Chapter 9: Social Season Arc 2
1.4k 0 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*TICK* *TOCK * *TICK* *TICK*

At the drawing room of the Reign family… The grandfather clock bickering noise fills the room. Although inside the room, I was sitting alone while reading a book to kill time as I await for my father to come.

I was slightly irritated today because of my little experiment didn’t work as I thought it could be. I experimented with the use of the title [Spirit queen’s friend].

I can talk to the dolls that I made using alchemist craft and magus craft. I can talk to the elements but it doesn’t give a response. I tried talking to the books because I thought it has knowledge but doesn’t have a life.

I can make use of it, but not to a certain extent. For example, I can use this title to make the monster or animals to flee or submit. I can use the title for authority in the forest too.

To-a-certain-extent. I have high expectations for it, I sighed in my head. At least I can talk to the dolls. However dolls that are recently made have a hard time responding back, but the older dolls have no issue responding to me.

I also have to read books in the space I made, and not from the archive.

Add the fact that I forgot to cast multiple spells on the other space too. Because this space allows me to remember the spells I forgotten and maximize my mana quite a lot. But then again, I remembered that there’s a spell from Alchemist craft infused with magus craft that allows me to maximize my mana. And a [Recall] spell that makes me remember to a certain extent of knowledge.

Including memories, of course… Wait, doesn’t that mean that my emotions came back? I mean I gave it 90% of my mana, which means 60% of my memories revive. Although, I consciously not remember the things I did in my past world.

I wanted to look at my facial expression now. Hence, I casted [conceal] and create a mirror using [alchemist creation]. I look at it and tried to smile. I can hardly think of it as a smile, if I practice more I can eventually make a smile. Not that it would matter in the future

Anyways, just eating the 10 stones that I made from Alchemist craft infused with magus craft. I felt my mana pool maximize by 200%. Hence, I’ll be eating at least a hundred stones per day. It’ll be a problem if I run out of mana after all and don’t worry about this body!

After all this body is embedded with magic reinforcement and magic resistance from Bloodcraft. Because sometimes, the average human body cannot hold the mana pool, hence they will cause a huge explosion.

While pondering to what I have done earlier this morning, I make the mirror turn into air using [physical conversion].

I heard a knock at the door, but I didn’t answered. The door opened itself, no. The door was opened by Father, or so the [mana zone] told me. Father comes inside with Grey, who is following from behind. Father sat opposite from me, while Grey sat beside me and the servants move in the background.

Alusu casted a worried expression on his face as he let out a sigh and said.

“Is Steph still not here?”

I was surprised by his statement, but I just remembered that I casted [conceal]. The effects of conceal will stop if I stop supplying it with mana. However, I decided not to and listened to their conversation.

Grey smiled with a hint of fear, her eyebrow twitch visibly in this view and she responded with a polite tone.

“It appears so” Her hands lay down on her thighs and grips hard.

Alusu swiveled his head towards the window at his right and stayed silent. Is he going to wait for me and not continue their conversation? If that is the case, I should say something because I feel sorry for Grey and should I attend to her lessons?

Should I consider having a Summoner as my class?

I mean, my other siblings are very talented at magic. Linux has two magic, [Magic seal] and [Wind Tornado], his also good at swordsmanship and is very intelligent. And due to the magic seal, he is able to choose a target to seal its magic. Though it won’t work if the other party has larger mana capacity than the user.

Merry has also two magic [Water prison] and [Lightning arrow], she has physical power to fight with sword, but not at a long term. She is also a very knowledgeable person, or perhaps a negotiator.

Daniel has [Physical buff] attribute and [Wind slash] magic, his mainly good at swordsman and due to the attribute, he equally stand with Linux, but due to Linux’s battle experience, Daniel always lose. After all, he’s just an airhead, muscle head.

Freya has [enhance] magic and [Tamer] as a class, she inherited [tamer] from mother but not the blessing, hence she is unable to talk to her tamed pets. Although, her pets are ranging at two because she is unable to supply enough mana for three pets. I have yet to see them though

Should I also get another power? Summoner is pretty nice and convenient, it can even be mistaken as a [tamer] class. Because the only difference of it is, the [tamer] class has to tame pets, while [Summoner] class has to summon beings.

There’s also dolls in my mind… What should I pick I wonder.

“It seems that Steph run away again” Said Alusu that made me return to reality.

Alusu took a sip from the cup, which I don’t know how it appeared there, but it seems to be a tea that was prepared by the servants. Grey responds with another trembling voice, which made me think, what Father did to Grey to cause her to this state?

“I’m, I’m very sorry”

Grey downcast her face and starts to tremble greatly. She put her head to her knees and let out a miserable cry. What did he do!? I didn’t intervene and observe them for a little longer. Father then raise his hands and the servants takes it as an indication to go out.

After the last servant that bow before leaving, Alusu said.

“Don’t worry older sister, it’s not your fault.”

OLDER SISTER!? Is this incest? Wait, should I really be here!? No wonder he commanded those servants to leave! Enough of half-joke insult, is Grey really the old one here? If you add my past, you can definitely say that I’m one of the oldest being… I shake my head sideways to forget that I’m thinking about my past again.

If that is true, Grey is the oldest here despite her young-like appearance? And are you really blood-related or just adopted? I’m really confused.

I observed Alusu came in front of Grey and patted her head.

“It’s all in the past now, don’t worry about it”

They really did it! I laugh at myself, such dirty jokes gets me. At this point I’m either interest to their past or just here for insult. In any case, Grey shook her head, which made Alusu to retreat his hand.

Grey said with a slight of unclear voice. “It’s not! I killed older brother so I can survive! It’s my fault!”

Eh!? She continued.

“If only, I didn’t mess up on that demon lord raid…”

These guys are heroes? That answer my question, father is a summoned person in this world to defeat the demon lord! I never knew I have a cool father. Although, the sorrow of Grey tainted my heart and I felt my body twitch.

No, I definitely want to at least pay back Grey, even though she did nothing but chase me all around the house. I change my mind and want to help her. After all, magic is not only for destruction and blood, or so that is what I have been doing in my past

I shake my head again to clear those thoughts and cast a [conceal]. This time it has a Mystic craft as its base, the only craft with the practice of active arc and arcane magic. Even if you don’t learn this craft, you may able to proceed to the next rank (? see previous chapter)

It is because it’s hidden magic circle and formulas. It can create a devastating magic and even defy logic. Though this time, I’ll be using the basic of the basic of them all.

I stood up from the sofa and gently put the book to the table.

“It’s my fault” Grey stated as she cried even louder.

I didn’t mind them and came closer to them without hesitation, after all Mystic craft is all about hiding everything without notice. I don’t even know if I completed this craft because even the researchers told nothing about this craft. I even thought I developed this.

“It’s not your fault! I’m sure brother prefer it that way! Are you going to waste his sacrifice!?” Alusu said with a loud voice, but with a hint of sorrow. It made Grey to avert her head to Alusu.

Grey with a surprised look on her face as a tear runs down from her eyes while I continued to cast my magic. But it was not avoidable to make her not suffer from remembering her brother’s death. I cast a magic spell [Recall] consist with [duplicate] and [sub-thief]. So I got to her memories without making her remember it. That’s why it has sub.

Not that you’ll know. In any case, I casted it to her and searched for her memories of her brother. In the process, my answer is correct. They are both summoned heroes to defeat the demon lord, it has been 25 years since they have been summoned too.

“It’s not your fault”” Father says with sobbing voice, he appears to be crying too.

Stop! I’m going to cry too! Just kidding. After I confirmed his personality, characteristic and appearance from her memories, I copied it through [transformation] magic from alchemist craft. While doing so, I took my grimoire from its satchel and as soon as I move it in front of me, I heard a voice.

[Brief scan for holder… Completed… Holder is the correct owner]

Eh!? It spoke! The grimoire spoke!

[Origin Grimoire activated… A finite amount of Spell book activated… Hidden archive deactivated… Shadow spell book deactivated… 54 spell books had been deactivated]

It really spoke!! Is it due to the title!? It’s really useful after all! There are so many things that I want to try right now. But I have to save it for later and do the things that I need to do. I thought of a blank page and was transmitted to the book, because it opened itself to where it has a blank page.

Wait, Grey is Alusu’s older sister!? Right, he did said that.

I pasted the [transformation] to the blank page. My hands twitched for magic experimentation. I really want to know its use and everything it has within. I want to learn everything but I can’t at the moment.

I returned to where I sat earlier and relaxed myself. So did Alusu after calming down Grey, I don’t really want to hear nor see them with a flirting-like atmosphere, but I have no choice but to hear Grey’s cry and father’s voice.

She wipes her tears and properly began converse Father. In the process I stop feeding mana to the [conceal] spell, and hoping that they notice me, without me showing my presence to them.

I stayed silent and listened to their conversation about me.

“So, how’s Steph doing?” Father asked with a serious face as he lets down his empty cup. He gives off an intimidating aura.

Her downcast eyes strayed towards the empty cup and said “Well, to be honest, she’s always runs away and doesn’t attend at all” while responding, her eyes sometimes glance at Alusu.

Alusu casted a grin and relaxed his shoulders that were stiffened for quite a while now and said.

“Sounds like Steph.” Said Alusu as if making fun of me.

For some reason, I took it as an insult.

“Right” Grey agreed as her gaze cast down.

Alusu then added with a carefree tone “Well, don’t worry about Steph since I plan to make her manage the forest fief when she finishes her education”

Wait, what!? Really! I don’t really need to worry about social season if I don’t invite one! I don’t need to worry about invitation because I can decline one! I’m sure father will deal with it! Not to mention, even if there is paper work, I can make a clone and it’ll develop the fief on its own!

What a bright future I can see.

Hearing those words from Alusu, Grey smashed the table in front with her bare hands and made a loud thudding sound.

“Are you out of your mind!?” It seems that this emotional Grey became angry.

Hey, why not? I wanted to cast silent to her, but it wasn’t needed because Alusu explained it to her.

“No, however Steph is a person that you can’t read, she is able to perceive everything around her and able to think correctly.” Alusu says as if praising me.

“Eh?” Grey said while casted a dumbfounded face and returned to her seat. She added “What do you mean?”

Alusu’s hands approach to his chin, and thinks about the reason. “Well, Steph is always active at night, but no one have ever seen her. It’s like she memorize the movements of the patrol”

His half-wrong and half-right. I only go out if I want something sweet or food and if there is no maid available to make me food, I would go out using [blink] while also avoiding the guards. Or sometimes I cast [conceal] if I want a long walk.

Alusu continued to praise me. No, perhaps you may call it analyze at this point. Alusu rubs his chin while stating all the reasons.

“Also, yesterday. There is no scores in the house nor in the library but she is able to play the piano. She even said ‘Yes, I found a score in the library and memorize it’. She didn’t mentioned which library, but I had heard from Rachael that they went to the library that day.”

Hey! How come you memorize the words I said yesterday! Aren’t you too much! I wanted to retort of how Father is smart

“I’m sure Rachael has yet to know the way to the library, but they found it! The only answer is Rachael questioning the townsmen. Still I found it a little questionable too…”

Alusu leans forward and begins to think while his chin seats atop of his hands. His analysis is wrong, but I don’t want to correct it. I continued to listen further to what he knows and his facts.

“She even conceals her presence here and there too” Grey uttered while she stared at the empty cup.

“Do I?”

“Yes, yes” Replied Grey nonchalantly.

Perhaps a few seconds later after they heard the voice of the third party, they realized that I was there.

““EH!?”” They made a stupid voice at unison while they swiveled their heads to me.

I did that so they can stop sharing information about me.

 

<<Magic difference and Magic masteries>>

<<Magic Difference>>

There are types of craft that has the same magic, but there is a huge difference between them.

Using [conceal] from a normal magic, the other party may be able to spot you. However, using [conceal] with a craft as a base or prime. The effectiveness will elevate.

<<Magic Masteries>>

If you keep using the same spells, you may able to cast it efficiently and the effects may grew. If you keep using [Fireball] for several years, you may be able to cast a larger one. This knowledge is applied to the world, and that’s why the world has only two or one type of magic. Or perhaps even three.

Between the two common knowledge, they are quality (Magic difference, if you use a compatible crafts) and quantity (Magic masteries if you keep using them).

32