Chapter 2 – Confusion
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why does my neck hurt? Everything feels so raw, why are people screaming? Pierce wakes up eyes blurry and but frighteningly unable to move. He can feel the warmth of another person holding him close.
"What's happening? Why can't I move? Where am I?"
All these thoughts and more flooded through Pierce's head, as he lay in the arms of another trying to calm down and rationalize his present situation.
"Oh no... has something wrong just happened"!

"Isn't he the cutest? I wish we could take him home with us today. With all the magic in the world, isn't it shocking that there is still such a thing as Postnatal care?", a woman's voice said.

"Honey, just be satisfied with a night without the wail of a newborn babe. There is something off here... I mean look at those eyes. This child's eyes are far too intense, and he is entirely too quiet...", a man exclaimed.

Sleep.... Pierce's mind screamed. His natural instinct nearly took over, just as he involuntary soiled himself. So embarrassing!

"Well... and guess some things are normal... how fortunate indeed", the man droned.

"Idk what you expected... him to flop himself out of the crib and make a run for the stall, before having ever even said one word?! Markus... Markus... are you listening to me?! My baby is perfect and if you don't think so then you can keep your ruddy opinion to yourself", exclaimed the woman.

"Dawn... now don't you start! I was just trying to say...", said an exasperated man.

"Enough! He is just a little more intelligent than the other babies around him", said Dawn

"He still craps himself doesn't he", Markus said with a wide smile on his face.

"Omg... is this really happening?! I'm a baby?! How can I understand everything? Didn't she say... how can I understand anything at all?", wondered Pierce.
"Grrraau!!", Pierce's stomach notified him that he was once again hungry.

"Step off Markus"! Dawn slapped away Markus's finger, pressing down on Pierce's abdomen.

"Are you sure he is alright? Look at how bulbous the kid's head is!"

"Of course he is fine", Dawn exclaimed!

"He is sort of dim isn't he" Pierce thought. "Good heavens, No"!!
Pierce's thoughts were once again interrupted, this time by his mother's breast nearing his face.

Pierce's stomach was growling almost as loudly as his mind.

"Markus, will you get a nurse? The child looks more distressed than I am. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right", Dawn muttered.

"Whaaa, uhguck"! the wail of a baby was choked off by the oncoming rush of its mother's milk.

"So barbaric" Pierce's mind shuddered. Even still, Pierce's stomach was feeling grateful.

Pierce struggled to stay away, even as his eyes closed and his mind drifted off.

1