Chapter 18 – Soup for the soul
178 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jeremy headed towards Elisi to wake her up, but the king stopped him. 

The butler stepped back, astonished to see Dalion looking like nothing had happened the day before. He stood up and pushed him away so easily. If it wasn't for Elisi’s poor state, he would have thought yesterday was just a mere bad dream.

The King stepped towards the bed and kneeled next to Elisi’s side. With a soft look on his face, he reached for her with his hand and shook her lightly to wake her up.

Jeremy once again was left without words after witnessing the king's unusual actions. Besides Berit, there was no person who made Dalion look gentle. There was no other person to whom he gave such kindness since his mother died.

what the hell was going on?

“Elisi, wake up, you need to wake up. People will come here soon. ”

Her eyes won't even move. Her body did not recover yet, but Jeremy knew the king did not trust to call a healer. This time maybe he had no choice.

He could tell what Dalion was about to say to him.

“Jeremy, please sent a maid to call Sebastian and another to call a healer”

“Excuse me, my lord”

“Elisi, please wake up”

Somebody was calling her in her dream.

My body feels so light. I feel like a feather in the wind.

“Wake up”

Her body suddenly plummeted and became too heavy.

“Elisi, ”

The King is his here too, in my dream again? But now it's not the darkness...

He was shining, the shine of the sun was like a halo surrounded him. She thought he was in her dream and he was an angel guarding her in a better place.

“Elisi!”

“Shiny, so shiny,” she giggled

“Yesterday was by the moon, today by the sun”

She kept bubbling

“Try to get up, I will help you”

“Eh? No! You can’t! I'm heavy like a block of lead.”

Oh, Sebastian is also in my dream. He also looks like an angel. Everybody does.

Elisi woke up from the strange dream she was having. Berit was sitting next to her “Elisi, finally you have woken up! Thank you for saving my dear father. I will leave him in your care”

She was holding both of Elisi’s hands like she did the other time. Elisi felt happy she could put a smile on that pretty face.

Soon after Berit spoke to her, she got up.

“It’s getting late, I will go back to my room”

Elisi noticed she was now on his divan and he was next to her, drinking some tea. Did she take over his favorite place?

Maybe being in his bed last night was all a dream.

“Bye, princess Berit”

The King almost choked on his tea.

Elisi waved back to her big a bug smile.

Did he just laugh? Her heart was almost cured by the sight.

His eyes shone like two crescent moons.

He looked at her, and she turned her head, hiding her face.

Just as she woke up, they left her alone with the king. That would mean it was time for her to go back to her room. No more disturbing the king. This ordeal already took too much of his time. It was embarrassing.

Without saying anything, she thought she felt much better and could get out of the bed by herself. Like pulling out a bandaid, she took off the blankets and fell off as soon as she tried to stand. Her legs were still too weak.

“Always escaping,” sighted the king.

He came for her and when she looked up; she noticed how great his presence was; he stood tall; towering over her with his winter colored eyes staring right into her soul.

“That healer made a nosy job,” he said with a very annoyed voice clucking his tongue.

Then made a gesture towards her.

Elisi almost tried to wrap her hands around the head to protect herself from a bitting. His action naturally scared her. They meant no good.

But no such thing happened.

Instead, he grabbed her in his arms. The breeze of the lift gave her little goose bumps as he started walking towards his bed.

“You need to go back to bed..., I moved you to the divan. If they saw you in my bed, it would have created a misunderstanding”

So it wasn’t a dream. He was by my side then, and now I’m in his arms. I can't stand it.

Elisi buried her face in his chest from the embarrassment. His sturdy arms were now her safety. The warmth of his chest made her heart beat even faster than usual, but suddenly she noticed that doing such a thing is pretty embarrassing in it all itself and tried to escape his harms. Then he held her tighter so she could move no more.

Elisi looked up at him with wide-open eyes. His face was so close and his confused grey eyes made her think she will not survive this, she will explode.

“Maybe I can walk by myself” Her shy voice traveled slowly into space.

She needed to get down and erase all those fantasies in her head.

He laid her gently on the bed and put the blankets on top of her.

“Too late for that”

He petted her head, and she downed her head as protection.

“I'll bring your soup”

A tray with a healthy vegetable soup was on her lap.

He put his hand over the bowl and the cold soup seemed to have warmed up to a perfect temperature.

Elisi was hesitant to eat.

Was it really ok to eat it? Her mother’s words of not to eating during sickness always stuck in her mind.

Now the king was telling her to eat.

It was hard to even grab the spoon.

“It's fine, you can eat...”

He dipped the spoon in the soup and handheld it before her.

She was embarrassed that he noticed how pathetic she could be.

Yet still, her chest was full of explosions. Maybe she should drink the soup to calm herself down.

This time, tears of happiness were about to fall. She hoped from now on all the sadness will stop.

This was the first time being taken care of while she was sick. Each sip of the soup warmed her heart and eased her from all the bad things that transpired the day before. Everything around her became comforting, like the soup.

He always spoke a few words to her, but his eyes expressed everything.

Being by his side was healing her.

6