I can’t believe that she’s an assassin, despite her age. She is around 17-18 years old or so. Although, if she’s not an assassin, then what is? 

Looking at her carefully, she has an orange hair that cascades under her boobs, paired with a cute face and light blue pupils. I gaze at her alluring contours of her body, the slender curves made all the way down to her waist, she is a perfect girl.

And there is no way that she is an assassin sent to kill me, right? Let’s forget the fact that this is the first time I saw her here. Actually no, just to make sure that she is not an intruder or something, clearly not an excuse for using her as an experiment. I lifted my hoodie to where my eyes can be seen from the other party.

I locked at her eyes and activated my [evil eyes], it still has  [fear] [paralysis] and [insanity], of course.

Since my personal maid just died, and I didn’t even conduct at least a single experiment to her. What a waste… 

Her face went pale as it grew a horrified expression. Her body trembles in fear, I can hear her teeth grinding and her hands tightly grip on the hem of her clothes, and unexpectedly she leak herself.

I see, it has more effect on humans? I see.

“HIEK!” She let a shriek

“You are?” I asked without deactivating my skill [Evil Eyes]

“I-I am” Her voice was quivering, but still she did her best to speak “I’m Rachael, assigned to be your personal maid” While saying so, she puts her palm to her cheeks, looking so cute. But unfortunately, I am not a boy so I am not affected by it.

“I see” I said “You, pretend you never saw anything that happened here?”

She gives me numerous nods. However, I am not satisfied with just that, I added a threat to her. Actually that’s just an excuse to how effective will she obey me by using the [evil eyes]

“If not I’ll torture you to death”

Her whole body shiver as she let out a tear. She then repeatedly say.

“Yes, yes, yes!” 

DId I overdid it? Well, that’s it for the experimentation I guess? Well, just wait for the results huh? Don’t look at it with that disgusted gazed, I only made a countermeasure so that it’ll not harm my peace.

If it’s for my peace, I will do anything to achieve it. I don’t want anyone to take it away from me.

Afterwards, I silently stride towards my room without letting anyone know I was outside. Well, it’s not like they will be angry at me for going out

31