Chapter 10
1.3k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A horde of white and pure people were on their way towards the Reign Family, the hero that hold the fort for 3 months without a rest nor reinforcement. It was extremely rare that the hero Alusu request something to the cardinal, the highest priest of the church.

They noticed the ice that covered almost all the forest between the town and the plateau house of the Reign. Hence they went with haste towards the Reign family and arrived before noon comes.  

The request of the Hero Alusu cannot be decline, after all. His achievements and sweat made the whole kingdom safe and restored. Thanks to him, all the goods that went inside is safely inspect.

Even the royal family owed the Reign Family and was close since then. They also don’t want to break Alusu’s trust, because he is the very important military power of the army. Sadly, after a few years, Alusu’s contract will finish.

However, there is also the prodigies of the Reign family that the royalties and the kingdom wants.

When a person achieves the title [Cardinal] its name will be changed to Cardinal forever. The [Cardinal] title is bestowed to an individual of the highest authority church and [paladin] title can be achieved one person at a time, per high authorize church.

If the cardinal or the paladin dies, the highest authority church may able to bestow another title.

Same with the title [Magician]. The only person that is holding the title is Stephany, however no one knows about its existence even in the past world, except for her past family.

In front of the door of the living room, they were guided by a maid named ‘Rachael’. The group of people that escorted the Cardinal has only numbered to three and the others went to the town to look for the main house of the Reign Family to stay.

Cardinal had an appearance of a middle age bulky man. He had a pure spiky blue hair like no others, and he wore a white uniform befitting to be a priest.

Cardinal went and knock, but before he could do. He heard a scream ‘eh?’ but not too loud that the others in the other rooms would hear it. The cardinal opened the door in haste without a knock.

But he didn’t expect to see that they were just casually chatting to each other, but they have a surprised face upon them.

“Since when did you get here!?” Asked Alusu with a beet red face.

Alusu said something embarrassing earlier, oh youth, oh youth.

“Since ‘Is Steph still not here?’” The nonchalant voice came from a girl clad with a lustrous black robe. Her face was hardly visible from Cardinal’s view.

However, comparing it with Alusu’s view, it is also hardly visible because Steph is looking down with her head is swiveled slightly to the left, not to mention she as against the sunlight, which makes her face even darker. Though, Alusu noticed it ‘as if it was planned at the very beginning from Steph’ but didn’t mentioned it.

““Isn’t that the beginning!?”“ They both retorted in unison.

The cardinal recognized who joined the unison, it was Grey Reign. Alusu’s older sister and also the only one who can manifest 4 magic and can use two at the same time. She is called by the kingdom as the hero mage or some townsmen may call her [the wandering mage].

Cardinal look at their happy figures but decides to ruin it by simply knocking at the door. Alusu and Grey caught their attention but the girl didn’t and simply gaze at the book in front of her.

“Oh~ you here! Take a seat!” Alusu says while wavering his hand towards the vacant seat.

But, cardinal doesn’t want to waste his time and goof around while the others in the Holy kingdom are having troubles and mischief. So he told his thoughts with an honest face.

“No, I plan to leave tomorrow. Because we have a tight schedule in our hands. So should we start the ritual?” Cardinal said with a smile.

His hands were inside the long sleeves that it even cascades to his waist if he crosses his hands together, but those hands were trembling. He doesn’t want to believe that he’s afraid of the hero, or it might even be just too much of respect to him. Or maybe he's just a type of person who does not want to taint their idols with their bare hands.

Well, either way. It does not change the fact that he wanted to go back to the church earlier than planned.

“Sure” Alusu said as he stood up and added, “Let’s go to the practice stadium.”

While saying so, the cardinal backs away from the door, to make path for Alusu. Grey also follows him from behind. But before he goes outside, he almost forgot Steph and called her out.

“You too Steph. Come with us, because we will fix your hair.” Said Alusu as he goes out of the room and the others follows him from behind.

The cardinals and the popes were taken aback, but maintained their composure as they followed Alusu from behind. They didn’t expected that she was the one that got cursed appearance, and the reason why she wore the robe was answered.

They didn’t wait for Steph to follow, because Alusu has started to move.

Fix your hair? Steph thought as she was left alone in the room. Is he talking about yesterday? Can he really fix my hair?

‘Just in case’ Steph thought and created a mithril ring mixed with a demon steel with a magnitude of 15, the highest of the demon steel and a blood of the Yggdrasil tree from alchemist craft in her space, so it won’t disturb the mana around her.

Since Steph’s mana pool is enormous, mithril is capable to store large amount of mana and the longer it bathe with mana, the sturdier it becomes. The demon steel will help the sturdiness and durability, it is a very heavy metal that even the champion of the muscle competition cannot lift the first magnitude.

The demon steel may able compress the user’s mana pool as if it’s a conceal magic from Mystic craft, and it also reduces the user’s physical strength depending on the magnitude. The blood the Yggdrasil is able to repair the durability of the object.

This is not the end yet, with Enhancement craft she embroiled the ring with the following effects. Depending on the user’s desired hair color, the hair color may change. It also has [mana thief] to steal mana from Steph and store it on the ring. It also has a [mana zone] magic and a [curse: 80% physical reduction] just in case if she hits someone.

Even though Steph has an appearance of an 11 year old girl. She has the physical ability of a middle age man that had started to work out. But with this ring, she can only hit like a little girl. Luckily the only ones that she have hit is the dead maids. It also effects to her agility and defense (physical).

The ring was colored black, a lustrous black.

It all happened in a span of 8 seconds and was satisfied by it, she wore the ring on her middle finger. She stood up from the sofa and started to pursue them, however before she could. She was greeted by Rachael, who was standing by the door, simply waiting for her.

“Why are you here?” As usual, her voice was nonchalant as ever.

Rachael’s body twitched and said with a trembling voice. “Can I follow you? My master?”

Steph nodded and started to follow 5 meters away behind from them. Steph doesn’t know these people, but they appear to be some higher ups from the holy land. Both aura and dignity around them made the conclusion too.

They arrived at the practice stadium. They were lucky that no one was using the practice stadium, even though it has a size of the whole airport including its landing site. It was fascinating, even though she knew this place because of the mana zone, but she never looked at it with focus.

The priest also started to create a magic circle on the ground using a pure mana dust. When it was completed, the priest instructed Steph with a respectful tone, after all she is the daughter of the Hero Alusu. She may be perhaps a prodigy like her other siblings

“Miss Steph, please stand in the middle of the magic circle” Cardinal said. Even though he does not know her name is, he assumed to what she was called.

Steph nodded and obediently followed their instructions.

‘It’ll most likely fail’ Steph thought. ‘4 lines that connects the prime and the sub, sub lines aren’t connected to anything, which means nothing at all’

Common magic circles always has a prime and a sub. Sub circles has a magic and is being drawn by a mana line or magic lines that has runes to formulate the magic and gives effect to the prime circle. Then the prime circle is combined by the formulated magic and manifest its magic and effect.

Mana is equally distributed to the line and the sub, while the prime is given large amount of mana. If not, the combined prime will not sustain itself and won’t work or it will only manifest for a single second.

This magic circle in front of Steph has 4 magic lines and doesn’t even have a formula, although the other one has. It means that you need to pour the magic lines in order to make it work, hence being 4 magic lines means a lot of mana. The sub is also written a wrong magic, instead of [force transformation] it is written [direct transformation].

If this sub [direct transformation] is a prime. That only makes the targeted user to become something that the mana line formulated.

By the way, the chants that sometimes said are from the mana lines. The chants are to control their equally distributing mana towards the magic circle,

‘It won’t work’ Steph thought while slightly being displeased by the magic circle in front of her ‘At the very least the prime is correct’

Even if the sub and the lines are incorrect, the prime is written [change hair] connecting to a new prime, which is Steph. She can choose which hair she wants. Naturally she thinks a blonde hair like her father.

With mana zone, she intrude the magic lines and sub to make the priest pour their mana directly to the prime. Even if their mana is not enough, the mana zone will silently pour the missing mana to the prime.

“Are you guys ready?” The Cardinal said as he looks left and right to the other priest.

The priest gave nod and lifted their hands towards Steph. They started to pour their mana from the border of the magic circle that slowly gleams. Alusu casted a serious expression on his face while Grey was closing her eyes, praying.

The priest started to chant making the magic circle shined brightly. It was then, the grimoire with a robotic voice said.

[All magic that targets the user has been nullified. The user’s mana is enormous than the other party. The User’s resistance is high enough to nullify the other party’s magic]

While the grimoire is saying so, Steph is starting to sweat profusely. She was not expecting this to happen, furthermore, the grimoire said the reasons why, as if it was a log or something similar. She was excited to know about the hidden potential about the grimoire. Even more than reading books to gain knowledge from the other worlds, even though she knew about it.

In response to nullification, the magic circle explodes and smoke came out rapidly to fill around them. Steph with a quick and rapid response, she immediately uses her ring and turns her hair into a color chestnut. In the process, her hoodie fell down, it was made to make her escape. Everything was planned out as if it was scripted.

The smoke immediately was dispersed with the help of the magic.

‘This magic!’ Steph recognized the magic that was manifested.

It was [wind tornado] magic, it came from Linux who was behind them. Alusu took a glimpse but soon to returns in front to find Steph.

Steph was standing while her silky chestnut hair was cascading just above her waist, and her eyes trembled slightly as her pupils stray here and there. It can be clearly seen as she was panicking, and in fact this was the first time that the Reign family saw Steph panicking.

Steph intentionally lost her composure and tried to be a con-artist like she was in her past life. A magician always a trick on their sleeves or so as they say. Just a simple act can make the people swayed. Just a simple magic, the people believes.

Alusu’s reaction was mixed with delight, worry and amaze. He couldn’t say something. Thus, Steph runs away with full speed. They just saw a new beautiful girl that they couldn’t say something.

Was it because of the hair that made her express emotions? Many conclusions and thoughts piled up in their minds, but could not figure anything. They just wish that Steph had an emotion.

“So Beautiful” Alusu uttered. But then, he forgot to tell Steph that her social season will start tomorrow.

The other’s didn’t deny and gives a nod. While the cardinal was sweating profusely, he couldn’t believe it work for many years of sweat and tears. They discovered a way to change one’s hair, or so they believe.

Meanwhile, Steph ran all the way to the library without taking a stop. Even though she reduced her physical abilities to an average young girl. She didn’t sweat nor breathing so hardly.

Steph thought’s was filled with delusions using this grimoire. Even though reading is important to her, it only mattered because she gains knowledge even in the outside world.

‘Tonight is going to be fun’

25