Chapter 10 – Is He Here?
191 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Is he sleeping?
 
Elisi tried to put the glass back on the table, but since the room was still dark, she could not see where it was.
 
She tried to make gentle up and down motions to find the table, to no avail.
 
Was the table this far from this chair? I don’t remember... I guess I’ll keep holding it.
 
Suddenly the glass was grabbed from her hands, and the king put it back on the table.
 
“Ah!”
 
This startled her. Could he see her?
 
“Can you see in the dark?"
 
“Maybe”
 
“Maybe...” she repeated after him. What does it mean, she wondered.
 
Suddenly her head felt heavy, like she was about to fall forward, the scare of falling abruptly woke her up.
 
Eh? I fell asleep again! 
 
Not being able to see a thing made her not notice that she was indeed falling asleep.
 
It’s still dark.
 
She was too afraid to move. Maybe the king was sleeping, and she didn’t want to wake him.
 
“I’m sorry! I’m sorry...”
 
“That’s ok” Elisi responded.
 
“Mmm mmmm”
 
Oh, he is sleeping...
 
He kept whining and making painful noises. those noises coming out of him made Elisi feel dreadful. His pain could be heard, and it was reaching her.
 
Slowly, she stepped down from her seat and approached him.
Her fingers moved like light feathers towards him. When she touched his forehead, sweat was covering him. 
 
She grabbed her little handkerchief from her pocket and wipe him with tiny tapping motions. To not wake him up.
 
The darkness was enhancing every sentiment, every touch, and every new feeling. Although she was in the dark, her heart was so dazzling, full of little sparkles.
 
She kept passing her fingers through his long hair like the day before. Playing with his hair has become a shameful hobby of hers. 
 
Elisi hoped it will calm him down once again, wishing she could take away some of his pain. Hearing the king straggling like that in the dark made it more painful to her.
 
This time she gripped his hand, and he seemed to respond to her touch.
 
Such touch made Elisi flutter. Although she grabbed his hand first, being held back was not something she expected. Her heart was beating even faster than before and she could not take it anymore.
 
Calm down Elisi, I need to calm down... It's just a hand touch! He must be ugly!
 
Although he seems to be a very fair person by letting me stay by his side while comforting me in his own way... He must be ugly. I'm sure once I see his face all my attraction to him will fade, and I will not like him anymore.
 
Why am I getting like this?
 
Oh, he feels so soft and warm...
 
I lost to this person.
 
Elisi surrendered to her feelings and lay her head on the edge of his seat to alleviate the strong emotions that were running over her.
 
But why now? She just met him.
 
She never touched nobody like that before. It was her first time holding somebody else's hand like that; her eyes were fixed only on her flower boy. There was no one beside him.
Surely, she never had the time to think about that kind of thing. She never believed that kind of feelings were meant for her.
 
Maybe feeling this much is enough for me.
 
I will just keep being by his side as long as he needs me.
 
Maybe staying in the dark by his side is all I need. 
 
*******
 
The room became bright and rays of sunshine were falling on Elisi’s sleeping eyes.
 
The brightness was making her eyes crave to open, something that Elisi did not want to do.
 
She kept hugging the pillow below her tighter and tighter so it won't let her go, as if it will protect her from the horrors of waking up.
 
When she couldn't resist anymore, and realized she slept on duty again. Elisi got up like a bouncing toy.
 
Aaaaah!
 
Looking around the room to see if the king was present, she dropped on the couch, relieved when she could not see him.
 
Once she was fully awake. She couldn't wait to go to Sebastian and tell him what happened in the morning.
 
She cleaned as fast as she could and got off the room in a hurry.
 
****
 
Running towards the tower, it looked to Elisi like it was getting farther away instead of getting closer.
 
“Sebastian!!! Sebastian!”
 
Elisi was calling while running as fast as she could.
 
Hoping he could hear her, so she kept shouting.
 
“Please! transport me to the top, please!”
 
“Sebastian!!!” Elisi shouted once more while still running.
 
“Yes, Elisi”
 
“Oh, I... I didn't notice I was already here”
 
Sebastian giggled.
 
“The King found out about me, he even entered inside my mind... Why didn't you warn me?”
 
“That prick found out too soon that you are a healer. I just came back from being scolded by him, ”
 
“Let me tell you, Elisi, the king detests healers”
 
“They were the ones sent by the previous King to hit him. They made sure not to leave scars on his body, but they left the painful bruises on him... Well... “
 
Elisi just looked down silently. She was hated and there's nothing she could do.
Maybe today was her last day with the king.
 
 
 
7