Chapter 7
1.6k 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the living room of the Reign Family. The head of the Family, Alusu Reign, sat at a fancy chair while facing at his daughters and sons. There was also concerned guest sitting at the long fancy chair. In fact, there is also a princess of this country staying at the Reign'.

Cristabel Ella Gothoff Demiurge, is the name of the 2nd Princess of this country.

At this time, Steph is safely retrieved to the household and is now sleeping in her room with a piano prepared.

It was supposed to be a surprise party for Steph, because she has yet to experience her birthday party and the piano was a gift for Steph. Although, they didn’t expected that this would happen. Experience warriors like Alusu and Linux, and Experienced mages like the princess, Grey and Merry.

They felt a shockwaves of Mana being burst out in a certain site in the forest, they called out the soldier and investigated it quickly. Then they see the freezing cold of the forest, the ground and trees were turned to ice. It was most likely Steph’s magic power. However, why did it went rampage all of the sudden? She still can't use it, after knowing it without practice. That’s what Alusu thought.

Hence, he dashed forward to the very center of the freezing forest with his horse, thereupon he saw the bandits literally frozen in ice. He even noticed that the ice itself has magic like a magic crystal or mana stone. He search for Steph and saw her laying down on the ground completely unconscious and is well. He also saw Rachael just a little further.

That was how they recovered Steph.

In any case, the room is filled with silence, but the wood sat on fire in the chimney made bickering noises. Making the room feel dense and awkward at the same time.

But then Professor Grey comes inside the room and breaks the silence by saying.

“Her life is not endangered.”

The people inside made a sigh of relief except for the elder siblings, the elder sister – Merry clicked her tongue, but was ignored.

“I’m tired, going to sleep” Said Merry and left the room with her friends.

In this room, the only people left is Alusu, Cristabel, Grey, Linux and the other two younger siblings, which were sleeping at the table.

“It’s really a mystery huh?” Muttered by Grey as she gazed at the fireplace with distant eyes. She sat at the comfy sofa, also opposite from Alusu.

Alusu thought so too. Even though it’s his daughter, she was a mysterious living being inside the house. Steph have yet to experience social season held by nobles or royalties. Even if Alusu held one, the party would be inside the town, to where the second house is. Not to mention she has cursed from the demon.

And Steph would be left alone. There is also that mystery where the assigned maids for Steph had always gone missing and have never been found. Hence, the personal maid for Steph is always at high budget. A gold coin every month. Which is worth at least 1 year of living with fun or 2 years of living without fun or so.

They added the fact that they haven’t stick with Steph for at least a day, they don’t know what her attitude is, but at least they know she’s an antisocial person.

In any case, Alusu said to Grey.

“Grey, please continue teaching Steph. I may know a way around of Steph’s hair” He said.

“Yes, leave it to me” Grey said with a pleasant tone, so as her face.

Though, her suffering from catching Steph is kept inside her happy face.

Satisfied with Grey’s answer, Alusu grabbed a tea cup that was prepared at the table. As soon as the rim of the teacup hit Alusu’s lip, a piano plays

They heard a piano playing above. At first it played a random notes, but then it stops and plays an elegant and unheard melody. It played a very sorrow yet nostalgic feels. They all knew it was Steph who was playing the piano.

They became silent and let the melody carried them.

Alusu trembles as he hears the music playing. It was not unknown to him, instead he remembered his previous world. The music carried by her wife was the only thing that makes him remember his previous world.

Before coming in this world 25 years ago, this music is titled “Clair De Lune, by Debussy”. It carried a gloomy feeling and somewhat nostalgic. Alusu gently puts down his cup of tea and heads to Steph’s room.

✦✦✦✦          ✦✦✦✦✦ ✦✦✦✦✦          ✦✦✦✦✦ ✦✦✦✦✦ ✦✦✦✦✦          ✦✦✦✦

My eyes seek the light, but unfortunately it is also dark in my vision. Or rather, I saw an unfamiliar ceiling.

Right, this is my first room. I haven’t sleep here yet until today huh? Since my pet stomach is growling for food, I raise up from my bed. There was no illness nor changes in my body. But there was in my room, it was clean! Not to mention that!

A piano right in front of the balcony’s entrance!

Wait! How!? I look around and search for an answer yet no conclusion reach my mind. But that doesn’t matter right now.

I quietly left my bed and go to the piano. I’m sorry, I’m cheating on you, my dear bed! Anyways, enough of drama. I opened and tried to play the notes. It seems to be okay, there’s no defect either.

I opened the back of the piano using [Psychokinesis] skill and played ‘Claire de Lune by Debussy’. Since I have long for music for quite a while now. Even though I have books it’s still nice to have at least background music.

I indulge myself further in the music and without a single care about the world. Everything is going to be alright. I’m sure that everyone is asleep now. I mean, it’s very dark outside the balcony.

I have yet to check them through my mana zone though. I don’t have time for that, I’ll check it later. Everything is going to be okay.

“Steph?”  A familiar voice resonated throughout the whole room, it seemed like it came from the door.

I stopped playing the piano and turned around with a pale face or so in my imagination. I saw my parents over the door with surprise face.

My hands twitched and moved to my sides, dejectedly. I panic… What should I do? It’s my fault in the first place! If I only check earlier I haven’t gone to this scenario! Urgh! Why!? I became careless because of the piano, I couldn’t control the urge to play a music!

“So you can play piano, huh?” Said Linux with a hint of interest.

“Aren’t you pretty good, Milady Steph” Grey gives a compliment.

Slowly one by one, they came inside my room, Grey sat at the bed, and so did Linux and an unknown lady beside him. While Alusu stands behind me….

What should I do? Cast a wide-range memory jamming magic? I’ll jammed their memory in a single spot where it cannot receive any neuro connection... No, let’s cancel that idea and think something to deceive them.

I turned around and looked at Father.

“Steph” He says as he kneels down in front of me and grabs my hands altogether in the center.

“Where have you learn this music? If I’m right that music is titled ‘Clair de Luna’?” He questioned me with a pleasant eyes and a soft tone of voice.

Wait! Don’t deceive me with that while I deceive you too!

I commence a counter attack while saying.

“Yes, I found a score in the library and memorize it” I said nonchalantly and lock at his eyes.

“I see” He said as he lightly patted my head “Can you play it again?”

I give a nod and return in front of the piano. I played it, however there was something bothering me, the fact that he knew about the title, even though I lied about that.

Strange, is my father, by chance a reincarnated person? No, that would be weird. If her father was a reincarnated person and have inherited the family. Why does he have experience as an adventurer? Why is he a merchant?

Nobles or royalties does not do harsh hardships, instead they take hardships in lordship.

There is a little about his information that I cannot declare an answer. I might as well spy him for at least a week.

Before knowing it, my father was sitting beside me, and Rachael was standing at the door, holding down a tray. There was a cup of tea atop the piano.

I looked at the others and they were sipping their tea in a carefree manner while their head was swaying gently as if they enjoy the music I play, and it seems like Rachael delivered these teas.

After the music ended, the people clapped their hands and gave me compliments. I swiveled my head to them.

“What a wonderful play” Grey said with a hidden of tiredness inside her. It seems like she has been searching for me since morning.

Well, I don’t have anything to say, but I’m impressed! Keep up the good work! Actually no, please don’t keep up the good work and just laze around. Please don’t teach me because it’s unnecessary.

“Surely, that was a magnificent play!” Linux said nonchalantly as he stood up from the bed and added while going towards the door. Rachael instinctively opened the door for him “But, I’m sleepy. Goodnight”

We gaze at his leaving figure in silent, and made Alusu twitch for some reason. He turns around to me and says while panicking.

“Ah! It’s not like he hates it! Don’t think the wrong way!” A tear-like sweat fell down in his face.

I look at him nonchalantly as he made a sigh and compose himself again. He muttered in a whisper-like voice but it was enough to make me hear it.

‘Right, you’re not that emotional huh?’

I didn’t reply to him and instead I look at him with confusion, or so I believe. But it seems that my face won’t change no matter what. Hmm, I think I can fix that with Witchcraft. I can make myself a clone, though an imperfect appearance where it can at least have emotions.

I can transfer my soul into that clone. But, I think I won’t do it. Since there is a very high risk, which the clone cannot sustain or wield my overwhelming power, hence it would disperse into pieces. It’s imperfect after all.

In any case, father clears his throat and says with a serious face.

“Social season is around the corner, I want you to participate” He paused and his expression became bitter. But still, he continued, “I’m sorry if it’s hard for you, but have at least one or two good friends. You don’t have to worry about you hair too”

Oh~ that huh…

Right, social season is where nobles or royalties get together and make known to each other. I don’t really want to join, but I don’t want to be a burden either. Theirs is also marriage, if I want it to be peaceful, then I’ll think I’ll marry a merchant or something.

Not that I have too. I sighed in my head.

While I pondered in thought. My father added.

“Although, I can’t do something for your eyes”

Right, my eyes are red too. Instead of going to high noble parties to humiliate our family, I’ll go with the high merchants or barons. Since my father is a duke, I might as well ask my father to invite baron or merchants to a tea party.

This will be enough to cover my social season.

“Father” I said as I tugged the hem of his suit and continued “Then, can you invite any baron or perhaps a rich merchant for a tea party? For me”

My father startled from my statement, I wonder why. Then suddenly he started crying and hugged my tightly.

“Steph~ I’m so proud of you” He said.

Hey, am I really that? I’m not entirely a NEET, but a NEET bookworm. Wait, isn’t that even worse?

Afterwards, my request was accepted by father. And they head to their rooms to sleep. Father also told me that he has a friend that can my hair to change color, seems to be convenient for me. Father will mostly likely ponder about my debut from now on too…

If that is the case, I probably have to do something about that. Because if not, my debut would be into piano, and the nobles will hire me as a musician for them… it would then become troublesome because of the many request.

I let out a sigh in my head. There’s so much troublesome in the future that I would like to avoid… Seems like I can’t hide in the library forever…Wait, library? Hmm, I ponder more into it as I gaze at the silent lake from the balcony. Although the trees covered some parts of the lake, and was frozen.

The ice like crystal reflects and lit upon basking underneath the moon, and the foggy like smoke rose from above the ice.

It was beautiful even from up here. Into the main thoughts, becoming a librarian is not so bad either. I wonder what qualification is needed in order to become a librarian. I don’t really want to work hard so I think I’ll be working at unpopular library. Money is not a problem either.

“What a wonderful night it is”

A female voice from my side invaded my ears, which made me came back to reality and unconsciously approved.

“Indeed.”

I swiveled my head to where I heard the voice, and saw the girl from before.

She wore a white one piece dress and was fluttered by the wind so as her dark red hair. Her green like emerald eyes swayed somewhere distant and somehow it’s lonely looking at her.

She looks at me with surprise, but then forms a sad smile with her eyes closed. Her hands were also hidden behind her waist and an abundant chest can clearly be seen. I wanted to ask her why… Why are you smiling?

This time, I saw my past self from her. A vicious woman who did nothing but to serve as if she were a dog, she served for her family, pride for her family. A vicious woman who gives fear to all enemies and gives peace to the innocent lives.

An absolute doll…

Those thoughts invaded my head. I shake my head sideways in order not to remember it, and instead I ask the woman in front of me.

“You are?”

“Me?” She said as she looked dumbfounded and surprised at the same time, but she added “I’m Cristabel Ella Gothoff Demiurge, the second princess of the Demiurge Kingdom”

Eh?

<<Magic vs Spells vs Magic Spells and Magic circles>>

<<Magic>>

Magic is only a one type use attribute or element. Magic manifest the use and control the attribute or elements. Attributes or elements does not have any strength nor ability to go stronger or weaker, but with the help of magic. It can be controlled easily.

Manifesting elements by giving large amount of mana will only be at its moderate power but has a large amount of elements. But with magic, the attributes can be manifest with the user’s desired power. Because giving the elements a great ‘power’ it will only change its element and becomes an attribute. <- see chapter 2

Manifesting attributes by giving large amount of mana will only be at its moderate power. But with magic, the attributes can be manifest with the user’s desired power.  

<<Spells>>

Spells are built with numerous magic or be combined with others. Combining magic to make spells, the user must have magic circle as its foundation. Creating a [lightning arrow] spell, the user must combine [Lightning] magic, [Mana arrow] form.

To create a form, the user must have an identical image and create its form with mana. Same with Magic circle, it can be manifested by giving enough mana.

Creating [Icicle explosion] spell, the user must have to combine the attribute and magic, [Icicle] magic from [Ice] attribute and a form [mana Icicle]. Combine with [Explosion] attribute.

<<Magic Spells>>

Magic spells can combine or make the spell become even stronger. If [Lightning arrow] spell was combined with a wind attribute, the lightning arrow will become faster. The spell can also be stronger if added mana.

It is also possible to combine spells and spells. [Icicle Explosion] spell followed with [Lightning arrow] spell or are mixed.

<<Magic Art>>

If a magic is combined with a craft, it may be called as magic art. Though in originality it is called their craft. For example, a [conceal] magic is combined with magus craft, taking the [conceal] magic and paste it on an item. So that, you need the item in order to get the power of [Conceal] magic. It may be called as Magus Craft spell or magic. But it can also be called as ‘Magic art’

<<Skills>>

After so many practice, the user may be able to obtain the skill. Though it can also be acquired from Bloodcraft magic, sacrificing large amount of people that have practice that skill. The user may be able to acquire the skill without having to practice.

It does not have to be magic supported, since you may be able to use it without magic. Although, supporting it with magic, the skill is boosted with the amount of magic it receives. However, it’ll be a one-time use magic supported.

For example, supporting the [jump] skill with magic, you may able to jump very high. But not at the next time.

25